World Premiere - GTAcademy Round 1 track picture confirmed by Whistle Snap - Post #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I think you're right. In the new clearer image you can also see the silver light stand..things that run all along the grandstand.

Hope on a new track...

reet-and_its_gone_original.jpg

Just kidding, :) Let's wait and see...

Never paid attention to the GP circuit in the game, but I've never seen the garages divided like they are in the pictures posted.

That being said, it doesn't match the garages/pitlane of the other tracks suggested (Imola/Estoril/Interlagos) in this thread either.

I've just done a lap of the Nurburgring GP track. It is not the track in the academy picture.

Yeah that one
No match. Grandstands completely different and there's no red on the pitlane.

That being said, the GT Academy screenshot doesn't have a blue stripe on the pitlane either, but with how washed out the screen is, it's difficult to conclusively tell.

Well we know for sure that the last update wasn't big enough to include a new track on top of everything else (and the hackers said there was no reference to one), so if we don't receive a further update this isn't likely to be a new track, or at least not for GT Academy.

Which picture are we talking about, this one that says Barcelona in huge lettering?

10256695_10152071760190197_1928541465295625000_o.jpg

No. The one in GT6 behind the event stage pictures.

And I'd agree that the previous update was not big enough for a track so either there will be another update before the 21st or it must be an existing track.

GT Academy is already in the game, so I doubt there's an update coming, but I don't know what track that is. Nothing in the game matches.

Also, it's possible that the last event is on a new circuit. Circuit will be added via a future update....

Personnally, I prefer moderate my expectations.

That's how the reintroduced Twin Ring Motegi in GT5 wasn't it?

Also, I'm not sure what if GT Academy starts at the same time around the world(I imagine it does), but I've noticed that it doesn't unlock until 2:00am ET. That could mean that PD is planing an update for Monday, as GT Academy would start at the time maintenance is supposed to end. They still have tomorrow to announce maintenance, as I doubt they'd announce it over the weekend. I highly doubt this will happen, but you never know. Also if the mystery track is Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace, it could be added with the Ayrton Senna update which is supposed to arrive in May.

That's how the reintroduced Twin Ring Motegi in GT5 wasn't it?

Also, I'm not sure what if GT Academy starts at the same time around the world(I imagine it does), but I've noticed that it doesn't unlock until 2:00am ET. That could mean that PD is planing an update for Monday, as GT Academy would start at the time maintenance is supposed to end. They still have tomorrow to announce maintenance, as I doubt they'd announce it over the weekend. I highly doubt this will happen, but you never know. Also if the mystery track is Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace, it could be added with the Ayrton Senna update which is supposed to arrive in May.

It does start at the same time everywhere I suppose. For me it says 8am and I am on CEST which would be the same time. I'm not sure if they would push an update before that date as it always carry a risk of unexpected bugs. I doubt they would want to jeopardize the start of GT Academy that way.

I'd have to say that it looks like the Nurburgring.

Doesn't mean it'll be the track for the final round though :D

I'd prefer a new track for the final stage, Interlagos or Imola would be great but Imola would cause outrage I suppose, being the track at which Senna perished.

Good luck to all participating and have fun everyone. :gtpflag:

To me, it look's mostly like Dubai. The tall building at the end of the straight could have been moved closer and behind the stand's. It wouldn't be the first time PD has changed real life scenery outside of the track, right ? I can't remember where they did it but I'm sure they did... Anyway back to the building. In the real life photo here:
_or_7967-45.jpg

You can see the more prominent left edge/corner of the building that's a little bit taller than the rest of the building. Now look at the same left edge/corner here:
gt-academy2-jpg.143158

It's true that that left edge/corner doesn't look higher, but it looks more prominent. Maybe it's the different picture angle's. But if they moved the building, maybe the put it at a slightly different angle too.

As for the stand's/seating area, again the different angle could give a different perspective. Or they also made it smaller by some row's to make the building behind show. Otherwise you can't see it. Ok, I need to stop watching Colombo rerun's.

Last edited:
To me, it look's mostly like Dubai. The tall building at the end of the straight could have been moved closer and behind the stand's. It wouldn't be the first time PD has changed real life scenery outside of the track, right ? I can't remember where they did it but I'm sure they did... Anyway back to the building. In the real life photo here:
_or_7967-45.jpg

You can see the more prominent left edge/corner of the building that's a little bit taller than the rest of the building. Now look at the same left edge/corner here:
gt-academy2-jpg.143158

It's true that that left edge/corner doesn't look higher, but it looks more prominent. maybe it's the different picture angle's. But if they moved the building maybe the put it at a slightly different angle too.

As for the stand's/seating area, again the different angle could give a different perspective. Or they also made it smaller by some row's to make the building behind show. Otherwise you can't see it. Ok, I need to stop watching Colombo rerun's.

Don't bring my hopes up for Dubai. :nervous: Although it does look a lot like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back