World Motorsport Association

• Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 1,067 comments
Sorry n00b question ... what you mean?

When people sign up: copy/paste... "Welcome! Please attend the test session today, if possible, and vote on the polls." :lol: Just make people feel welcome, and aware of the testing today.

When people sign up: copy/paste... "Welcome! Please attend the test session today, if possible, and vote on the polls." :lol: Just make people feel welcome, and aware of the testing today.

:lol: ... will do mate ... you like the profile pic?

First of all, I'd like to give a BIG welcome to the latest who have signed up ...

anirishnirvana
joetruckv8
KingSakery
eddyac

I hope you guys enjoy your stay and have fun with some good, clean and fair racing. 👍

This weekend was some of the best racing action I was involved in. Friday night, something came up, so there was no VLN or Conti for me. Saturday night consisted of ITCC and my first race in Rolex via invitation. I'm quite pleases with my 4th in class with the Ferrari outfit. I had fun guys and I hope I can come back next week.
And last but not least was Bankfin's second Official Test Session. Things are coming along nicely and I can't wait for preseason to start.
Nice 👍

One other thing you could do to publicise WMA is by creating a social club in GTPlanet. Also why not try a facebook page and twitter?

NizmoDr3
Good idea ... have you decided to join yet?

Yeah sure thing mate...Have a few ideas i'd like to share

I really like the ladder system that you've created...On all the WMA sanctioned series how about giving points to drivers based on how they do. Race wins etc. For example the mazda series can offer more points than one of the beginner series. This way you can rank drivers based on their racing skills and not based on their time trial abilities which is commonly used eg. GTP weekly racing series, GT Academy etc...

The more advanced series offer more points but require you to work your way up through the WMA sanctioned events.

This whole thing can be called WMA leaderboard...

There are multiple race series in GTPlanet but theres no definitive way of finding out who is an ultimate racer which can drive a whole range of cars...my 2 cents...

Actually a brilliant idea ... I was thinking of putting up Points Tables of the diffirent series in the second post but, you've just given me the brilliant idea of placing the W.M.A. Leaderboard there ... then all the points a driver recieves per W.M.A series will be accumulated into one overall point standings on the Leaderboard ... but only points acquired via W.M.A. sanctioned events will get tallied up ... the more W.M.A. series your involved in the more points your recieve which in turn boosts your ranking ...

EVERYONE PLEASE INFORM THE RD OF THE SERIES YOU ARE INVOLVED IN ABOUT THE W.M.A. THE MORE SANCTIONED EVENTS, THE HIGHER YOUR RANKING AND THE MORE W.M.A. GETS RECONIZED ...

NizmoDr3
Actually a brilliant idea ... I was thinking of putting up Points Tables of the diffirent series in the second post but, you've just given me the brilliant idea of placing the W.M.A. Leaderboard there ... then all the points a driver recieves per W.M.A series will be accumulated into one overall point standings on the Leaderboard ... but only points acquired via W.M.A. sanctioned events will get tallied up ... the more W.M.A. series your involved in the more points your recieve which in turn boosts your ranking ...

EVERYONE PLEASE INFORM THE RD OF THE SERIES YOU ARE INVOLVED IN ABOUT THE W.M.A. THE MORE SANCTIONED EVENTS, THE HIGHER YOUR RANKING AND THE MORE W.M.A. GETS RECONIZED ...

Wouldn't that be easier if we could agree to a point system that would be applied to all series? If I understood that correctly you'll use the championship points we gain as our W.M.A. points. But I might have misunderstood it again :lol:

rallymorten
Wouldn't that be easier if we could agree to a point system that would be applied to all series? If I understood that correctly you'll use the championship points we gain as our W.M.A. points. But I might have misunderstood it again :lol:

Having a total accumulation from all series to create one leaderboard. Different series offer different amount of points based on difficulty..Hope you understand...

kk20
Having a total accumulation from all series to create one leaderboard. Different series offer different amount of points based on difficulty..Hope you understand...

I've understood that part, what I'm saying is it doesn't make sense if e.g. a Karting championship by default gives a 100 points and the to-be-officially-announced F1 style championship gives 25 :)

Lets say you race in GTP Rally Championship, ITCC, Fiat Trophy and BTCC ... Your points tally is as follows:

GTP Rally Championship => 87 points
ITCC => 55 points
Fiat Trophy => 20 points
BTCC => 100 points
Total points => 162

Your 162 points would be added to the Leaderboard
(BTCC points won't count due to not being sanctioned)

So what this means essentially, is that even tho you are fighting for the Championship in your respective series, you are also fighting for your ranking on the Leaderboard to prove that you are the best.

rallymorten
I've understood that part, what I'm saying is it doesn't make sense if e.g. a Karting championship by default gives a 100 points and the to-be-officially-announced F1 style championship gives 25 :)

Then we wont do that. Just offer less for the karting....

Hey Ed. I didn't expect to see a drifter here. :P You want in? Or did you end up on the strange side of the forums? It actually has me wondering; should we run another VDC type thing here?

