WORLD WAGON CHAMPIONSHIP Fridays 17:30 EDT/22:30 BST: CONGRATS TO CHAMPION JOE__KERR/REEFER

Hi Jeje,
I´m looking for a tuning to the Lexus IS300 Sportcross ´01 and Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type V ´98
Would be nice if you could look at those if you have the time.
I suck at tuning cars :rolleyes:

Regards
PureGT_GOOFY

Hi Team_SWE_1

These are the cars that you expected . I hope they will suit you . Let me know if I can do something. Thanks you again for your trust. Good luck and enjoy to drive :cheers:

Lexus IS 300 Sport Cross '01
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type V '98

Hi Jeje6410

Very kind of you to provide your tunes and even do a couple for goofy. However, it might be helpful for goofy if you specify what kind of track(s) your tunes are designed for, ie., for bumpy tracks, flat tracks etc. Or are they general purpose tunes, or for a specific track? This info, along with where the car was tuned, is always useful to have:tup:

Hi Jeje6410

Very kind of you to provide your tunes and even do a couple for goofy. However, it might be helpful for goofy if you specify what kind of track(s) your tunes are designed for, ie., for bumpy tracks, flat tracks etc. Or are they general purpose tunes, or for a specific track? This info, along with where the car was tuned, is always useful to have:tup:

Hi @reefer

I try my cars in 3 or 4 tracks that have a lot of maize bumps, turns into pins as Deep Forest, Trial Mountain or Nurburgring Nordschleife . The tracks dishes are not property because you can not see how your car reacts to bumps. From there , your car can go on all circuits . You just have to adjust the final gear on the track.
After that you can not please everyone . This is according to driving but I try to do the best.
Thanks reefer
Good luck :cheers:

Jeje, as you were kind enough to offer your setups, I thought I'd give one a go and reciprocate with some feedback. Hope that's okay.. think you said feedback was fine?

I tried your Lexus IS 300 Sport Cross '01 tune at Brands Hatch with your suspension and dif settings and my own gearbox, no oil change and standard wheels.

It felt very predictable, well balanced and good under braking if you hit your mark. A nice easy-to-handle solid tune and perfect for running consistent laps. But when going after it I would have liked a little more grip and rotation on and off the power. Some understeer was present which hurt through the faster corners which meant I couldn't push it as much as I would have liked. No late braking or turning in when still on the brakes. I had to brake early to get my line right but could trust the grip when powering out (unlike my Lexus tune which can be a bit twitchy on exit). I think a more aggressive tune is just personal taste really. I prefer my cars set up for TT style racing as it suits my style better.

So, to the lap time: she came home in 1:33.1 (after 10 laps or so of trying with tyre wear off).

I then messed around with my Lexus tune specifically for Brands Hatch and managed a 1:31.3. So there is more grip out there with a track specific tune.

A safe and solid tune Jeje:cheers:

Jeje, as you were kind enough to offer your setups, I thought I'd give one a go and reciprocate with some feedback. Hope that's okay.. think you said feedback was fine?

I tried your Lexus IS 300 Sport Cross '01 tune at Brands Hatch with your suspension and dif settings and my own gearbox, no oil change and standard wheels.

It felt very predictable, well balanced and good under braking if you hit your mark. A nice easy-to-handle solid tune and perfect for running consistent laps. But when going after it I would have liked a little more grip and rotation on and off the power. Some understeer was present which hurt through the faster corners which meant I couldn't push it as much as I would have liked. No late braking or turning in when still on the brakes. I had to brake early to get my line right but could trust the grip when powering out (unlike my Lexus tune which can be a bit twitchy on exit). I think a more aggressive tune is just personal taste really. I prefer my cars set up for TT style racing as it suits my style better.

So, to the lap time: she came home in 1:33.1 (after 10 laps or so of trying with tyre wear off).

I then messed around with my Lexus tune specifically for Brands Hatch and managed a 1:31.3. So there is more grip out there with a track specific tune.

