Here they are!

Attachments

• Deep%20Forest.JPG
    Deep%20Forest.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 273
  • HKS%20Drag%20180SX.JPG
    HKS%20Drag%20180SX.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 240
The Ford GT90 only fault is that it isnt stable on corners like Test Course and Red Rock Valley's first turn. Besides that i love it.

(PS) The HKS R33 Drag GT-R is a Dragster not a NASCAR or F1. So get over it.

The Ford GT90 only fault is that it isnt stable on corners like Test Course and Red Rock Valley's first turn. Besides that i love it.

If your quoting someone you should do just that so there's no misunderstanding, My Thumbnails are there for a request immediately prior to my post.

***Example***
can someone post a pic of these 'drag cars' please?
i have not seen nor heard anything about these ever. help out..?

The GT90 is the most underrated overdog!! Tons of power; it'll clean up just about any race, yet most people seem to think it sucks. You just gotta know how to control it..it's a tricky one to drive.

Not sure what you mean about the drag cars comment.

To get back into the fray:
To drive, the TVR Speed 12 has great amounts of SUCKAGE. It's really quite fast, but nearly impossible to control anyplace but the Test Course.
However, it is a great car to win, as it sells for an extremely high number of credits.
If you do well on the licenses then run the Trial Mountain Enduro, you can use the Supra you won there to become a "millionaire" in 2 more races.

i have yet to drive a Speed 12 in any GT game. Nothing against TVR, I just haven't got around to it.

Last edited:
I think I have won the Red Rock Valley race with the Speed 12 you win from there, stock. But not recently. It was definitely comparatively easy to win with it if you maxed and race-modded it (assuming you could keep it under control).

Why do folks keep hating on the Speed 12? Sure it is very difficult to drive but once you get the it tuned properly it is unbeatable.

kjb
Why do folks keep hating on the Speed 12? Sure it is very difficult to drive but once you get the it tuned properly it is unbeatable.

Must be the "once you get it tuned right part" that makes people hate it. Also, it's not a car you can just floor the accelerator with, it takes a lot of finesse :ill:

Last edited:
In GT2 The Speed 12 is a difficult car to love.
It's not an easy car to tune.
It's not an easy car to drive.
It goes from extreme understeer to snap oversteer.
Its big saving grace is that it rakes in big cash.

In GT3 and GT4 the Speed 12 is so much better. But still no great shakes.
The "lesser" TVRs are so much more interesting to drive.

Gil
The "lesser" TVRs are so much more interesting to drive.

The Cerbera LM (is that the correct name?) is a great car, which you win from the SSR5 Enudrance race.
I don't like the Speed 12 either. It's fast but it's handling pretty much sucks.

The Speed 12 to me handles like a mid engine car. And I will admit when I first started playing GT2 way back when I could stand the car. But I made up my mind that I was going to drive this car and that's what I did. When I repurchased GT2 last year it was easy for set it up how I like it. The other thing I learned with the Speed 12 is that coming out of curves you can not floor the gas you kind of have to feather it until the rear end comes out of the curve.

It seems everyone hate a car that's too slow or too fast. Good thing we have both in GT2 :).

If that were true, we wouldn't have thousands of cheaters who aspire to own the Suzuki Excuseo!

Gil
It goes from extreme understeer to snap oversteer.
This is one of those car that make me wish PD provide us with more suspension setting range......... Anyone ever try driving speed 12 with ASCC set at 1? Because it seems stock car use ASCC at 100.........

If that were true, we wouldn't have thousands of cheaters who aspire to own the Suzuki Excuseo!
I guess Escudo is not too fast for them :lol:. I wonder if they love Subaru 360 .........

I don't think ANY car is worthy of the worst car ...not even the Clio..sure it is really broken and doesnt win much but hey it's a car.

As for cars I enjoy and think should never be mentioned in Worst car polls

Fiat 500 *fav car*
subaru 360
Honda Life
You know...those cars most people hate using I enjoy the challenge of them :)

Oh come on Parnelli, who can resist the almighty 'Scudo? :sly:

ME!! No serisously. Dang..spelled that wrong. :dunce: No seriously, I only drove an Excuse-o twice: Pikes Peak uphill against the Cultus, and Pikes Peak uphill against the other Escudo. I publicly detest anyone who uses an Excuse-o UNLESS they're doing time trials or these 2 rallies. But if you're using the Excuse-o to finish up the game it's because you're lazy or not that good! :dunce: There are plenty of cars that can competitively compete to finish GT2....why not explore them instead?? 💡

...that goes for folks who use F1 cars in GT3 (unless they're doing the actual Formula One races) or "rubber band at Super Speedway to get easy money" 👎

I like what bdk said! I'd rather drive a Honda Life (and I have!) than a twin-engine cheat machine!!

Last edited:
I like what bdk said! I'd rather drive a Honda Life (and i have!) than a twin-engine cheat machine!!

I see your point. Well, it is ''a bit'' better than the other cars which makes races less challenging. I used to urge to buy the Escusdo in the beggining of the game to get easy money. I have yet to do it on my new game/save. About 10% through the game. But it hasn't made the game more challenging so far :dunce:

The Shioulette Skyline is a great car. Not 'overpowered', 555hp and 960kg.
As for a so called Kei car I suggest the Mazda AZ-1. Great fun little car if you tune it.

The Skyline Silhouette Foumula car is a stealth Escudo. It may not have excess power, but that's almost worse; it can enter many races with HP limits which the Escudo can't. Its unrealistically good road-holding and responsiveness make it far too easy to drive unrealistically fast.

