Worst car you've experienced so far.

• Thread starter BoneSawTX
  • 72 comments
Yeah it makes the R18 so easy to drive, it should be engine power to rear and electric to front wheels.

Unmodified Lola T163 at Long Beach, Chaparral 2E nipping at my heels for the last 2 laps, just a slide fest.

I can't do the E23 on control. It spins no matter how much a feather it and what I've seen is its only manageable when I have about 10% trigger travel. That's way too slow to make any sense.

Having some fun on Rio with a stock Type 2 bus. I'm not saying it's bad, but you better be quick when it starts to tip over lol.

I had a blast in that Bus, I upgraded it a little. Took it to the top of D class with racing tires and 200hp. It is amazing how much it will lean before rolling over. I was going around many of those corners on two wheels before I finally hit one to hard and rolled it.

Did you see the bug in the hood view on it? It is very odd to drive in that view.

Fiat 595 Abarth
Gave it 330HP and now it is pretty much undrivable, yet is still able to keep up with V8 Supercars.

I have a few other cars I think could be undrivable, but haven't driven them yet. Chief of which being an 800HP Astra 1.6 Tech Line (Top Gear Edition)

Lotus Type 49 :nervous:
Those legends of gran prix cars, they are awesome looking but I hate driving them. They are way too squirrelly, I guess it's just too much power for the little amount of front tire that meets the road.

Last edited:
Formula E for me. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a modern formula car should have more grip than these things have.

Last edited:
Formula E for me. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a mordern formula car should have more grip than these things have.
Agreed. I don't get how some people love to drive these things. It's rediculous how tail-happy they are. I get that it's instant-torque due to the electric motor, but really? It shouldn't be that damn hard to drive.

Some of the race cars in this game make no sense to me, like how is it that I can handle a 700HP 2015 Honda Indy Car just fine, but I can't drive a 200hp electric Formula E? Does anyone have a tune or tips to help drive the Formula E? I want to like the car, but I can't drive it efficiently.

Agreed. I don't get how some people love to drive these things. It's rediculous how tail-happy they are. I get that it's instant-torque due to the electric motor, but really? It shouldn't be that damn hard to drive.

Some of the race cars in this game make no sense to me, like how is it that I can handle a 700HP 2015 Honda Indy Car just fine, but I can't drive a 200hp electric Formula E? Does anyone have a tune or tips to help drive the Formula E? I want to like the car, but I can't drive it efficiently.

My problem isn't so much with putting the power down, so much as with initial turn in. It seems like as soon as I turn, the car starts sliding like a drift car, instead of the tires taking a set and gripping around the turn. The only way it seems to grip around a turn is at low speeds, lower than what I would expect out of a formula car.

Last edited:
I drove the Virgin car the other night and it didn't seem overly slidey? I was on Rio, which has enough scope for drifting if you want it.

VXR
I drove the Virgin car the other night and it didn't seem overly slidey? I was on Rio, which has enough scope for drifting if you want it.

I was at COTA, the tight turns were the ones getting me. I don't know, maybe my driving style isn't very compatible with these cars. Plus I've played exclusively P. Cars for the last couple months, and am just now getting back into F6, that might have something to do with it, the nuances in the contols of each game.

The E23 without TCS. Mother of god, this thing can't go straight in a line. There must clearly be something wrong, because I don't see F1 drivers feathering the throttle too much, either.

The Brabham open wheel car was a royal pain for me.

Also the new 2015 #93 Viper GTS-R doesn't really do well when it comes to cornering for me. Perhaps it's personal preference.

Posted this in the general thread:
Did I remember awhile back someone saying they couldn't get the Formula E cars to work for them?

If so, I might be able to help! I've worked out a setup that is super stable and mostly eliminates the terrible slide-happiness those things have. Mine is on the #27 car right now, but I think all the cars are the same so it should transfer to the other ones just fine.

I'll post it if anyone is actually interested.
I see now that it was this thread I was thinking of!
Once you sort it out, it's actually kind of a nice little car to drive.

Thanks man. You saved me a headache and a half! :cheers:
So, quite a bit later than I wanted to post this, sorry. Had an accident at work and had to go to the hospital, so ended up getting home like 3 hours later than I was supposed to...

