Would you rather?

  • Thread starter Thread starter motortrend
  • 22,046 comments
  • 1,270,789 views
GT86. The ND looks too fussy and the 370Z is too old hat now.
 
Oh that's difficult... Only going for the ND in this instance because the pictured 86 has oddly small wheels.
 
Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ

pic-1.jpeg


Mazda MX5 ND

dubai-motor-show-2015-0A6A7232.jpg


Nissan 370z

22336-2011-Nissan-370Z.jpg

I do like the 86/BRZ, really do, but it'd have to be the ND MX-5 for me too. The MX-5 is back, in the sense that it harness the style and that small nimble size the original had, as the NC kind of lost that for me, just seemed a tad too bloated on all fronts. But the new ND looks fantastic, really smooth design.
 
For me it's a toss-up between the MX-5 and the 370Z but I do slightly prefer the 370Z.
 
I really don't like that generation Eclipse, so I'd take the FTO.
 
FTO because...
881.jpg


And I like to have something different from the amount of Eclipse owners here.

I really wish we got a FTO vs Eclipse Tsukuba Track battle, Lightweight N/A vs AWD Turbo and neither sold in the same country.
 
Always be the FTO for me, just look much better than the Eclipse in all it's iterations.
 
Last edited:
Eclipse, I actually think it's better looking than the FTO.

Cadillac CTS Wagon



or

Saab 9-5 SportKombi



I'd take the Saab, easily.

 
I'll take Joel over Vinny.

For those who didn't understand, i picked Saab over the Caddy.
 
If it was any other Saab apart from that pig ugly last gen 9-5 I would go with the sweede but CTS for me.
 
Modern Japanese Sports Cars - ND Miata, I like the styling the most and I find it to be the most interesting car of the 3 in general. The 370Z and GT86 now kinda bore me.

Mitsubishi Coupes - FTO!

Cadillac or Saab - Well, I suppose the Saab wagon.
 
Chrysler Imperial



or

Cadillac DeVille



Both of these FWD "luxury" barges are nothing more than depressing, but I'd pick the Caddy since it received better engine options.
 
Deville. Body proportions and engine are better. My Uncle had a that generation Fifth Ave and the model before that(rwd). Funny how the 300C wound up looking more like a descendant of 1985 Fifth Ave, than the 300M(with the Lamborghini cab-forward collaboration).
1985-chrysler-new-yorker-fifth-avenue-sedan-with-only-36000-original-miles--1.jpg

chry0209.jpg

300M.jpg
 
Volkswagen Phaeton W12



or

Audi A8 L



I choose the Phaeton. Much more forgotten, and looks classier as well.
 
A8.

Aston Martin Valkyrie
Aston_Martin-Valkyrie-2018-ig.jpg


vs

Mercedes-AMG Project ONE
image-uploaded-from-ios-34.jpg
 
Mitsubishi Eclipse

Cadillac CTS

Audi A8

Mercedes Project One
 
Project One.

Volvo S90



or

BMW 530i



I choose the Volvo, due to its cleaner, more modern design, and its irrepressible Swedish charm.
 
Back