I want to get more into grip driving getting bored of driving sideways to be honest :P, but sure about that VDC type event 👍

Lets say you race in GTP Rally Championship, ITCC, Fiat Trophy and BTCC ... Your points tally is as follows:

GTP Rally Championship => 87 points
ITCC => 55 points
Fiat Trophy => 20 points
BTCC => 100 points
Total points => 162

Your 162 points would be added to the Leaderboard
(BTCC points won't count due to not being sanctioned)

So what this means essentially, is that even tho you are fighting for the Championship in your respective series, you are also fighting for your ranking on the Leaderboard to prove that you are the best.

We'll have to wait 'til next ITCC season, to add the new points system, but I'm thinking:

Tier 1: 25 points for a win
Tier 2: 50 points for a win
Ter 3: 75 points for a win
Tier 4: 100 points for a win

Also, Eddy, you've come to the right place. :) I can set up a drift comp (Tier 1, most likely) and a couple other series.

I like the tier idea...To examine each series we will create certain criterias which each series will have to meet. The criterias will be kept hidden from public and only certain WMA members will know what they are...The more criterias it meets, the higher the tier. Tier 1 series will be the best of the best. Probably 1 in 15 series will be tier 1...

I can see WMA expanding and dominating GTPlanet

We'll have to wait 'til next ITCC season, to add the new points system, but I'm thinking:

Tier 1: 25 points for a win
Tier 2: 50 points for a win
Ter 3: 75 points for a win
Tier 4: 100 points for a win

Also, Eddy, you've come to the right place. :) I can set up a drift comp (Tier 1, most likely) and a couple other series.

How do we determine what series goes in which Tier bracket? ... We all know that F1 is the pinnacle of open wheel racing, but what about the Tin-tops or Sports car racing or even Rally? ... How do we split the Touring Car series into the different Tiers? Which series would have more prestige than the others ... we have to tread very carefully when deciding this ...

How do we determine what series goes in which Tier bracket? ... We all know that F1 is the pinnacle of open wheel racing, but what about the Tin-tops or Sports car racing or even Rally? ... How do we split the Touring Car series into the different Tiers? Which series would have more prestige than the others ... we have to tread very carefully when deciding this ...

Difficulty: which cars are hard to drive, and which series are hard to win in? FIAT Trophy might be more tier 1, but drifting and rally etc. takes more skill.

We will have to cater for all disciplines in the Top Teir ... eg, F1, WTCC, WRC, D1 style events ... but maybe before we rush through to sort out our Premier Tier, lets get our house in order and focus on getting our bottom to mid tiers organized ... I would like everyone to state which series they think should be placed in which tier ... Tier 1 would be the Fiat Trophy for example all the way Tier 4 which would be a high mid tier ...

We will have to cater for all disciplines in the Top Teir ... eg, F1, WTCC, WRC, D1 style events ... but maybe before we rush through to sort out our Premier Tier, lets get our house in order and focus on getting our bottom to mid tiers organized ... I would like everyone to state which series they think should be placed in which tier ... Tier 1 would be the Fiat Trophy for example all the way Tier 4 which would be a high mid tier ...

Tier 1:

Karting series (I'm about to make a thread, I had WAY too much fun last night)
FIAT Trophy

Tier 2:

VLN (entry level touring cars-a mistake is easy to make up for)
entry-level drifting (an introduction, really)
SWRC rally (FF 1.6 liter)

Tier 3:

ITCC (highly competitive touring cars)
Bankfin (highly competitive touring cars)
"next-level" Tier 3 drifting (not at Tsukuba, going to hard tracks)
Star Mazda (competitive open wheel/introduction to F1 drafting etc.)
PWRC (stock rally)

Tier 4:

F1
WRC
Historics
Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge

These are just my ideas. Notice, the cars get gradually faster, and harder to win in.

MrMelancholy15
Tier 1:

FIAT Trophy

Tier 2:

Tier 3:

PWRC (stock rally)

Tier 4:

F1
WRC
Historics

These are just my ideas. Notice, the cars get gradually faster, and harder to win in.

That seems like a fair one (considering there's lots of ideas that need to be presented [DTM for example, another crazy idea ;) ] that would need to be added) 👍

And I like the 25, 50, 75, 100 point idea too 👍

So, next thing, leveling. Maybe:

At 200 points new drivers will reach Tier 2. At 500 points they reach Tier 3, and at 1000 points they reach Tier 4?

That seems like a fair one (considering there's lots of ideas that need to be presented [DTM for example, another crazy idea ;) ] that would need to be added) 👍

And I like the 25, 50, 75, 100 point idea too 👍

So, next thing, leveling. Maybe:

At 200 points new drivers will reach Tier 2. At 500 points they reach Tier 3, and at 1000 points they reach Tier 4?

Oh, I like that, rally! 👍 It allows people to move up the ranks, in less than a full season, while still rewarding good drivers, and keeping the more aggressive drivers down in the lower tiers, where contact is easier to recover from.

Also, big welcomes to: cygnuxevolution/99999Evolution, and eddyac/eddyac.

Finally, I'm currently making the Super kart series thread. Considering how easy the specs are "break your cars in, and don't change them." it'll be pretty easy to enjoy this.

Tier 1:

FIAT Trophy

Tier 2:

Tier 3:

PWRC (stock rally)

Tier 4:

F1
WRC
Historics

Not to mention I am currently considering another series that would fit right into Tier 4

Latest Posts

Back