World Sports Car Championship (Group C)Draft 

• Thread starter Achilles
  • 140 comments
United States
United States
ARHL-_-Achilles
Looking for competitors for the Group C series coming up. This series will be using the group C cars provided to us in the game as well as the tracks GT6 has that this historic series raced on in real life.

Things to consider before you express interest:
Races will be run without TCS/ABS
Races will be run with Racing Soft Tires
Races will be an average of about 1 hour long. (24hrs of Le mans will be 2hrs) We are running 20% of the real life race length at each of the tracks of the 1988 Group C season. (Except Le mans)
Looking for serious racers that will stay and finish the race as well as show up for the races consistently.
Once the season starts, you cannot change your car/team
Only the highest placing car in the team receives points.

How to sign up:
Post in this thread your Gamer Tag and what car you would like to run. I will send you a friend request. Looking for the following. Ability to race Clean, good Pace and consistency. The two racers using the same car will be a team. Car availability: First Come, First serve (2 of each car)

Club ID is 1048079.

World Sports Car Championship used a 3 tier Points format for Group C. This was based on race distance. The groups were 1000km races, 24hr races, 480km races. We run 20% race length so our format is 200km races, 2hr races, 96km races. Here is the structure.
2hr races: 60-45-36-30-24-18-12-9-6-3
200km races: 40-30-24-20-16-12-8-6-4-2
96km races: 20-15-12-10-8-6-4-3-2-1

'91 Mazda 787B - 678PP - 830kg - 790HP
'88 Jaguar XJR-9 - 673PP - 894kg - 813HP
'89 Nissan R89C - 676 - 900kg - 798HP
'92 Peugot 905B Evo 1 Bis LM - 676PP - 750kg - 695HP
'92 Nissan R92CP - 674PP - 900kg - 770HP
'89 Mercedes Sauber C9 - 679PP - 893kg - 778HP
'89 Toyota Minolta 88C-V - 677PP - 870kg - 761HP
Each Group C car has a very specific PP/Weight/Power that it must be run at during this series. They have all been tested and the BOP is as close as it can get. These cars have been tested and raced at multiple tracks and best times for them are within 0.5 seconds. The specific numbers will be made known to the drivers in the series..

Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s (200km Race/34 Laps)
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit (200km/34 Laps)
Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 (No Chicanes) (**2Hrs**)
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s (200km/51 Laps)
Nurburgring Grand Prix (200km/39 Laps)
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (200km/ 28 Laps)
Fuji Speedway GT (200km/ 43 Laps)
Suzuka Circuit (96km/ 17 Laps)
This track list is true to the 1988 Group C schedule in order and location except for Suzuka. Suzuka was the first race in the 1989 Season.

Proposed Race dates. Times TBD..

WSCC Race 1 Sunday 09/13/2015
WSCC Race 2 Sunday 09/20/2015
WSCC Race 3 Sunday 09/27/2015
WSCC Race 4 Sunday 10/04/2015
WSCC Race 5 Sunday 10/11/2015
WSCC Race 6 Sunday 10/18/2015
WSCC Race 7 Sunday 10/25/2015
WSCC Race 8 Sunday 11/01/2015

Registered cars and drivers
Jethro4321 - Mercedes Sauber C9
JRDGM1993- Mercedes Sauber C9
obrien79 - Nissan R92CP
ScorpionPHVH57 - Nissan R89C
Manasseh257 - Peugot 905B Evo1 Bis LM
TNR_FILO - Peugot 905B Evo1 Bis LM
Ryne420 - Mazda 787B
IWannaB_SPruett - Mazda 787B
DaBomb330 - Cars: Toyota Minolta
TNR_5zigen - Nissan r89c
L_Maxx_Pain_L - Toyota Minolta
TNR_REBELLION - Jaguar XJR9
ARHL-_-Achilles - Jaguar XR-9
The_EH_Team_43 - Mazda 787B
Robertlm89 - Nissan R92CP

Last edited:
9am EST? That's 2pm in the U.K? That's when the F1 is on so would probably watch that.

