World Premiere - GTAcademy Round 1 track picture confirmed by Whistle Snap - Post #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
A composit of what and what?
I'd have to get my "camera gear" out, but say Nurburgring GP straight, HSR's garage, the tower from Dubai - that object seems to like up perfectly with the grand stand roof, maybe Interlagos. Could be totally Nurb GT, just wondering because I had noticed a few out of kilter things like the others.

Eugh. I hate the Nurburgring. :yuck:
Err... but it's a challenging, technical track, and like JohnnyP likes to lobby for, it has a nice bumpy surface. Not picking on you, btw, I like those bumps. ;)

Please, please be the grand prix track!
If it's for the Leaf I'd bet on the GP/D track and be very happy if it is:lol:

I'd have to get my "camera gear" out, but say Nurburgring GP straight, HSR's garage, the tower from Dubai - that object seems to like up perfectly with the grand stand roof, maybe Interlagos. Could be totally Nurb GT, just wondering because I had noticed a few out of kilter things like the others.

Err... but it's a challenging, technical track, and like JohnnyP likes to lobby for, it has a nice bumpy surface. Not picking on you, btw, I like those bumps. ;)
I think someone mentioned a light fixture instead of a tower or something behind the grandstands but still it could be anything.

The GP tracks aren't very bumpy as tracks go, almost butter smooth in fact. The full track is good that way, Mount Panorama is excellent. Anything to up the immersion factor:tup:

But it is. Literally everything matches.
No guarantee though that the track in the picture is the one we'll actually be on. It could just be a nice graphic they used to show the car in a pit stall at the track.

Yes it's not a tower behind the the stand, it's a fixture on the pillar. It's just at the exact angle to give the wrong illusion until you realise.

The whole discussion was actually only interesting if it was shown to be a new track. Then it would have some meaning, now it doesn't.

By the way, I take back my earlier statements and have to agree it is the Nurburgring. I was looking at the wrong grandstand when I concluded it couldn't be the Nurburgring.

what if it means nothing... just a picture. you guys get pretty wound up over such tiny details. Remember it is GT6, we will get nothing cool. My guess is that they will have us run on Silverstone at least once, possibly Brands Hatch, or Bathurst. Why, becasue they are the "new" tracks added to GT6, and they make us run them a bunch in the game.

One other thing i feel is missing from that picture are the fuel pumps, that appear in every other box... They would be easily visible because there are orange parts in it. The rest all matches the ring.

My .02 is that the garage shot is just for the background - the rounds will be at different circuits to provide something "fresh" - at first the Interlagos bit seemed to be well wide of any possibility, but with the "Senna" update/additions coming - Interlagos could certainly be a circuit coming to us soon....

I feel that Silverstone, a generated circuit by PD and the Ring (GP circuit) will be the most likely candidates for the rounds of GP Academy - but we will all just have to wait and see won't we :)

My .02 is that the garage shot is just for the background - the rounds will be at different circuits to provide something "fresh" - at first the Interlagos bit seemed to be well wide of any possibility, but with the "Senna" update/additions coming - Interlagos could certainly be a circuit coming to us soon....

I feel that Silverstone, a generated circuit by PD and the Ring (GP circuit) will be the most likely candidates for the rounds of GP Academy - but we will all just have to wait and see won't we :)

What do you mean by the part I have bolded? I hope you are not implying that Silverstone is a fictional track made up by PD. :odd: Silverstone is a real world track.:)

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like I read it wrong because of the missing coma after PD. My apologies.

What do you mean by the part I have bolded? I hope you are not implying that Silverstone is a fictional track made up by PD. :odd: Silverstone is a real world track.:)

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like I read it wrong because of the missing coma after PD. My apologies.

No worries, I was typing that on my iPhone and didn't get the correct punctuation. Pesky little screen! :)

Nurb? Why not a new track? Oh well.

Damn. I was hoping for Dubai. I love that track.

Yes fellas, let's be clear. Nurburgring (no layout specified) is confirmed as the track in the background of the GTAcademy graphic now on your main menu. It IS NOT confirmed yet as being the actual GTAcademy track for the first or any round. For the first round track to be confirmed you'll have to wait a couple more days for the next update. :cheers:

Yes fellas, let's be clear. Nurburgring (no layout specified) is confirmed as the track in the background of the GTAcademy graphic now on your main menu. It IS NOT confirmed yet as being the actual GTAcademy track for the first or any round. For the first round track to be confirmed you'll have to wait a couple more days for the next update. :cheers:
I know, but I was just saying that in the case that Nurb IS the track.

I know, but I was just saying that in the case that Nurb IS the track.
You would think they would tease a new track instead of using an old track as the picture...
Even if it is Nurb it might only be for one round with other tracks for subsequent rounds and a new track thrown in for the final. Anything is possible at this point.

How many tracks were used in the one before last, the one runing on GT5 tech? It was five or six at least, wasn't it? Parts of tracks, anyway.

Deep Forest, Cape Ring, Nurb, Spa, Monza, Madrid, Motegi, probably more I'm forgetting. There were quite a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back