World Hot Hatch Championship - Season Two

• Thread starter Matej
  • 132 comments

What endurance event would you like to race on following rounds ?

• El Capitan 200 Miles Endurance

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Nurburgring 4 hour endurance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both of them

• I hate endurance events !

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly 24 hours until round 2 results.
There are still some drivers (4 of them) who did not submited anything, I would feel stupid to give them DNF, so I hope I will receive everything until tomorrow...

I think you should give us more,because it's hard to find time to do enduros
I agree, sometimes is hard to find 2 hours to play; since not all players have posted their times I will give a new deadline - 4 December
Now all of you have week to refresh your times if you want, and to complete enduros. :)

Well I was going to apologise for running out of time to do my races, but hopefully with the extra week i'll find the time to do them.

Three more days... I hope this time all players will submit their results, I would feel very stupid to give another week for such small amount of races... :indiff:

Finally did the El Captain race. My first Endurance race that I've hardly B Speced. It felt amazing to win.

it seems i won't do the enduro
offtopic:SVX,when are you going to post your time at guess that time thread?

Oh man! I've completely forgot about it! I'll hopefully do it tonight.

Tomorrow I will start posting results and yet some drivers did not submited their times. This needs to be changed quickly because I won't give you another week.

WHHC ROUND 2 RESULTS

Code:
Trial Mountain Reverse:
  1st    Nilloc             3'21.087   10pts  
  2nd    one inch man       3'23.635   8pts
  3rd    greaterbadass      3'25.659   6pts  
  4th    tricd04            3'27.336   5pts
  5th    Matej              3'29.888   4pts
  6th    shotamagee         3'30.887   3pts
  7th    amkobih            3'31.135   2pts
  8th    SVX                3'33.671   1pts

Apricot Hill Raceway:
  1st    greaterbadass      4'39.226   10pts  
  2nd    Nilloc             4'44.135   8pts            
  3rd    one inch man       4'49.751   6pts  
  4th    amkobih            4'51.534   5pts
  5th    tricd04            4'54.999   4pts
  6th    SVX                4'55.633   3pts
  7th    shotamagee         4'56.721   2pts
  8th    Matej              4'57.273   1pts

Clubman Stage Route 5:
  1st    greaterbadass      4'58.529   10pts  
  2nd    one inch man       5'01.886   8pts            
  3rd    Nilloc             5'03.108   6pts  
  4th    tricd04            5'07.970   5pts
  5th    SVX                5'14.346   4pts
  6th    shotamagee         5'15.004   3pts
  7th    Matej              5'16.779   2pts
  8th    amkobih            5'18.258   1pts

Infineon Raceway - Stock Car Course:
  1st    one inch man       11'01.168   10pts  
  2nd    tricd04            11'02.133   8pts            
  3rd    Nilloc             11'14.426   6pts  
  4th    shotamagee         11'24.471   5pts
  5th    amkobih            11'25.855   4pts
  6th    Matej              11'34.878   3pts
  7th    greaterbadass      15'45.707   2pts
  8th    SVX                 DNF   

El Capitan 200 miles:
  1st    one inch man       2:08'51.676  10pts  
  2nd    shotamagee         2:12'51.287   8pts            
  3rd    SVX                2:14'10.123   6pts  
  4th    Nilloc             2:23'13.620   5pts
  5th    greaterbadass       DNF  
  6th    amkobih             DNF   
  7th    tricd04             DNF   
  8th    Matej               DNF

WHHC CURRENT POINTS
one inch man --- 77 pts
tricd04 --- 60 pts
amkobih --- 46 pts
shotamagee --- 43 pts
Nilloc --- 41 pts
greaterbadass --- 39 pts
SVX --- 35 pts
Matej --- 34 pts

WooHooHomer.jpg

Important!
SVX and Matej are now drivers with ability to change their vehicles if they want. Also one inch man and tricd04 are pulling away from the rest of the field so they MUST change their vehicles with something from FF group otherwise I won't count their times. one inch man should pick worse FF car then tricd04.

