Worst you've dealt with online...

• Thread starter Tommy_861
  • 5,982 comments
I once hit a mini cooper head on with an X1 at around 420km/h. Sent him around 300 meters backwards before he stopped skidding. Was only me and him in the room, i let him win the race in the end ;)

My worst though is honestly the kids that don't know how to shut up on the mic!

Sounds a bit familiar. For me it was a 2 lap race on Nordschleife. Going into third corner this guy behind me just rams me off totally on purpose. I spin and have to wait to let everyone by. After 1,5 laps I catch the guy and return the favour.

Like B-spec Bob!

Popped into a Lobby Today as the Host was using Le-Sarthe without Chicanes .

Started off on a 787B because the room was set to Free Run , so I figured i'd use it too Test a Set Up on the Car .

after a While I noticed the Lap Time was in the 2 min 25 sec and saw the Room Host was using a X2010 .

Figured hey i'll have a go at that .

3 Laps each under his Time , the 3rd was 7 seconds faster than his :)

Oh look I suddenly got kicked from the Room , just beacuse I was quicker :lol:

i live in iceland and connect to the PSN through an american account. I join a server where everyone is english. right off the bat i get the "yankie" comments, fair enough the race starts.. i try to hold a racing line but these guys laughing and bumbing all the way, then they accuse me of ramming people and i get kicked.. second server same problem minus the bumbing, the racial slur i got was so bad that i left.. id say the amount of servers i have joined since release 10% are playable.

I joined an all Japanese drift room once and I started hearing them on the headsets mention my psn name, thought nothing of it and carried on drifting my way round tsukuba. I pass an rx7 on a corner which was stopped then it chases after me and slams into me, then stops, waits, next corner does the same, he carried on doing this for about 3 laps nearly every corner till I left the room. Was a bit annoyed really, I like Japanese drift rooms as there's no idiots trying to drift overpowered 4WD cars, there's a diverse range of cars and good drifters, I just get the feeling English drifters aren't welcome there!

Yesterday I was on the ring in a majority belgian/German/French room, hp limit was about 800ish-bhp so I thought I'd go for my stock Amuse S2000 GT1 '04. 2 laps in I was a good 10/20 seconds faster than anyone else and they were talking on there headsets about me, the room leader started the race and I was on pole. First corner the room leader makes no attempt to stop and just t-bones me into the gravel, wrecking my car. I was pretty much dead last but the Amuse S2000 is damn quick, I reeled in the top 5, a German guy in a Ferrari who I got past and into 4th, he then wiped me out and started laughing into his mic. Pity the next corner he binned it good! Revenge was then enjoyed as I approached the room leader who was in third, he was slow into a bend so I went for the outside line knowing I'd have the inside for the next bend, as I go round the outside he slows then tries to PIT manouever me, but completely failed, missed and slammed into the barrier. About 15 secs later I was strangely "disconnected from the server".

I've encountered plenty more. American kids who rap into the mic are amusing, and some kid who begged a guy to send him a x2010 just got laughed at and abused, love it.

I joined an all Japanese drift room once and I started hearing them on the headsets mention my psn name, thought nothing of it and carried on drifting my way round tsukuba. I pass an rx7 on a corner which was stopped then it chases after me and slams into me, then stops, waits, next corner does the same, he carried on doing this for about 3 laps nearly every corner till I left the room. Was a bit annoyed really, I like Japanese drift rooms as there's no idiots trying to drift overpowered 4WD cars, there's a diverse range of cars and good drifters, I just get the feeling English drifters aren't welcome there!

Yesterday I was on the ring in a majority belgian/German/French room, hp limit was about 800ish-bhp so I thought I'd go for my stock Amuse S2000 GT1 '04. 2 laps in I was a good 10/20 seconds faster than anyone else and they were talking on there headsets about me, the room leader started the race and I was on pole. First corner the room leader makes no attempt to stop and just t-bones me into the gravel, wrecking my car. I was pretty much dead last but the Amuse S2000 is damn quick, I reeled in the top 5, a German guy in a Ferrari who I got past and into 4th, he then wiped me out and started laughing into his mic. Pity the next corner he binned it good! Revenge was then enjoyed as I approached the room leader who was in third, he was slow into a bend so I went for the outside line knowing I'd have the inside for the next bend, as I go round the outside he slows then tries to PIT manouever me, but completely failed, missed and slammed into the barrier. About 15 secs later I was strangely "disconnected from the server".