Anyways, here you go:

Tire Pressure
Front 29.0 PSI
Rear 28.0 PSI

Gearing
Final Drive 3.85 (3.30 for low downforce)
1st 5.46
2nd 4.18
3rd 3.44
4th 2.54
5th 2.69

Alignment
Camber
Front -2.5
Rear -2.0

Toe
Front 0.5
Rear -0.3

Caster
Angle 5.5

Anti-Roll Bars
Front 17.00
Rear 11.50

Springs
Front 448.7 LB/IN
Rear 468.2 LB/IN

Ride Height
Front 2.2 IN
Rear 2.5 IN

Damping
Rebound Stiffness
Front 7.5
Rear 8.1

Bump Stiffness
Front 5.0
Rear 5.4

Aero
Front 557 LBS (334 for low downforce)
Rear 766 LBS (460 for low downforce)

Brake
Balance 53%
Pressure 70% (or whatever your preference is; I find this to be very easy to drive consistently)

Differential
Acceleration 42%
Deceleration 12%

Hope this helps!

So, quite a bit later than I wanted to post this, sorry. Had an accident at work and had to go to the hospital, so ended up getting home like 3 hours later than I was supposed to...

Anyways, here you go:

Tire Pressure
Front 29.0 PSI
Rear 28.0 PSI

Gearing
Final Drive 3.85 (3.30 for low downforce)
1st 5.46
2nd 4.18
3rd 3.44
4th 2.54
5th 2.69

Alignment
Camber
Front -2.5
Rear -2.0

Toe
Front 0.5
Rear -0.3

Caster
Angle 5.5

Anti-Roll Bars
Front 17.00
Rear 11.50

Springs
Front 448.7 LB/IN
Rear 468.2 LB/IN

Ride Height
Front 2.2 IN
Rear 2.5 IN

Damping
Rebound Stiffness
Front 7.5
Rear 8.1

Bump Stiffness
Front 5.0
Rear 5.4

Aero
Front 557 LBS (334 for low downforce)
Rear 766 LBS (460 for low downforce)

Brake
Balance 53%
Pressure 70% (or whatever your preference is; I find this to be very easy to drive consistently)

Differential
Acceleration 42%
Deceleration 12%

Hope this helps!
Oh god! Sorry to hear about your accident! Are you alright?
Also, thank you for the tune. :)

Oh god! Sorry to hear about your accident! Are you alright?
Also, thank you for the tune. :)
Yeah mostly. Smashed my right pointer finger and shattered the nail, but didn't break the bone, so it isn't too bad. Put me out of action on forza for a couple days though :mad:

Let me know what you think of the tune!

Yeah mostly. Smashed my right pointer finger and shattered the nail, but didn't break the bone, so it isn't too bad. Put me out of action on forza for a couple days though :mad:

Let me know what you think of the tune!
Mate, this tune is awesome. The Formula E is a totally different beast. I do have a question: are you running stock tires, or did you upgrade to race tires?

Mate, this tune is awesome. The Formula E is a totally different beast. I do have a question: are you running stock tires, or did you upgrade to race tires?
I...don't remember? Pretty sure stock, because I was using it for the career series, so I just put the width upgrades on. Don't think you can manage race tires under the PI limit for that series. You can do the tire width, but you have to put heavier wheels on(?) if I remember correctly.
Mine is S749 right now.

Glad you're liking it. Took a bit of fiddling but I'm pretty pleased with how it drives personally.

I'm popping in here to comment on how utterly dreadful the A45 AMG is to drive stock. Feels heavier than the quoted weight, understeers like a pig, and looks like one too. Avoid at all costs!

It was one of the few I enjoyed in Forza 5 when I still used sim steering. I'll try it out on 6 to see if they ruined it.

Even though I love this car, I feel the Alfa Romeo 155 is a bit stiff and underwhelming. Putting such a low hp engine on an AWD car seems as pointless as a K car. Thankfully you can either slam in a bigger turbo to push at least 300HP (a decent power for this type of car) or simply make it RWD and pretend it's its predecessor, the Alfa Romeo Milano/Alfa Romeo 75.

So yeah, this car is absolutely beautiful to look at, but I hate I have to tune it so much to get a much more interesting drive out of it (as in GT, I like my cars as close to stock as possible).

Back