Last edited:
WHHC ROUND 3

RACE SCHEDULE:

Family Cup (AI set to 4)
  • Grand Valley Speedway
  • Midfield Raceway

Professional Events - Clubman Cup
  • Twin Ring Motegi - East Short Course (3 laps)

Extreme Events - Polphony Digital Cup
  • Seattle Circuit Reverse (7 laps)
  • El Capitan Reverse (6 laps)

You can submit your times until 16 December 2011. Prepare for battle :gtpflag:

As long as the Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EP) 2004 is FF, I'll be taking it for my next 300 HP beast... Except for the whole "beast" part, that is!

Also one inch man and tricd04 are pulling away from the rest of the field so they MUST change their vehicles with something from FF group otherwise I won't count their times. one inch man should pick worse FF car then tricd04.

I didn't change anything for round 2. So I wouldn't say, that I'm pulling away. It's a steady performance, the others are just getting worse ;)
If an EK Civic Type R is considered a worse car, than an EP one, I'll be taking that one. Although I'm not really prepared to give up the Sprinter...

As long as the Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EP) 2004 is FF, I'll be taking it for my next 300 HP beast... Except for the whole "beast" part, that is!

Ok, you're signed in as Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EP) 2004 driver :).

I didn't change anything for round 2. So I wouldn't say, that I'm pulling away. It's a steady performance, the others are just getting worse
If an EK Civic Type R is considered a worse car, than an EP one, I'll be taking that one. Although I'm not really prepared to give up the Sprinter...

Yes, although EK is a good car (when we talk about FF cars of course :sly: ) it can't match EP so your choice is fine, just tell which version you want to drive, '97 or '98. Happy wheelspin ;)

Yes, although EK is a good car (when we talk about FF cars of course :sly: ) it can't match EP so your choice is fine, just tell which version you want to drive, '97 or '98. Happy wheelspin ;)

I'll have a look which one I have in my garage and tell you tomorrow.

I was wondering if it wouldn't be more fair to add ballast to cars as a "prize" for winning instead of going all the way to requiring a switch to FFs? 💡

It might be too late for this series, also I haven't been able to test to see if it makes a significant enough disadvantage in GT4?

I was wondering if it wouldn't be more fair to add ballast to cars as a "prize" for winning instead of going all the way to requiring a switch to FFs? 💡

It might be too late for this series, also I haven't been able to test to see if it makes a significant enough disadvantage in GT4?

Yeah more ballast, or dropping some power (eg down to 250-275) for the top two, would be better than forcing a car (or drivetrain) change I think.

Before creating this challenge I wanted for all players to drive as many hot hatches as possible, to gather as many experience (by driving different types of vehicles) as possible. That was my primary idea from beginning and thus sticking with the same car idea is not equivalent with my thoughts.

But, FF cars are suffering in GT4 (lack of physics) so driving them might be boring, I totally understand that. It's also never too late to do some changes; this is what I thought since already three players did recommend something ( it might be more than three eventually - needs of most :sly: ) :

Adding ballast might not be good idea, extra weight reduces hot hatches originality and it looks poor - cheap method to ruin your car.
On the other hand, power reduce seems much better decision, I think this is something that keeps vehicles realistic in terms of tuning, in that case one inch man (fastest so far) should choose between two options : whether to swap Trueno for Civic Type-r or to lower Trueno power to range from original (I think 136 with oiling) hp to 200 hp. Same goes for tricd04 - either Honda EP 2004 or lowering R5 power to range 230 to 250 hp.
In that case ^ drivers with low points (SVX, Matej) should stick with their vehicles or swap them for something else.

Please let me know what you think so that I can enforce this method.

Before creating this challenge I wanted for all players to drive as many hot hatches as possible, to gather as many experience (by driving different types of vehicles) as possible. That was my primary idea from beginning and thus sticking with the same car idea is not equivalent with my thoughts.