Anyway set it up and I'll see how the cards fall with the F1.

OP Updated with car PP, Weight and Power.. No Oil Changes, if you do an oil change it will skew the PP. You don't have to worry about the oil going bad in these cars either since the power is reduced on most of them. Example raced in a Series and put 2,500 miles on a race car with reduced power and it didn't lose a single HP the entire series..

Any thoughts on weather?

We will be using the Time Variable aspect of the tracks that have it and it will be set at le mans to do a full 24 hr cycle in the 2 hours... As far as weather I haven't really decided, it may be voted on. If we do decided to do weather it will be the forecast for the track on the day of the race.. Main thing with weather is we don't have the ability to switch to the lower power setting that the real cars had.. But am I entirely open to running in weather..

If you ever got the chance to see inside on the dash, they had switches for Wet and Dry.. Turbo cars reduced boost, NA cars made the adjustment through timing.. But yeah, we would have to use our right foots..

Looked like a really interesting championship to enter but sadly thats 11pm my time and I've got school so I won't be able to compete unless there is a time change if so please inform me!

What time works for everyone ? I'm trying to get racers for this series and looks like I'm getting 0 interest which is surprising. This will be a really good series and with the tracks and cars we have available it will turn out to be one of the more accurate to life series going in GT6 next to the GT3 series'.. What is it about the series that you people don't like? Why is there such little interest in the series? Tell me so I can possibly make the change to get drivers.. Help me out here guys.. Things that wont change is the No Assists though.. These cars are supposed to be beasts and they will stay that way ;)

What time works for everyone ? I'm trying to get racers for this series and looks like I'm getting 0 interest which is surprising. This will be a really good series and with the tracks and cars we have available it will turn out to be one of the more accurate to life series going in GT6 next to the GT3 series'.. What is it about the series that you people don't like? Why is there such little interest in the series? Tell me so I can possibly make the change to get drivers.. Help me out here guys.. Things that wont change is the No Assists though.. These cars are supposed to be beasts and they will stay that way ;)
Problem isn't the series mate, problem is hardly anyone play the game or race in series anymore

Sad to say the least.. I do the Quick Race GT3 races often and there are usually around 20,000 races active for that.. Guess people want the quick Cr for a 3 lap race instead of meeting new people and racing in a historical series.. Not sure where to go from here now... If anyone is interested in this series, please post. I will have a vote on what time it should be run. Honestly I was expecting a flood of interest.. Very disappointed..

Sometimes you have to give it a few days or so. My series tournaments are the same way. One took a week to spark interest and one Took 2 weeks to spark interest. This Championship is very well structured and well explained, so people WILL come. You just have to give them time to come. As for me, I'm interested, but I do not know if I'll be able to wake up at 9:00 a.m to race lol. In addition, I have another series I race on Sundays at 12. I am interested though. Keeping my eyes on this thread in case anything changes.

I'm quite interested in this and I can do most Sunday mornings. I have a few that wouldn't be good because of GTPES duties and a big vacation in October, but I like that it's early because that's about the only time I'm available on a normal weekend.

As for the try out, I'm sans my wheel this week because of a stupid mistake so I wouldn't want to give the wrong impression having to use a DS3.

To add to the above post, a lot of what people want to see is when the actual dates are. No one wants to commit to something they will barely be able to attend. I don't know if you have an ideal start weekend but you should set out a theoretical schedule in the very least and post it so people can see if it'll work for them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys.. I'll see what I can do for a schedule. I am also very flexible as far as time to race.. I thought sunday morning would be good so that is what I said.. Just scared of starting a season with races this long with only 3 or 4 guys... Thanks again. I'll be sending you guys some FR's.. Also Club ID is 1048079.. Club is now Public. So please join..

You don't have to stick to the schedule you set out, add a disclaimer that it is a draft schedule but the dates on it are ideal. I too know the difficulties of getting something like this off the ground. What really helps is getting some star power names from the community here to at least talk about it or even better, join it.