The Skyline Silhouette Foumula car is a stealth Escudo. It may not have excess power, but that's almost worse; it can enter many races with HP limits which the Escudo can't. Its unrealistically good road-holding and responsiveness make it far too easy to drive unrealistically fast.

:indiff: :ouch: It sure is...if I think about it.

Phaeton - I'll make this short. One face expression is enough to describe this car : :yuck:

Well seeing as how I am huge on those little underpowered cars for racing I guess you'll see me in ALOT of those. I really just dont dig super overpowered cars much.
I remember racing the Honda Life stock in the light car division at seattle short and wining and going ya thats what it's about. I won it by 0.042 or something crazy...you never get that rush in something that just constantly wins by like 2346 seconds

I dont know I just find that I really enjoy using alot of those cars nobody really talks about.

And for the record I find racing in the clio quite fun to be honest. Im not that great a driver but it's a good car to just race and try your best with.

I see your point. Well, it is ''a bit'' better than the other cars which makes races less challenging. I used to urge to buy the Escusdo in the beggining of the game to get easy money. I have yet to do it on my new game/save. About 10% through the game. But it hasn't made the game more challenging so far :dunce:

The Shioulette Skyline is a great car. Not 'overpowered', 555hp and 960kg.
As for a so called Kei car I suggest the Mazda AZ-1. Great fun little car if you tune it.

I plan on using the Silhouette soon for the World Cup race and GT500. I just won it and one of my games needs these 2 series completed.

Last edited:
bdk
Well seeing as how I am huge on those little underpowered cars for racing I guess you'll see me in ALOT of those. I really just dont dig super overpowered cars much.
I remember racing the Honda Life stock in the light car division at seattle short and wining and going ya thats what it's about. I won it by 0.042 or something crazy...you never get that rush in something that just constantly wins by like 2346 seconds

I dont know I just find that I really enjoy using alot of those cars nobody really talks about.

Yeah me too. GT2 is full of cars nobody talks about, but we talk about them here! Or at least some of us do.

Back in my early GT days, I was all about slapping on too much power till I'd never see any cars in my rearview mirror. Now, such racing bores me. 👎 I also enjoy that rush from close racing that you're describing. It's great when you barely win a race. I don't have enough memory cards for all the close races I've won. Sure, some of them are sloppy but that's the price to pay for getting good competition 👍

Phaeton - I'll make this short. One face expression is enough to describe this car : :yuck:

My beef with the Phaeton is that I think it's a great novelty car...the problem is it's got too much power for some races, yet it hasn't got the handling necessary for the races in which its power is classed. Still, it's one of those cars that makes GT2 like no other GT!

Last edited:
Yea finally someone else that understands me..
I have a friend named Paul who honestly could race pro in something pro or another he's got talent. Real life talent. He also shows it wonderiously in the games. But the thing we disagree on and always will disagree on is he hates having a car in his rear view ...he says coming in 2nd is first loser so I wanna destroy my compitition.

granted it's a good logic but I dont know I lose a super close race adn that gives me more incentive to just race again .Maybe with a bit of tuneing or maybe a new part like weight drop or something. But I REALLY can't enjoy blowing a car outta the race and winning by 56mins. Sure I hate losing but eh I get over it. Sometimes if I lose due to poor things like my driving or the AI cheats then I tend to switch up cars and go race in a different circuit. And I still am shocked at how great some of those little under 100hp cars get. Fiat 500r still wows me at it's power to weight

^_^

bdk
Yea finally someone else that understands me..
I have a friend named Paul who honestly could race pro in something pro or another he's got talent. Real life talent. He also shows it wonderiously in the games. But the thing we disagree on and always will disagree on is he hates having a car in his rear view ...he says coming in 2nd is first loser so I wanna destroy my compitition.

granted it's a good logic but I dont know I lose a super close race adn that gives me more incentive to just race again .Maybe with a bit of tuneing or maybe a new part like weight drop or something. But I REALLY can't enjoy blowing a car outta the race and winning by 56mins. Sure I hate losing but eh I get over it. Sometimes if I lose due to poor things like my driving or the AI cheats then I tend to switch up cars and go race in a different circuit. And I still am shocked at how great some of those little under 100hp cars get. Fiat 500r still wows me at it's power to weight

^_^

So far as your friend Paul is concerned...I think real-life racing it's different. You can be laps ahead of the competition...only to have a head gasket blown, a brake line go bad, or a yellow flag/caution mess your timing. If I raced real-life, I would do everything to stay well ahead because here, you're only as good as the parts in your car and the teamwork you have supporting you, driving skill is almost secondary at times.

..But in the game where collisions are barely a factor and everything works, there's no reason to overpower the AI! 👍 I don't hate losing unless I lose an entire series or an enduro due to a stupid decision or if the AI slams me! :ouch: But then, that's a bit of reality. Who wins over and over and gets a 100%??? I guess Schumacher comes closest, but that's a poor example because in my opinion F1 driving is a bit fixed.

Last edited:
Ya if they;d have brought damage over from the arcade disk I think we'd see a whole different approach then we do. Right now im using sim tires and oh boy that made me change my approach to alot of the races. I hate using other cars and walls as a means to get in front. I do it still but i'm alot better then I was years ago when I started. I raced with arcadus maximus style driving....walls and car bumps were my friend.

I dont know I keep trying to find more and more challenge in the game. A topic i'm gonna make shortly will probably get a few more ideas thrown my way ...

I don't get the whole "hit walls and cars" thing. Whatever though. It's so much more rewarding to drive well and win thru skill. On the other hand, I've only used sim tires once and found it a bit frustrating :banghead: but I hardly ever use slicks in GT2...most of my racing was done with stock or sport tires.

Last edited:
Back