Would do you take part in an online endurance race?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jedaye
  • 66 comments
  • 6,117 views

Whould you take part in an online endurance race?

  • Yes, and I going for 24 hours

    Votes: 57 22.8%
  • Yes (under 24 hours)

    Votes: 142 56.8%
  • No

    Votes: 51 20.4%

  • Total voters
    250
Messages
292
Just wanted know how hardcore people are.

I would just as long as there is a full track (ie 16 cars). Racing for a long time against 4 opponents isn't that appealing.
 
I vote no for a few reasons. One being lag/connection issues in general for internet games. I just feel endurance is more about pit strategy than actual hardcore racing, and I think that could be replicated by A.I... I dunno, its just a hard sell for 24 hours..

Now a 1 hour endurance race I'd gladly do.
 
As part of a league series? Oh hell yes and I can't wait to get going.
 
Only if they allow people so set up their own dedicated servers, PC style.

I doubt many could keep it going for 24 hours though, not unless it was organised, but i think thats a thing more for a games convention lan party than users playing from home. That way they could join a team and change drivers like in real 24 hour races.

I would happily race online in 2-3 hour endurance races, but they would definetly have to be pre-organised. The 20 lap F2007 race in GT5P is long enough for me if i'm just picking up a controller and playing.
 
What if in the middle of the race I have to go to the bathroom? I can't do like cartman in world of warcraft episode
 
@ hardvibes... you'd make a great race driver.

"I need to pee!"

"Negative hardvibes, you just pitted 2 laps ago! 33 laps before your next pitstop!"

"But I'M BUSTING! GODDAMMMMIT!!!!!!!!"

:P
 
so what? I need a peestop once in a while!
You know, they should make catheters for race drivers too.
 
What if in the middle of the race I have to go to the bathroom? I can't do like cartman in world of warcraft episode

Maybe an online RTS style pause? Where one player presses pause, the others have to accept then it gets paused for everyone.

If you are playing with friends and communicating with the mic through the race, you just you need to go and they should pause it with you :D

Or you could just get a bucket...
 
PampersKingSize.jpg
 
30 mins -> 1 hour is fine.

And if you plan ahead, no need for toilet breaks :P
 
24 hours, 16 cars, but for each car there should at least be 3 or so drivers. I know I can stay up and play for straight 24 hour race, but After 3 or 4 hours of non stop racing, I could become very sloppy and loose time.

Since I have no friends to help me near by, I would go for 4-8 hour MOST endurance race.
 
Unless you would be able to create a race where a certain party of people play, then you are always going to encounter some **** who tries to ruin your online experience.

But yeah I would gladly take part in anything up to around 2-3 hours.
 
Or how about you just stop on the side of the track when you need to go, kind of like on Nascar games.
 
What if you have 16 car race, 48 drivers, and on hour 23 servers crash? That would suck.
For online play stick below 6 hours
 
Maybe when you had to go take a sh&^ or something, just enter the pit stop and let B spec Bob take over? Anyone agree?
 
Maybe when you had to go take a sh&^ or something, just enter the pit stop and let B spec Bob take over? Anyone agree?

Maybe, but if its a really close race, you might loose a lot of time?
 
I'd participate, mostly in winter when long periods of time are spent indoors, spring summer fall im all over the place hardly have an hour a day to play games.

I'm guessing that maybe with the inclusion of Racing Teams\Clubs, we'd be able to coordinate a team effort say a 100 lap race split in 4(25l) or 5(20l) with drivers taking turns.
 
Unless you would be able to create a race where a certain party of people play, then you are always going to encounter some **** who tries to ruin your online experience.

But yeah I would gladly take part in anything up to around 2-3 hours.

I think it would be great to have a 24hr race with multiple drivers to one car but on a LAN not online. It would be a shame to get to the 23rd hour and the server or host suddenly disconnects. It would totally piss everybody off. That is probably also PD's dilema if they wanted to do that with PSN and GT5.
 
Only in 30 minutes to 2 hours races, 24 hours is crazy, that's only possible if yo can make a team like in reallife and you and your friends run with the same car, obviously You'd need friends on Asia or Europe (or american if you are european), so, more than 2 hours sound impossible, at least online...
 
Yes but only in specific rooms.

Short online races seem to work better than longer ones. The losers always get bummed out and quit.
 
I voted for under 24 hours. An 8 hour Nurburgring race would be fantastic, or even an 1 hour one would. But knowing people's connections at times, it will be incredibly sketchy- thats why PD should have dedicated servers if they're gonna do this, and well, that should add to the experience. 24 hours online? Something will go wrong.
 
Last edited:
Yeah I can't wait to join in some Endurance races in GT5 online! I'd be keen for a full on 24hour race, obviously requiring some proper preparation. If it is allowed of course, I wonder if PD prepare it well enough that you could create an online team, where one drives, 2 other drivers can be in spectator mode, and when it comes their time, in the Pit stop the game puts the next ready driver into the drivers seat. If your connection drops, the game puts the next driver into the seat keeping the game running and allowing the player who dropped to rejoin back into spectator mode....maybe I dream a little much, but that would be awesome.
 
I would do a moderate enduro sure, but anything approaching 1000km would require a rock solid server and connection and driver changes.
 
I voted no. I prefer shorter races, with maximum 10 laps.
 
It would be nice but you have to be with people you know, not random people that will quit after 15 minutes. I voted under 24 hours, 2 hours is what I would take online because anything over that is too much without a break, which you can't do because you're online.
 
Nope, mainly because I already find the 30 minute stints to be a bit tiring on my eyes and GT still doesn't have the feel of a real car to me, so sitting there on my butt for hours at a time would have no real benefit.
 
I think it would be great to have a 24hr race with multiple drivers to one car but on a LAN not online. It would be a shame to get to the 23rd hour and the server or host suddenly disconnects. It would totally piss everybody off. That is probably also PD's dilema if they wanted to do that with PSN and GT5.

I agree, PD should include LAN races in GT5.
 
Back