A safe and solid tune Jeje:cheers:

Hi reefer

Thank you very much for trying to have the Lexus and explain its attitude on Brands Hatch .👍
:cheers:

As I have told you just now it's hard to make cars that satisfy everyone. I make cars especially for my pleasure. And after so drivers like this style better. In any case I do not blame you for having me explain this. I myself am not a very good driver . You see you turn in 1'33'1 and I 'm only 1'34 ". You are better :bowdown:
I do not know if I understood ( because I use a translator. My English is poor) but I still thank you once again :cheers:

Best regards @reefer

Much appreciated that you delivered the tunings so fast :dopey: 👍
I will try them out later in the week.

Thank you again
PureGT_GOOFY

Much appreciated that you delivered the tunings so fast :dopey: 👍
I will try them out later in the week.

Thank you again
PureGT_GOOFY

Hi Team_SWE_1
Please. It was a pleasure to do so. I hope it will go. Especially you do not hesitate to tell me if something is wrong.

All this tuning! I usually just pick a car on the day then jump in it and drive. Which is probably why I'm at the back. :)

I will also give your setups a try out Jeje. 👍
They can't make me slower. :P

Note Joe that Jeje uses a controller, so maybe that is why wheel users may feel different grip levels.

All this tuning! I usually just pick a car on the day then jump in it and drive. Which is probably why I'm at the back. :)

Note Joe that Jeje uses a controller, so maybe that is why wheel users may feel different grip levels.

Hi IfAndOr
Thanks if you will try its. Yes I use a DS3 and it's right that it's sometimes maybe different than a wheel. But sometimes no.
Thanks again IfAndOr :cheers:

Thing is Paul, everyone here knows that you're a top 2 runner and, when you want, you can really turn on the style. One can only guess what lap times you'd do if you had more practice time and worked on your tunes a bit.

Just checked and yes it's possible (to run at night unfortunately).
:D It's not going to slow you down.

As Blue says it's quite nicely lit. The infield is a little darker in places however. Me and Jocke will drive around at the back looking at the stars.

Note to all - practice your starts. The banking can cause start line chaos at Daytona. 2nd gear is a good plan.

:D It's not going to slow you down.

As Blue says it's quite nicely lit. The infield is a little darker in places however. Me and Jocke will drive around at the back looking at the stars.

Note to all - practice your starts. The banking can cause start line chaos at Daytona. 2nd gear is a good plan.

Good preparation Paul, but Daytona is still 3 weeks away. Also I approve of your use of one of Canada's national treasures as your avatar

It was good last night, I had enough credits to set the car up this time around,
unlike Willow Springs where I ran out of credits after buying the car.
I couldn't even afford the sport softs (I believe I was on hards the entire race)
or get all engine parts needed. The result ended up as being 7 laps down on Joe
after 50 minutes. :lol:

Brands yesterday was different. I could taste that final podium spot in the first
race and it was cool trailing blue & Goofy for most of the time.

Results

Race 16 - Brands Hatch

1. joe__kerr - Legacy '96
2. jam_my21 - RS6 '02
3. bloodyboyblue - Lexus
4. JockeP22 - Legacy 3.0
5. PureGT_GOOFY - Lexus
6. iamtooma - Lexus
7. buybon355 - Caldina

Pole: joe__kerr
Fast Lap: joe__kerr

Race 17 - Brands Hatch
2. jam_my21 - Legnum
3. bloodyboyblue - Caldina
4. buybon355 - Caldina
5. PureGT_Goofy - Lexus
6. JockeP22 - Legacy 3.0
7. iamtooma - Lexus

Last edited:
6. iamtooma - Lexus
7. JockeP22 - Legacy 3.0
switch-arrows (1).png

Results

Race 16 - Brands Hatch

2. jam_my21 - RS6 '02
3. bloodyboyblue - Lexus
4. JockeP22 - Legacy 3.0
5. PureGT_GOOFY - Lexus
6. iamtooma - Lexus
7. buybon355 - Caldina

Pole: joe__kerr

Race 17 - Brands Hatch
2. jam_my21 - Legnum
3. bloodyboyblue - Caldina
4. buybon355 - Caldina
5. PureGT_Goofy - Lexus
6. iamtooma - Lexus
7. JockeP22 - Legacy 3.0

I thought I was last in the second race Blue.

Back