World Event: Suzuka 700PP 10 laps | Any car | xx:00 / :30

• Thread starter EL_ZISSOU
  • 616 comments
Well, probably even me. :drool: Hey, I feel like I owe you an apology for work'n you so hard. I tried to keep up the pressure without any bang'n, but I'm not sure I managed to stay clean? I apologize if there was some bumping. Nice job keeping me at bay, BTW.

No, you don't owe me an apology.

This is undoubtedly for another thread but, there are no excuses for deliberately 'tapping' or 'nudging' another car off line or off track purely for the purpose of gaining a place. If someone chooses to drive the lotus, this has to be taken into account. It will not win on top speed alone and so relies on others, either by making mistakes or if you can hang on to their tails. To force people into 'making mistakes' is just lame driving.

On several occasions last night I was spun around in the esses and at Dunlop by over eager lotus drivers who don't respect other people on the racing line.

TwistyBits - you are an excellent driver and I never felt in danger when you were around me.

It's already pure carnage out there I'm afraid. The NSX is pretty much helpless against the punks in Cali's and Clio's, it just gets eat up on the straights with the tune I'm using. But I'm doing 1'59.9xxs--2'00.2xx's in clean air when I'm not getting my 🤬 violated. Oh well, looks like I'm going to have to get the Clio out of the garage if this keeps up...

ragefacey.png

Try some different cars, El Carl! I was having a lot of fun yesterday in the tuned Skyline- you would like it man, it seems it has a big turbo that kicks on and makes it interesting! Was thinking of trying a Vette later today. They aren't the fastest cars for this event but they are fast enough to have fun :dopey:

Even though there are a lot of Lotuses and Clios, I have been impressed with how much variety I've seen thus far. It's been nice to change things up from having everyone in the same car and knowing just what to expect as far as braking, turn-in, and so on. :)

I've definately seen more variety this morning then yesterday. The Elise, Clio and Cali are common but I've seen a Ford GT, a few Evos, Amuse/Opera Zs, F430s, all sorts. Subsequently I've had more fun, podiums a plenty and a couple of wins in a car which yesterday had no chance against the Calio (Cali + Clio) army in my Viper/T. On that basis the Mines should be good enough as well as stated above, and good fun to (Edit: :doh: I forget about the new skyline/T, I just assumed Mines but either appears to work.)

Last edited:
No, you don't owe me an apology.

This is undoubtedly for another thread but, there are no excuses for deliberately 'tapping' or 'nudging' another car off line or off track purely for the purpose of gaining a place. If someone chooses to drive the lotus, this has to be taken into account. It will not win on top speed alone and so relies on others, either by making mistakes or if you can hang on to their tails. To force people into 'making mistakes' is just lame driving.

On several occasions last night I was spun around in the esses and at Dunlop by over eager lotus drivers who don't respect other people on the racing line.

TwistyBits - you are an excellent driver and I never felt in danger when you were around me.

Thank you for the compliment! :bowdown: Very high praise, but rest assured, you're definitely in danger when I'm around. :eek: I really enjoy racing against you, and all the drivers that show respect for each other (and, some contact is expected when the racing is close). Nobody's going to get rich or famous from these races (OK, well, maybe a very few :)). So, it's really just about the mano-a-mano competition, regardless of how far from the front you might be. A great race to me is one in which there're passes, and repasses, and not just due to the draft. And, I definitely appreciate someone who can defend simply controlling the line, and by making their car "wide", as you've demonstrated.

Now, if I can just find that second to a second and a half a lap that the fastest guys consistently put on me, regardless of the event...

Today i took my cali out of the garage....
best time i've manage so far at time trial 2.00.5xx with a lot of mistakes as always:ouch::ouch:

EL sorry for not responce to the chat but i show it to late and i was like dead from the Morrison vs F40 event.

I had a blast there yesterday. I do agree that it's a tad bit long, but the grid is usaully full, so there are battles all over the track. Will be up again tonight.

hello, all. jumping in at :00.

EDIT: no love for the gtp chat?

EDIT 2: fun stuff. slip n slidin with the tuned skyline coupe

Last edited:
I'm in with the amuse 350z.

Edit: Some good racing out there tonight. Apologies go out to Flash_48 for taking him out. Wasn't intentional. Tried setting myself up to get a good run out of that corner to try and make a double pass and didn't expect both cars to slam on their brakes. That EVO was getting on my nerves.

2:02.290 in clean air with the Amuse 350Z.

Last edited:
I hope to god you guys will still be on around 9-ish tonight. Looking forward to running this with you guys.

I did a 2'00.3xx with the Evo IX/Tuned (Lion's Den Performance Racing has a tune for said car).

2:08+ in an F40 with R3 tyres.... got whipped silly by a California

How does an F40 with R3 corner slower than an Evo with R1???
F40 has so much initial turn in understeer or you have to turn the wheel a bit more

Just did a 2'01.505 with a Z06/Tuned, would be a 2'01.3 or 2'01.4 in there somewhere. About to do a little further testing on my brake balance then post the tune.👍

Edit: 2'01.286 with the brake balance change.👍 About to post this tune now.

Last edited:
Just did a 2'01.505 with a Z06/Tuned, would be a 2'01.3 or 2'01.4 in there somewhere. About to do a little further testing on my brake balance then post the tune.👍

Edit: 2'01.286 with the brake balance change.👍 About to post this tune now.

Damn that's fast with the Vette Tuned.

Damn that's fast with the Vette Tuned.

I improved ever so slightly just now by reverting to an older tried and true number of suspension settings on my Vette, so it's now 2'01.20x, still not at fast as my Evo IX/Tuned though.:( This would be hard to overtake though, a lot of straight line power. Setup for this as well is now posted.:)

Wow,good job,I assume you've done it with the pad?
I'm 1 sec slower (also with sixaxis)
How do you manage the lift off oversteer with this car?

Yes indeed with the pad, I don't have that mutch lift off oversteer as far as I know. Maybe I have a sleightly diffrent tune :D.

Rikson, CICO, Roomboter => it seems this event is turning into "Open Dutch championships"

Rikson, CICO, Roomboter => it seems this event is turning into "Open Dutch championships"

It's just an GTHQ event,in combination with free run,and I guess that's the reason why Room asked for laptimes with this combo.
Apparently the fastest guys in the world hang around here,so it's the best place to ask..
Grtz,Eric

Latest Posts

Back