World Sports Car Championship (Group C)Draft 

• Thread starter Achilles
  • 140 comments
Wow! No one posted anything about last night's race... What a mess. Not your fault Achilles. Things happen.

Too many system issues with people lagging out. If anyone came in after me I had to go back out and resented the room to see them

For those who could not match the oace, i saw one time a championship that no one could dribr faster than a set race pace, for example imagine no one faster than 1:26 on monza

For those who could not match the oace, i saw one time a championship that no one could dribr faster than a set race pace, for example imagine no one faster than 1:26 on monza

TBH, if we can't match the leaders pace, we gotta deal with it. lol I've seen fast drivers like you dominate, with a driver 2 seconds behind, 4-6 drivers with 30+ second gaps and the remaining being lapped. Sometimes it just happens. Cause I don't think I can keep up with y'alls pace. but that's alright. I still want to race :)

I might get the car specs from Achilles for the last couple of series that we ran. I really liked the sports car series that he did as well as the gt3 cars we started running

Honestly I was very disappointed with how late we got started. I made a post asking everyone to be in the room at 8:45 at the latest and that the lobby would be open by 8:15 at the latest. In the rules I also make it very clear that cars specs are strict and NO oil changes. I had people fail tech due to oil changes and also people in late. Then the connection issues. All combined it pushed everything back to 9:40 before we qualified.. Connection issues continued as a car ahead (No idea who) was jumping and lagging badly back and forth. That car ended up wrecking and then lagging into me on the completion of lap 1. I appreciate everyones participation, but I take it personal when I put so much time into a series and then have issues with starting the race on time due to people being late or not meeting specs.. Here is where I am at. We try it one more time. We will start at 9PM EST SHARP regaurdless of connection issues or who made it.. Have your car specs on point.. If this next one doesn't start with out the same issues I will not run this series anymore. I have been doing a lot of racing on iRacing lately and have started competing in the iRacing Sprint Cup Fixed oval series and the last race of the week is sundays @9PM. I am sacrificing that race (There are only 3 races in that series per week) so that we can all have a fresh awesome series to race in with these Group C cars.. As far as pace. There are two or 3 guys running in the 24's but all three of them are in different cars and every car can achieve these great times. This I feel speaks for how balanced the cars are. The drivers are not balanced however and my opinion on that is this.. If you are slow or off pace, you NEED to race with these guys. Pushing yourself to race with the best will always improve your ability. Clubbing baby seals only causes regression ;).. I apologise for leaving the race like I did but I was utterly disgusted with how it all went.. Please come back for one more try to start an awesome series.. Thank you

BTW Race will be Monza again.. I want to run the full season..

I might get the car specs from Achilles for the last couple of series that we ran. I really liked the sports car series that he did as well as the gt3 cars we started running

Anytime, was a great series and very balanced. Just couldn't drum up interest.. Anything I have run in the past as far as series you are more than welcomed to..

Thanks Achilles Ill try some time after this series is finished and see if I can get a good group to do that series again

Honestly I was very disappointed with how late we got started. I made a post asking everyone to be in the room at 8:45 at the latest and that the lobby would be open by 8:15 at the latest. In the rules I also make it very clear that cars specs are strict and NO oil changes. I had people fail tech due to oil changes and also people in late. Then the connection issues. All combined it pushed everything back to 9:40 before we qualified.. Connection issues continued as a car ahead (No idea who) was jumping and lagging badly back and forth. That car ended up wrecking and then lagging into me on the completion of lap 1. I appreciate everyones participation, but I take it personal when I put so much time into a series and then have issues with starting the race on time due to people being late or not meeting specs.. Here is where I am at. We try it one more time. We will start at 9PM EST SHARP regaurdless of connection issues or who made it.. Have your car specs on point.. If this next one doesn't start with out the same issues I will not run this series anymore. I have been doing a lot of racing on iRacing lately and have started competing in the iRacing Sprint Cup Fixed oval series and the last race of the week is sundays @9PM. I am sacrificing that race (There are only 3 races in that series per week) so that we can all have a fresh awesome series to race in with these Group C cars.. As far as pace. There are two or 3 guys running in the 24's but all three of them are in different cars and every car can achieve these great times. This I feel speaks for how balanced the cars are. The drivers are not balanced however and my opinion on that is this.. If you are slow or off pace, you NEED to race with these guys. Pushing yourself to race with the best will always improve your ability. Clubbing baby seals only causes regression ;).. I apologise for leaving the race like I did but I was utterly disgusted with how it all went.. Please come back for one more try to start an awesome series.. Thank you

BTW Race will be Monza again.. I want to run the full season..

The next race is on Sunday @ 9PM correct? I got the dates mixed up. But I will be there this weekend.

Good job Achilles. Agree with everything you said. Let's give this series a chance.
For everyone racing, there aren't a lot of rules to follow. DON"T CHANGE OIL!!! Let's get started on time.

Anytime, was a great series and very balanced. Just couldn't drum up interest.. Anything I have run in the past as far as series you are more than welcomed to..
I really enjoyed the CTSCC (Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge). Cars were very well matched (another good job Achilles). Like any series, it started with large fields, but as it went on, guys dropped out cause they weren't winning...
Really would like to see the series reborn!!!

I'll be there for what it's worth... Not very fast these days.
room opens at 8-8:30 est, Tech inspections at 8:45 SHARP and QUALIFYING starts at 9 est RIGHT?!?!:gtpflag:

Great race by all of you! I am hitting myself right now though. Made too many bonehead mistakes and cut one too many times unnecessarily. Please forgive me @Achilles Imma get it together next race. Overall, great race. and Great win by @JRDGM1993

At Silverstone I was able to hit a 1:43.103 so far. I'm aiming for a 1:42 however. Great hosting Achilles! Hope we get more attendance as the series progresses.

wow are you guys really running 1:43's :scared::nervous::confused::bowdown:

I think I am definitely out of my league here the best I can do after 2 days of practice and tuning is only a 1:50:xx
Think I might just step aside and let you fast guys race.

wow are you guys really running 1:43's :scared::nervous::confused::bowdown:

I think I am definitely out of my league here the best I can do after 2 days of practice and tuning is only a 1:50:xx
Think I might just step aside and let you fast guys race.

You can get faster too man. Ask @Achilles, I was sorta slow when I first met and raced with him, I started driving and hotlapping on RH and SS and gradually got faster. Keep racing man! You'll get faster and faster each race :D

Haha was able to hit the 1;40;0 mark to quali and 1:41:2 to race pace :

Jeez. I got my work cut out for me now. haha When are you getting online? Imma try and see if I can match that.

Back