Had fun running some laps with you guys last night.. I should be on tonight and we will run some sprint races (5-10 laps).. Last night we ran some test laps at la Sarthe. I ran all the cars. Fastest time I got was 3:23.5 and the slowest was 3:23.7. I would say car specs are dead on considering the length of the track.. I had tested them on shorter tracks but was very surprised to see how dead even they are.. If you want to race in a series where the driver wins and not the car. This is the series for you.. Also I am more than open to give you my full set up for whatever car you are running to help you get up to speed if you race with us and are a little off pace.. Now running 3:21's at la Sarthe in the cars lol. They keep getting batter the more I drive them..

Last edited:
I want to race with
a sauber C9 the races are on sundays?? Would it be better on Saturday? My PSN is JRDGM1993

Saturday is a possibility but only late at night. I have 3 kids and I like to spend time with them on that day.. I will send you a friend request JRD..

Jethro4321 - Mercedes Sauber C9
JRDGM1993- Mercedes Sauber C9
obrien79 - Nissan R92CP
ScorpionPHVH57 - Nissan R89C
Manasseh257 - Peugot 905B Evo1 Bis LM
ARHL-_-Achilles - Waiting for everyone to pick
TNR_FILO - Peugot 905B Evo1 Bis LM
Ryne420 - Mazda 787B

Tonight I will be on for a while especially between 9-11PM Eastern. Join club room and lets meet everyone and run some short races at a bunch of tracks.. have some fun in these things before it all gets serious :)

Last edited:
I liked the specs of the championship the cars are fast
Thanks! Right after you left last night I adjusted my rear toe angle and was able to get a 1:57.7 on my 2nd lap out of the pits.. Had slight room for improvement on that lap but I had to go to bed.. For those wondering we were running at Spa last night.. .. Glad you are racing and testing with us. Now I have to push myself to practice to get that extra .3 off my lap time. :).. Need more fast guys to join. So if you know any tell them about the series.. Thanks again..

Last edited:
Thanks! Right after you left last night I adjusted my rear toe angle and was able to get a 1:57.7 on my 2nd lap out of the pits.. Had slight room for improvement on that lap but I had to go to bed.. For those wondering we were running at Spa last night.. .. Glad you are racing and testing with us. Now I have to push myself to practice to get that extra .3 off my lap time. :).. Need more fast guys to join. So if you know any tell them about the series.. Thanks again..
I really want to race a GRoup C champioship and yesterday i got 1:56:4 and my car is struggling to brake, i think i can do 1:55:x I will try to search for drivers to race in this championship

I really want to race a GRoup C champioship and yesterday i got 1:56:4 and my car is struggling to brake, i think i can do 1:55:x I will try to search for drivers to race in this championship
The car I was using was struggling on the brakes as well.. My best was 1:57.1. So if you keep running 1:56's is fine with me lol

Achilles, i was just remember, my old league used to go to free lobby to contact people if you want we could start doing that, i will send a message to some Brazilian friends to see if someone wants to race, you can count on me to make that championship start :)

Achilles, i was just remember, my old league used to go to free lobby to contact people if you want we could start doing that, i will send a message to some Brazilian friends to see if someone wants to race, you can count on me to make that championship start :)

That would be awesome.. I have done that as well in the past. made the club lobby "Public" Hopefully we can find some good drivers.. Update on times.. I was using Spa to get the car tuned in since it has a fair amount both sweeping and sharp turns.. Finally got into the 1:56's with the Jag XJR-9.. However I believe the Jag is more suited for the bigger faster tracks.. The Jaguar is just as quick around the track but much less forgiving.. Race pace wont win these races. Staying clean and good strategy will.. But all the cars are very close and each car makes time in a different way.. Going to be very interesting to see how it all plays out..

**OP Updated with registered cars and Proposed Race Schedule**

What time on Sunday works for everyone? Also Saturday Night works for me as well. But it will have to be at 9PM or later.. Also when I set a time that is the time Qualifying will begin. The lobby will be up a minimum of 30 minutes early. more than enough time to have driver meeting, tech inspection etc. I like to start on time.. So if race start time is 9PM, I would appreciate if everyone could be in the room no later than 8:45..

Back