But, FF cars are suffering in GT4 (lack of physics) so driving them might be boring, I totally understand that. It's also never too late to do some changes; this is what I thought since already three players did recommend something ( it might be more than three eventually - needs of most :sly: ) :

If you wanted us to change cars more often, you should have said so in the opening post, I'm sure most of us wouldn't have minded (EDIT: rule no2 in the OP says only pick one car) but;
Unfortunatly about 85% of the hatches are FF's, which are ok (still not as quick as a decent FR car though) with stock power, but when you boost them up to 250 - 300HP, they mostly become wheel spinning, front tyre devouring, understeering messes. So that does limit the number of competitive options.

Adding ballast might not be good idea, extra weight reduces hot hatches originality and it looks poor - cheap method to ruin your car.
On the other hand, power reduce seems much better decision, I think this is something that keeps vehicles realistic in terms of tuning, in that case one inch man (fastest so far) should choose between two options : whether to swap Trueno for Civic Type-r or to lower Trueno power to range from original (I think 136 with oiling) hp to 200 hp. Same goes for tricd04 - either Honda EP 2004 or lowering R5 power to range 230 to 250 hp.
In that case ^ drivers with low points (SVX, Matej) should stick with their vehicles or swap them for something else.

Please let me know what you think so that I can enforce this method.

I'm not quite sure how ballast ruins the look of your car, but ignoring that point;
I'd say that's a pretty good comprimise, the top placed player gets their HP cut down to max 200 and second gets 250HP as their maximum, if they want to keep using their current car for the next week.

PS. I've just spent about approx 100K on my Corolla (plus time invested working on setup) so I would have been happy to use it for quite some time. So maybe you need to add a rule where, you can only use one car for a certain number of rounds.
I'd say you need to decide if you really want us to use the FF's or not, because currently theres really no incentive to do so. So either do some FF only rounds, or try to find a way (tyres/HP limits possibly) to make them competitive against the FR/MR's. Otherwise this will probably become a FR/MR hot hatch competition. (If it wasn't already)

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure how ballast ruins the look of your car, but ignoring that point
look with a different meaning. Imagine Trueno with extra 200 kg - that's about 1055 kg. This would ruin car originality - something that neither Trueno would accept. I still think this is bad idea, and I will try not to enforce this.

With the rest I totally agree shotamagee, this became FR/MR competition and I wanted to avoid this if possible. But I want for challenge to be without tension, so I would like to hear opinion from tricd04 and one inch man (since they have highest points) whether they want to swap their vehicles for FF (in that case I will create another rule that requires FF consuming after you start pulling away from the rest of field) or lower horsepower on their current cars (in that case this would create a rule where top drivers must lower hp of their vehicles while keeping what they drive or they can [not necessarily] choose FF car to avoid 'same drivetrain' complex).

Thanks for pointing everything out shotamagee :), although I don't understand Corolla part; which Corolla and why ? But we'll get to this as soon as I solve problem above.

Last edited:
although I don't understand Corolla part; which Corolla and why ?

Seriously? The Toyota Corolla Levin GT-Apex AE86 '83, which I've been using the whole time is a good bet. I'm just saying I've spent a fair bit of $ on parts and time on tuning the setup (suspension mainly) to where it is. I'd be annoyed if I had to do that with another new car too often.

Seriously? The Toyota Corolla Levin GT-Apex AE86 '83, which I've been using the whole time is a good bet. I'm just saying I've spent a fair bit of $ on parts and time on tuning the setup (suspension mainly) to where it is. I'd be annoyed if I had to do that with another new car too often.

Sorry I forgot to put this (:sly:) , it was supposed to be a joke :)

But you shouldn't be worried, in terms of points there are many drivers around you, so until you start pulling away you should stick with your car.

I'll lower the horsepower of my Sprinter. Buying parts for another car wouldn't be a problem. But finding a good setup for the Civic could be, as I avoid driving FF cars in GT4 and don't really want to learn how to set them up.

And a question, what about tuner cars? There should be a Spoon Civic Type R. Would that be eligible?

Latest Posts

Back