I've encountered plenty more. American kids who rap into the mic are amusing, and some kid who begged a guy to send him a x2010 just got laughed at and abused, love it.

👍

I've only played online once and I didn't like it. I got into a room with lots of people and a good connection. I figured all would be good.

I won three races in a row and then they kicked me out because apparently I rammed into the host in the last race at Monaco even though it was him that caused the collision. He kept trying to pass in places where you just shouldn't pass in that track unless you know you'll get through, like in between the tight double hairpin section. I can't see to the sides and he would always be trying to force his way through until finally he didn't have enough room and I accidentally hit him as I was finishing one of the hairpins, which somehow caused him to completely lose control. After that I had to deal with a lap and a half of this guy insulting me and acting like a total 🤬 even though in a previous race he had decided to park his car right in the middle of a corner because he was losing and caused a bunch of other drivers to crash.

I've only played online once and I didn't like it. I got into a room with lots of people and a good connection. I figured all would be good.

I won three races in a row and then they kicked me out because apparently I rammed into the host in the last race at Monaco even though it was him that caused the collision. He kept trying to pass in places where you just shouldn't pass in that track unless you know you'll get through, like in between the tight double hairpin section. I can't see to the sides and he would always be trying to force his way through until finally he didn't have enough room and I accidentally hit him as I was finishing one of the hairpins, which somehow caused him to completely lose control. After that I had to deal with a lap and a half of this guy insulting me and acting like a total 🤬 even though in a previous race he had decided to park his car right in the middle of a corner because he was losing and caused a bunch of other drivers to crash.

If you're gonna race online with random people, create your own room. That way, you can kick the wreckers and not get kicked yourself.

Was playing on a Nurb free run earlier when someone started text chatting about "he's police" and "stop right there" etc. I assumed he was faffing about flashing his lights in peoples rears but then I got on the track with my R10, got about 1/5 of the way through the track and I see him on the side of the road. Take note, continue on a full speed. Then notice a few corners later the guy is behind me. Then feel him tap my car from behind. Then have been block me through corner, and lastly park next to my car and chat something about stopping or somesuch. :banghead:

Was doing pretty well through what I got done of the lap too.

Im tired of being kicked for nothing. My list includes

-Not talking enough in a mic only room
-Talking too much
-Being too young
-Pitting a guy (even though he blazed down the corner into me)
-Using the X2010
-Using the Midget
-Stating that the M3 was overated in a british room (God, i never knew i was a "Fatass yank that should go f@#$%& kill my self" because i have a valid opinion)
-Using my MGS2 Raiden Soundboard (Ok, justified kick)
- Spinning out once in a drifting room in front of the host
-My name brettfavre26 (even though i dispise the man)
-Saying the packers would beat the the atlanta falcons:dopey:
-Using a DS3(Pre-Christmas)
-Using a DFGT(Post-Christmas)

God its hard to enjoy rooms anymore constantly being worried about being kicked

I was in a drift practice room and this guy in a Veyron would not leave me alone, ramming me and putting me to the wall. I left soon after, really annoying people online :|

Personally, I have a really good online experience and enjoy it with many people. I am a nice and easy going person, but today this person has ticked me off.

I got home from school, and eagered to play GT5.

I finally found a lobby of my personal taste. It was a drag room in la Sarthe.
I join the room and bring my Saleen S7 out for a drag. I moved up closer to a guy named "Death_Addict" (or something like that). I wanted to drag him, and tried to line up with him. Out of no where he says on his microphone "Look at that Saleen S7 noob. He's crap and what not".
Then it goes on-and-on and ya-da ya-da him, harassing me while I'm trying to have a race. I would have defended myself but I didn't have a mic, and was lazy to type.
The host challenged me to a drag. I accepted. We raced. I won. Then the host goes and says "Wow, that Saleen S7 guy sucks, He barely beat my Superbee. (I was way ahead of him).
I decided whatevers and ignored him.
I pulled out my Enzo and wanted to find another challenger. And guess what? The "Death_Addict" guy starts to insult and harass me again, with me doing little to nothing to him.

I finally snapped, and started to defend myself.

