Worst car in GT2

• Thread starter Mcloud1
  • 133 comments
bdk
I think you should try sim's again but it will be a bit of frustration factor to ya. I like using them tho :)

If the AI used them I would too. Since many GT2 races seem to feature AI cars on normal tires, I go head to head against them on these instead. It's pretty hard to squeeze by another car by inches when you can barely control yourself, know what I mean?

Last edited:
its a fast car, but it corners badly.

it's one of the fastest cornering cars. the speed i reach when entering the tunel in red rock valley is 270+ kmh, there's not much other cars (if any) that can do that in gt2. it's a pain in the ass in slow corners though, but my trick is to drive through any slower corner in the 4th gear (sometimes in the 3rd if u have 150+ kmh).

anyway, can't say which car is the worst but the ugliest is definitely this wagon u get in the last wagon race *yuck*

I can only complain about the midget. GT2 is a racing game, not a delivery pizzas game, and as they must really like it...a manufacters chalenge with it!!! the cherry on top of the cake!!! -.-

The Mazdaspeed Demio is very fast with the turbo tuning and as all of the FF's it has great handling, and it also has a good appearence.

PMP
I can only complain about the midget. GT2 is a racing game, not a delivery pizzas game, and as they must really like it...a manufacters chalenge with it!!! the cherry on top of the cake!!! -.-.

Yeah but it's kind of cool to be forced one of the slowest cars in the game. :) If you leave the power stock, the Midget race can actually be rather difficult to win.

There's not really any car I HATE in GT2. I must say that the FF Clio is useless, but it has alot of colors. I believe that theres something to like about every car in this game. It's hard for me to sell one now.

There's not really any car I HATE in GT2. I must say that the FF Clio is useless, but it has alot of colors. I believe that theres something to like about every car in this game. It's hard for me to sell one now.

Ain't that the truth. If you can...buy a handful of memory cards for PS1. That's what I used to do. And one out of three cards would wind up corrupt or unusable, but if you go to a used game store they cost like a dollar or three nowadays.

Last edited:
I agree, the FF Clio is very useless. It isn't powerful and it hasn't a good top speed.
But I think the worst car in GT 2 is the Honda Integra Type R. It isn't a powerful car, she is less powerful than a Silvia S13 201 hp. It understeers a lot, it isn't a good car to drive.

I agree, the FF Clio is very useless. It isn't powerful and it hasn't a good top speed.
But I think the worst car in GT 2 is the Honda Integra Type R. It isn't a powerful car, she is less powerful than a Silvia S13 201 hp. It understeers a lot, it isn't a good car to drive.

See now there I would have to disagree my friend.

Firstly, you can't drive a Type R Integra in GT2 unless you shark it. The "Type Rs" in GT2 are actually GSRs with Type-R engines. We can only drive a true Type R in some of the license tests and (maybe) arcade but I'm not sure because I never finished arcade.

Secondly, I've smoked moocho Ai with an Integra! And that's with just a sports suspension in many A-licenses races..a semi-racing in some higher-paced events. It has a limit at which understeer begins to show up like any FF, but before that limit there is lots of grip and a tight turning circle that helps it get round corners with ease provided you know what you're doing. And kick in the throttle and those front wheels just GRAB!

...just my opinion of course. :sly: My favorite Integra memory in GT2 was when I went up against those RUF Porsches and the Venturi 400 in the Grand Valley 300KM. I swear I won that race purely thru clever cornering and pit-strategy and not horses. You get the point....

Last edited:
Maybe, but I prefer driving a S13 Silvia 201 hp because I think it's funnier to drive than a Integra.
But I love the Spoon Integra, it's a very good FF Drift car.

Maybe, but I prefer driving a S13 Silvia 201 hp because I think it's funnier to drive than a Integra.

Hey to each their own. Silvias are great low-powered rear drive cars and an '88 Q's was my very first Gran Turismo machine back in my GT1 days. To me the Integra is one of my Top 5 FF cars for sure.

hmm...i thought the Ford GT90 and the Chrysler Phaeton were completely rubbish. Uncontrolable or what!!! you take them on any track and the bounce around. But the viper is a great car

hmm...i thought the Ford GT90 and the Chrysler Phaeton were completely rubbish. Uncontrolable or what!!! you take them on any track and the bounce around. But the viper is a great car

The GT90 isn't complete rubbish...I managed to win GT All Stars and a few other high-paced races in one. It's just heavy that's all; but treat it gently in the corners and it becomes a virtual missile once you can control it.

The Phaeton? Yeah, that car qualifies closer to rubbish I guess! :lol: Not a whole lot you can do with it. It's kinda cool that such a novelty even appears in a video game, tho.

Last edited:
I never liked the Vector M12 LM Edition...

