World Premiere - GTAcademy Round 1 track picture confirmed by Whistle Snap - Post #81

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
Just fired up GT6 and found this. Any ideas?

NOTE: This thread is solely for guessing or figuring out what track this is, not the merits of GTAcademy or GT6. Find an appropriate thread if you wish to discuss those subjects.

GT Academy2.jpg
GT Academy.jpg

My previous prediction for the track:

I will be the first (that I know of) to predict that GTAcademy will take place on Interlagos.

You heard it here first folks, bookmark this page:lol:

I do hope this is actually connected to a track and not just a generic pit-lane backdrop. That being said, I'm hopeful that GT Academy actually reveals something new. PD seem to have a record of unveiling or making use of new content with GT Academy, with the GT6 demo last year, and Motegi the year before.

Don't think it's Interlagos. Rather if it is, it's not well modeled and given their previous accuracy I doubt that to be true. The garage door style doesn't match, there are no bars in the pitlane wall in the distance and the grandstand in the back doesn't match up. In the real stand at Interlagos there is just one set of boxes on the right, in the GT shot there are some on the left, then a gap, then more on the right.

It looks to me that the road to the track just outside of garage is uphill. Which track has a slight elevation change while leaving the garage?

Yes like I said, it doesn't really match in the details.
I see a what looks like a sign board on the top of the grandstand in the GTAcademy pic that isn't on the real grandstand. Still not discounting it quite yet...:lol:

I'm not discounting it either, in general it does look pretty similar but the details are all seemingly just a bit off. Perhaps a clearer picture might help, someone with direct screenshot capabilities should post one up.

Well, as I said before... is it an existing GT circuit? Doesn't look like any I can think of, but I'm not familiar with most of them :D

I will copy-paste my post from other thread:

It looks like an area made upon some existing track in game already?

I've been to Interlagos pits sometimes, the view outside may look similar, but all the rest... doesn't seem to be it. Specially the pillars, are very different. (couldn't find a photo in the same exact position)

I will post some pictures of the pits in different types of competitions and you can see... plus, having Interlagos and no GT Academy Brazil right now looks weird.

box11.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

5527103389_607266f30a_z.jpg

grid_largada_3_red.jpg

There's quite a few shots on Flickr if you search for Interlagos Pits, and no, that garages don't appear to be the same.

I also can't get away from the fact that the pits appear to be on a down hill compared to the grandstand, this is not the case at Interlagos.

Last edited:
One identifying feature of the GT6 track is in the top left of the picture without the car. If you look on your TV instead of here (much clearer) you can see fans standing at the top of the grandstand, with clear space behind them. How many tracks have that identifying feature? Interlagos does of course although it's not quite identical.

Is it possible to fool the game by changing the date on the ps3.
If I remember you could do this for the past GT academy events (some of them).

One identifying feature of the GT6 track is in the top left of the picture without the car. If you look on your TV instead of here (much clearer) you can see fans standing at the top of the grandstand, with clear space behind them. How many tracks have that identifying feature? Interlagos does of course although it's not quite identical.

It is weird, a lot of general aspects match but the finer details all seem a little bit off.

the photo looks a lot like interlagos. near the exit of the pit stop, next to Senna "S".

170414-1817-mp4_snapshot_00-02_-2014-04-17_19-15-34-jpg.143192

Better quality image. I see a BMW M logo on the very left on stands, or am I wrong?

Edit. That is definitely BMW M Power logo. Further, behind pillars you can read "power" and the same logo is visible. That might be some clue maybe?

Attachments

• 170414-1817.mp4_snapshot_00.02_[2014.04.17_19.15.34].jpg
    170414-1817.mp4_snapshot_00.02_[2014.04.17_19.15.34].jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Looks like the Nurburgring with red mesh dividers instead of black. The pit garage size, central pillar, yellow line, the surface colours in and out of garage all seem to match, the smaller grandstand looks similar too.

There were also no track list changes in the 1.06 update which contained the GT Academy stuff.

Definitely the Nurburgring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back