WORLD WAGON CHAMPIONSHIP Fridays 17:30 EDT/22:30 BST: CONGRATS TO CHAMPION JOE__KERR/REEFER

I have concrete plans for the 3rd of June now so I made that an off week, with no wagons that night. That works well, with the two finales at motegi pushed back a week so they now stand alone for dramatic effect.

Can't believe how much fun I had racing last night at Laguna with all you Wagon racers!:lol:

The legacy 96 was really nice given I only jumped in it 15 mins before the start and kinda tuned it!?! It definitely helped that the faster guys were in slower cars except jammy who would have even beaten us in a shopping trolley! :bowdown:

Excellent battles with Goofy both races and blue 2nd race. :tup:Impressed with Blues speed in the RS6'08. Nearly had you but my front tyres were on 6s and under steer took me off track!!

Shame I missed the last couple of weeks but I should be around to the end of the championship now.

See u all next week
:cheers:

It was great racing altough I was in the Mitsubishi Legnum and it was little slower than the subarus. As Suts says we had great battles in both races, especially the second race we were shifiting positions many times until Suts eventually got a lead but then I had to fight with Scott for a couple of laps so I was under a big pressure from him. When he had passed me it didn´t take long until I had Jocke right behind me and we shifted positions a couple of times until he mad a mistake and I got a little distance to him BUT my front tyres were very worn (I think they were down to 4-5) so he could close the gap again and I could just beat him to the finish line. This was one of the most exiting races with so many great battles during the whole race :cheers:

Results

Race 18 - Laguna Seca

1. jam_my21 - Legacy 3.0
2. sutsagrd - Legacy '96
3. PureGT_Goofy - Legnum
4. iamtooma - Legacy '96
5. bloodyboyblue - Legnum
6. IfAndOr - RS6 '02
7. JockeP22 - Legacy '96 (DNF)

Pole: jam_my21
Fast Lap: jam_my21

Race 19 - Laguna Seca
1. jam_my21 - Legacy Spec B
2. bloodyboyblue - RS6 '08
3. sutsagrd - Legacy '96
4. PureGT_Goofy - Legnum
5. JockeP22 - Legacy '96
6. iamtooma - Legacy '96
7. IfAndOr - RS6 '02 (DNF)

Joe is pretty much guaranteed the championship assuming he doesn't abandon the series now, since no matter how close I am to him (or if I get slightly ahead of him) I still have 4 races worth of drop scores coming off, as does Tom. Hakan will have 2 drop scores as of now. Everyone else will keep the totals they finish with.

Also I mentioned last night that we have 9 regular drivers (plus lex who I'm not sure is coming back), yet not once have we had all of us on track for a race together.

Also the second and final Lightning Lap will start this week

Last edited:
Also I COMPLETELY FORGOT I MADE A NEW LIGHTNING LAP EVENT and it started on Monday.

So because I forgot to tell or invite anyone, I extended it by a week, so now you have until June 6th to set a time.

This time, we'll be using @trobes29's replica of my "home track" Mosport/Canadian Tire Motorsports Park. I grew up 5 minutes from the track and every summer weekend was filled with the sounds of motors revving on the breeze. I remember sneaking in to the track in the early 2000s and watching Audi R8s and BMW V12 LMRs rip around the track during American Le Mans practice.

Of course it's a road course so I've never actually watched a race there, attending road racing live doesn't make any sense to me since what's the point if you can't see the whole track? You get to see a bunch of cars go by and then disappear for 2 minutes and then they reappear and go by again, wow, exciting....

The start/finish line is in the wrong place due to the limitations on front stretch length, and there's not quite as much elevation change as there is in reality, but other than that it's probably the best replica you could make with the tools PD gave us.

The car we'll be using for this Lightning Lap will be the Lexus IS300 Sport Cross '01, the only rear wheel drive wagon on the roster for this season.

Just like last time, you have one 10 minute session to set the best lap you can, and only the best lap time set during that one session counts. Invite others, also like last time. We'll see if GK's Japanese friends can dominate again.

Here's some video for reference:

I set the first mark at 1:24.027, left a lot out there though.

Last edited:
:D

He's found a stash of kryptonite since then. Plus he's added the cape of confidence and his shield of invincibility. :P

I'm telling ye, you've got the wrong guy

Ugh I miss that series, every race was SO GOOD. Of course the one where I spun while leading and couldn't see Tom is immortalized.