For endless amounts of times, I was trounced in the Trial Mountain 30 Laps by that car, despite the 295HP limit for the event. I mean, I know I take some cheap shots at the competition sometimes, but I have never broken ANY horsepower limit under any circumstances (mainly because I cannot do such a thing; the game doesn't allow). And now a 670hp+ racer is permitted to compete against tiny civilian hatchbacks? Come on, I know that PD (whatever it is; I personally don't know) has screwed up several times, but at least they added allure and character to the game!

It's also too expensive to compete against similarly priced GT-Ones and Venturi LM Editions...

P.S: Is this a glitch mentioned or not in Version 1.0?

The best bet to beat a car like that in 295hp limit would be ZZS coupe (279hp). It even has better power to weight ratio than M12 LM. But since it has small tire, less downforce and MR layout, it is harder to control and slower in corner.

The best bet to beat a car like that in 295hp limit would be ZZS coupe (279hp). It even has better power to weight ratio than M12 LM. But since it has small tire, less downforce and MR layout, it is harder to control and slower in corner.
Which brings us to the Lotus Elise 190 and Motorsport Elise. :mischievous:

They have wider tires, so they can turn better and still have about the same weight as the ZZ-S. I never tried out the ZZ-III though, might be a fierce competitor. :)

The car I dislike the most is the RUF CTR2 Sport. I never paid so much just for a car with under 650HP fully tuned. Freaking costed 650 grand! :mad: That's over 1,000Cr per Horse Power. Very sad, way better off with the Lister Storm or Dodge Viper.

I never liked the Vector M12 LM Edition...

For endless amounts of times, I was trounced in the Trial Mountain 30 Laps by that car, despite the 295HP limit for the event. I mean, I know I take some cheap shots at the competition sometimes, but I have never broken ANY horsepower limit under any circumstances (mainly because I cannot do such a thing; the game doesn't allow). And now a 670hp+ racer is permitted to compete against tiny civilian hatchbacks? Come on, I know that PD (whatever it is; I personally don't know) has screwed up several times, but at least they added allure and character to the game!

It's also too expensive to compete against similarly priced GT-Ones and Venturi LM Editions...

P.S: Is this a glitch mentioned or not in Version 1.0?

Well it's not a glitch; it's a mistake...somebody programmed a Vector to appear in this race and then later PD took the Vector out of the TME.

...and YES you definitely have a version 1.0. Does your car wash say it costs $5,000 credits, too?

Last edited:
I've driven all of them. The Oreca has the best pound to power ratio but i prefer buying a regular GTS from the delaer and putting a race kit on. :sly: That's my favorite...just a regular GTS with a body kit.

yeah, i agree.., just a normal Viper GTS with a Racing Mod equipped with Full-Custom Suspension and Full-Racing Transmission.., that is already enough..,:)

hey! you also like the Spoon Integra too.., great car, love it :)

Back in my early gT days, i was all about slapping on too much power till i'd never see any cars in my rearview mirror. Now, such racing bores me. 👎 I also enjoy that rush from close racing that you're describing. It's great when you barely win a race. I don't have enough memory cards for all the close races i've won. Sure, some of them are sloppy but that's the price to pay for getting good competition 👍

yeah.., having no one in your rear view mirror when you are leading a race is boring, so i also try underpowered cars.., besides, doing things like that really enhance your skill.., it is always a great feeling when you win a close
race..,:)

yeah, i agree.., just a normal Viper GTS with a Racing Mod equipped with Full-Custom Suspension and Full-Racing Transmission.., that is already enough..,:)

I'm so glad in GT4 they brought back the option of having a "normal" non-race car compete against full-racing cars. Only problem with GT4 is; you have to buy a dumb wing instead of a full-body kit; but at least it can be done.

In GT3 I was clearly missing making a normal car into a star! :) I drove my Oreca to death, but I kept wanting just that normal GTS instead! :grumpy:

Last edited:
Well it's not a glitch; it's a mistake...somebody programmed a Vector to appear in this race and then later PD took the Vector out of the TME.

...and YES you definately have a version 1.0. Does your carwash say it costs $5,000 credits, too?

Let's see... yes, it does. Oh dear...

Phaeton yes but the GT90 was a awesome car, I sure had lots of fun with it.

Let's see... yes, it does. Oh dear...

:) I had a 1.0 version too, I had to sell it. Not due to missing cars, but because it kept freezing right in the middle of races, and between menu changes there'd be an occasional black screen that went nowhere.

Phaeton yes but the GT90 was a awesome car, I sure had lots of fun with it.

Me too. 👍

Last edited:
HKS Drag Cars hace the worst handling ever made

my style driving the Speed 12 is when i turn n a corner i put 3rd or 4th gear when i'm out quickly put 2nd gear and go go go go

Well of course the HKS drag cars have the worst handling ever made! They were designed for "Drag racing". most of the time, drag racing does not involve turning. Thats why it seems like they have horrendous, sickening understeer.

You have to change the name of the HKS to that of another car and then go buy tires for it to make it handle, The front tires are too thin and the rears are too wide and grippy! They were designed to go forward only/Drag race. You can also just hack another set of tires and suspension on it and it is quite fun to drive then.

Back