Me : "What's your problem"
Him : -Insults Me-
Me : "I came here to race and have fun"
Him : -Insults me-
Me : "I came here to race not listen to your b!tchy whining"

The host then starts to bug in and says.

"Wait, after I race someone I'll kick him"

-Gets Kicked-

I mean seriously, people with attitudes like this are literally breaking my skull. If I had a mic, I would have proudly defended my self from these bosers.

Sorry, I had to vent a little. I'm usually such a nice person, but I finally snapped ><.

Have you guys had experiences like this?:nervous:

Ya, all the time. A lot of people want it their way or no way. I don't drag, but when I'm racing, I see people whine all the time if you beat them.

I can deal with people whining when I beat them from time to time, but this fella just ticked me off.

Its just the nature of online racing. When your sitting behind a screen and you know nobody can physically touch you, you end up with a boosted ego and a puffed chest. You'll have people blame you for a crash they caused. I was racing NASCAR in this one room, and we're battling for first, and this guy basically spins me out purposely and then proceeds to say that it was my fault and I didn't know how to drive.

I got kicked from an american drifting room because i was drifting. I was apparently too far behind them and i had to catch up, but i didn't, i was their to drift.
I was personally abused for doing what the room was called. I lost all respect for four wheel sliders that day.. As they sped ahead in their R34's, Impreza's & Evo's i stayed back in my Lexus.
The entire time i was thier they called me names like "fagot", "Homo", "F... Head" along with countless ones i cant state hear.
i could hear them saying about how "gay" australia is. How 'crap" we are at GT & how we cant talk properly. I picked up the mic and said in clear english...F... You!
Before rage quitting and joining an Aussie's room. Funny how all the Aussie's were using RWD's and drifting at their own pace... Oh and not abusing each other...

(FYI i have no problem with american's but this bunch were obvious tools)

Last edited:
dude tis just a game, ever played COD thats worse lol

Just a game? So if i go and spend $120 of my money on something and then get abused while using it, i shouldn't care just because it's a game.

Also, can you talk like a normal Human being please...

Im tired of being kicked for nothing. My list includes

-Using the Midget

I have a Midget drifter I made. It's painted Matte Orange and whenever I randomly bring it out everyone loves it.

Ive had many experiences in other online racing games to know not to race anyone that I've not raced before or know in real life or over the internet as a decent person. So I avoid these "Experiences" ever since midnightclub los angeles came out.

Some similar experiences I've had (other games)

Grid: Running 3rd in an FJ1000 race. The Welsh driver in front of me braked about a mile too early for the first corner at nurburgring GP. I was tailing him in the racing line and shunted him well off course. He proceeded to insult everything from my country of origin to my livery.

Midnight Club L.A: Two public races. Two bans. I used slip stream boost to get ahead and then burned all of my nitrous to keep my substantial lead. A tactic thats worked across all games in the series. Both times I was called a cheater and kicked.

Now I just don't play with people I can't trust. Its not worth it.

Just a game? So if i go and spend $120 of my money on something and then get abused while using it, i shouldn't care just because it's a game.

Also, can you talk like a normal Human being please...

Yes it is just a game, im sorry if that offends you i also spent $129 on the game, if i get abused i get over it, because people that abuse others are just worthless that dont have anything better to do if your getting abused just mute them then you will not have to listen to it. :)

Yes it is just a game, im sorry if that offends you i also spent $129 on the game, if i get abused i get over it, because people that abuse others are just worthless that dont have anything better to do if your getting abused just mute them then you will not have to listen to it. :)

I don't take offence to that because it is just a game, but one that I paid for and I should be allowed to play without being abused. What some people say on the other side of that screen is illegal in some places, but they can get away with it because they aren't saying it to your face or in public, and they take advatange of that.

On a lighter note though, the amount of nice, clean racers far outways the amount of jerks in GT5 online, and it's pretty easy to find a good clean lobby.

Also, Online experience unrated and similar stuff in the manual, on the box, and all over the online mode user agreement usually means "Warning: Possibility of mean stupid people with microphones is high."

In an online race at Nurburgring 24hr track. 6+ started the race and by about 1/2 way round the 2nd lap they'd all quit or given up. I'm not a superstar or anything, I just had a nice clean lap/s going. I'm on the long stretch to the finish curves, just crested the hill under the bridge and POOF - "You have been disconnected from the server". The poor sport "Host" kicked me before I could grab the winnings.

Back