I had forgotten how good some of the races were. And looking at the Spa replay, I think we had a real close race! If the Wagon race tomorrow is half as good, I'll be satisfied.

Aye that was awesome. Was watching it thinking I'm sure I got third here but was running mid pack. Then all the action happened which let me up to second. Then I remembered THAT move by Joe to snatch p2 on the line. Fantastic racing on a truly epic track. Looking forward to tonight around here. Just need to pick a car

I forgot the mask of modesty. ;)

I'm hoping to be there this evening. Mind you I hope to be there every Friday!
No idea on the car, I might even give the Lexus a go.

Just my honest opinion Paul as I know what you and the others are capable of.

The Lexus - that'll make 2 of us then:cheers:

Edit: actually, has anyone checked out Paul's tyre wear during and at the end of a race? Didn't we run the same car in one race Paul? I think my tyre wear was almost half of yours in that race. Now that's skilful driving!

Last edited:
I think my tyre wear was almost half of yours in that race. Now that's skilful driving!
It's a sign I need to go faster. :P

When Blue introduces points for the least tyre and fuel usage, I'm sorted.
Anyone running an Eco championship? :mischievous:

The Lexus - that'll make 2 of us then
Oh good, there'll be one at the front and one at the back then. ;)
I'll go and get one painted up now. Got to look the part at least.

Results

Race 20 - Spa

1. jam_my21 - Airtrek
2. bloodyboyblue - Stagea
3. joe__kerr - Lexus
4. buybon355 - Stagea
5. PureGT_Goofy - RS6 '08
6. sutsagrd - RS6 '08
7. GTP_Venari - RS6 '08
8. JockeP22 - Impreza '00
9. iamtooma - Caldina
10. IfAndOr - Lexus

Pole: jam_my21

Race 21 - Spa (Occasional Rain)
1. jam_my21 - Caldina
2. bloodyboyblue - RS6 '08
3. JockeP22 - Impreza '00
4. joe__kerr - Lexus
5. sutsagrd - RS6 '08
6. PureGT_Goofy - RS6 '08
7. IfAndOr - Lexus
8. buybon355 - Stagea
9. iamtooma - Caldina
10. GTP_Venari - RS6 '08 (DNF)

FINALLY we got everyone on track at once, with the nicely surprising bonus of @Venari on track. Bad luck on DCing/leaving Race 2, you are welcome to join us anytime of course.

Congrats jammy for the 2 great wins at Spa! And a big shout out to blue for some impressive speed in both races. In race two, I had the best seat in the house to watch Suts, Jocke and goofy battle it out - great stuff boys. And a good battle was had with Tom and Paul. Lost all my instruments so apologies if I hit anyone. And shame about Venari as we all know how fast he can be. Just never had time to set the car up I guess. If there was a 'racer of the day' award the natural choice would be jammy, however, blue, Suts and Jocke would be a close second. Well done all:cheers:

The 08 RS6 was much better than I expected. I kept in touch with the front runners for a bit in race 1 but then ended up in no mans land by the finish.
2nd race was completely different. I really expected to make a mistake and for Jocke and Colin and goofy to pass me. I could tell I was holding them up as I had to defend like mad.:scared: My saving grace was they were all battling with each other as well so that kept allowing me to get a gap :sly:and then they closed up again.
With 9 mins left the fronts were 7-8 and Understeer was coming back.
I'm sorry but I did take a couple of short cuts unintentionally but noticed many others doing the same.
Finally 2mins from the end both Jocke and Joe passed me as I under steered off track at pouhon.

Sorry if I made others go off as I had to brake really early in the rs6.
Jocke definitely deserved the podium but can't believe how fast Joe was in the is200 with rain!! :bowdown:
Well done to jammy and Blue who both had amazing speed. And it looked like there were battles all through the field. :lol::cool:

Great racing with everyone as always.

:cheers:

The Lexus was surprisingly good stock(ish). I'd had 10 mins practice with Joe earlier and all I added was the race suspension and adjusted the brakes. In the second race I fitted the race gearbox since I was loosing out on acceleration, it helped a little.
There were a few good battles at the rear and even Joe graced us with an appearance back there. :)

Back