Would you pay to unlock all cars immediately? [poll]

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 134 comments

Would you pay a small amount in order to unlock all the cars in GT5?

• Yes

Votes: 66 15.6%
  • No

Votes: 356 84.4%

• Total voters
f1webberfan
No.
To elaborate. It's a game. You are expected to put some effort in it.
Otherwise it's a waste of time (if you can unlock everything from the start).

Whilst I wouldn't pay real money to unlock content. I wouldn't be grudge those who would be prepared.

Who are we to decide what another person wants to spend his money on.

Reminds me of the selfish ones who didn't want 24 hr saves as an option for those who did. Even though it never effected the individual who complained.

One other point.

Once everything is unlocked In GT it's a waste of time thereafter?
Some people may think its just beginning.

No.
To elaborate. It's a game. You are expected to put some effort in it.
Otherwise it's a waste of time (if you can unlock everything from the start).

I only got into GT5 for online racing, I played the crap out of GT2,3 and 4 but always had that star in my eye constantly dreaming about actually racing and competing online. I bought my first wheel for it I was so psyched, I saw A-spec and all that as just obstacles in my way of getting the cars I needed to run in leagues, set up new series, practice, etc. So if I had everything unlocked from the beginning, I wouldn't be playing GT less, but more, earlier on.

The effort for my type of driver comes in after buying the car, everything before it is just time wasted waiting to race.

Look at iRacing, people pay $12 for one car. I can't say that dismissively though since I've bought around ten cars in the service... and more tracks... which are more expensive :/

Whilst I wouldn't pay real money to unlock content. I wouldn't be grudge those who would be prepared.

Who are we to decide what another person wants to spend his money on.

Reminds me of the selfish ones who didn't want 24 hr saves as an option for those who did. Even though it never effected the individual who complained.

One other point.

Once everything is unlocked In GT it's a waste of time thereafter?
Some people may think its just beginning.

Yes, the beginning of driving all of them and truly being able to take the time to dive in to sheer driving pleasure.

Tahli462
Hell no, it would be like Forza with no challenge. Kaz and PD would probally never consider this idea.

I would prefer the game to offer challenge on the track. Rather than in grinding to buy cars.

Each to there own though.

JackC8
No way - earning money and buying cars is a huge part of the appeal of any racing game for me. It makes me feel like I'm working towards something - assembling a garage of my dream cars.

I've actually grown to like the UCD. It's fun seeing which cars show up this time, next time, etc. It gets me to browse through a lot of stuff I'd skip over if they were all available all the time.

+1 couldnt agree more, really love the UCD now, im always going back aftet each race in hopes of being suprised with something valuable... What could be nice though is having every car available except the rare ones, toss them in the UCD with a random pick of other used and less expensive cars to keep rare cars...
Sorry if its hard to get, i get myself confused too lol

Why would anyone pay again for content they already own? How you play the game should be up to you, I'd like to see an 'unlock all' option in the main menu.

I think GT's approach has been to offer up Arcade mode for the casual players or folks who dont have alot of time.

I enjoy playing through the game in the normal fashion.

If they did something like this I Imagine PD would feel like they're undermining the gameplay experience.

Paying NOT to have fun? NEVER

It'd be paying not to have to grind boring races ad nauseum in case a random desirable car decides to pop up in the UCD.

That said... I wouldn't pay for it, either. Preferably, we can have a game set up similar to FM4, with Arcade Mode having nearly every car in the game already available to drive, stock. Leave GT Mode in for those of us who want to work our way up the ranks, as well as modify and customize cars. But for casual racing game players, it makes far more sense to have the all-access Arcade Mode.

Heck, lock a few of the hardest-to-win prize cars from Arcade Mode until they're won in GT Mode, sort of like how GT4's system worked.

But pay extra, actual money for this? Forget it!

Just make the grind less of a grind.
Payouts for arcade mode.
Does GT5 payout online. (I can't remember).
And the biggie, more Aspec events.

The grind is not a grind then.

The title of this topic should be: 'Would you pay to ruin the game in 2 weeks for yourself or not?'
It's too bad the topic creator doesn't know that yet...

Absolutely not, even knowing it's optional. I love unlocking stuff but it really feels kind of pointless when others simply bought it with real money. I don't think games should've ever gone with the "pay to unlock" system.

Heck, lock a few of the hardest-to-win prize cars from Arcade Mode until they're won in GT Mode, sort of like how GT4's system worked.

But pay extra, actual money for this? Forget it!
Yes, I would really like GT4's system. Get the car in GT Mode and it becomes available in Arcade Mode, the car is always stock and comes in all colours.
Also solves the issue of constantly having to change my "Favourite" cars so I can use them in Arcade Mode. (Yes, I just love to pick a random car (entirely stock) and drive with it in Arcade Mode).

I wouldn't but I don't see a problem if others had the option, they can play how they want

Just make the grind less of a grind.
Payouts for arcade mode.
Does GT5 payout online. (I can't remember).
And the biggie, more Aspec events.

The grind is not a grind then.

It's not just about grinding, it's about GT's arcady progression thing just being boring.

I want a simulator where the focus is just on the cars and racing. They could make it a separate mode. GT Mode for progression players, free mode for everything else.

The title of this topic should be: 'Would you pay to ruin the game in 2 weeks for yourself or not?'
It's too bad the topic creator doesn't know that yet...

The first 2 weeks are more ruined when you have to drive around in pointless races for credits.

How hard is it to simply not hit that 'unlock' button if you don't want to?

Seriously, the only thing ruined is some geeky ego in unlocking a pink and tan vyron, taking pics, and rushing online to share the huge victory.(in other words, it ruins nothing)

Funny thing is in the NFS most wanted thread everything is unlocked and people seem ok with that.

Over here the game is rubbish if it's all unlocked.

Sad times if unlocking the cars is the main focus of the game.

When people have legitimately unlocked the cars do they then sell the game?

Unlocking is stupid; if you have the ingame cash to buy a car, you should be able to buy it. Unlocking never used to be part of gaming, it was introduced as a crappy way of funneling players through the game in a certain way in absence of real progression.

Then again, if anyone has trouble earning ingame cash, I have no problem at all with them shelling out cash to gain some.

Funny (or probably not so funny) thing is that a lot of publishers are moving to F2P, so you will have to pay to unlock stuff regardless....

I'm not saying spend real money. Although if someone was prepared then that's ok.

Just a dealership for each manufacturer that's open for regular in game credits.
I wouldn't mind unlocking a " Unique Car " or 2 but nothing X1 special

I already hated this idea in BFBC2. Not sure if they apparently started with this.

Gran turismo is not one of those games where u can buy those quick passes to progress faster, like Bf3.
its a propper game, where it takes skill and dedication, its not fast paced but more strageic.
idk wanna spend 8 dollars to get a supercar bundle with Veyron, Gumpert, koenigsegg, etc.
i wanna earn it the propper way because psychologically and i think its been proven. people appreciate things way more if they earn it the hard way than actually been given it to u. if i did that bundle i would never use those cars as much as if i unlocked it by progression

Latest Posts

Back