WRC 7 Confirmed for September Release, Watch Exclusive New Trailer Right Here

• Thread starter er185es
  • 241 comments
Should probably elaborate my issues.

Wheel settings are default with assists off, it just feels like there’s a huge dead zone and whenever I go to counter steer or turn into corners it’s a really sharp movement in game when it should be a lot smoother. It’s particulary bad when countersteering. It literally drove me mad to the point of not even finishing a stage. Wheel is brand new and works fine on every other game so it isn’t the hardware. And to be honest it didn’t feel
Much better on the pad. Very hard to correct the car without it sharply going the other way.
I'm using a T300 and don't have any dead zone issues.

Had to turn the sensitivity for steering down a little, and turn down the force feedback, but apart from that I'm finding it ok.

It's certainly not brilliant FFB, but its acceptable on the T300.

Should probably elaborate my issues.

Wheel settings are default with assists off, it just feels like there’s a huge dead zone and whenever I go to counter steer or turn into corners it’s a really sharp movement in game when it should be a lot smoother. It’s particulary bad when countersteering. It literally drove me mad to the point of not even finishing a stage. Wheel is brand new and works fine on every other game so it isn’t the hardware. And to be honest it didn’t feel
Much better on the pad. Very hard to correct the car without it sharply going the other way.

I got the G920 wheel too and it felt a bit off at first too. After playing with the different settings ( I like how you can do that from the pauze menu ) I actually really like the handling. WRC 6 with the same wheel was horrendous , WRC 7 plays very well I think.

Preordered WRC7 on Amazon with $10 off for being a Prime member.

Might as well see what all the fuss is about sooner than later. Then I can make a good comparison between it, SLRE, and the DiRT series.

I never played a game from this developer. How are they in the post launch support? Honest answer please.

Some examples. Personally I think Blizzard Entertainment is one of the best post-launch support dev teams, often giving good content updates with free content. Turn 10 is so-so, sure they add payed DLC and free Forzathon content, but they never really improve the game itself (other than the eSports things in FM6 but that was only for their own benefit since it needed testing for in FM7). The worse of them all is Codemasters though, I like their games (I got Dirt Rally, F1 2016 and Dirt 4) but once a game is released you don't hear anything from them anymore. No DLC, no content update, barely a patch, that's it.

I never played a game from this developer. How are they in the post launch support? Honest answer please.

Some examples. Personally I think Blizzard Entertainment is one of the best post-launch support dev teams, often giving good content updates with free content. Turn 10 is so-so, sure they add payed DLC and free Forzathon content, but they never really improve the game itself (other than the eSports things in FM6 but that was only for their own benefit since it needed testing for in FM7). The worse of them all is Codemasters though, I like their games (I got Dirt Rally, F1 2016 and Dirt 4) but once a game is released you don't hear anything from them anymore. No DLC, no content update, barely a patch, that's it.
Actually Codemasters used to do reasonable DLC. Stuff like GRID 2 and DIRT 3 had some nice DLC additions.
DiRT Rally felt like constant DLC packs for those of us who bought Early Access on day 1, but after the actual launch it dried up indeed.

WRC 6 got three updates, mostly aimed at patching post launch.

No DLC.

I don't see what would need to be charged as DLC for a seasonal motorsport title in all honesty. Only support required post launch is bug-fixes for this type of racer, in my opinion anyway.

I don't see what would need to be charged as DLC for a seasonal motorsport title in all honesty. Only support required post launch is bug-fixes for this type of racer, in my opinion anyway.
The 911 will most likely be charged DLC, they did that last year with the WRC Yaris

Free if you pre order, charged DLC afterwards.

Started my WRC 2 career tonight and have just done my first epic stage on the Monte.

That's some of the best stage design I've seen in a rally title, utterly brilliant fun.

I've just realised the epic stage is actually all the other stages linked together run in reverse, having just done a full rally run on Monte.

Here have some renders guys from main menu :D - 10 included from the WRC class.
https://mega.nz/#!Vu5D0L6L!JQIBgzpGojxA7Mn4iJsRpudJfAFDFkynfs3xT0lYWWE

WRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship_20170917011626.jpg
WRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship_20170917011819.jpg
WRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship_20170917011828.jpg

@Furinkazen by "in reverse", do you mean that they are actually run backwards, or is it just the same stages put together in reverse order?

For Monte it seems we have SS1-2-3, and SS4 is 3-2-1 run backwards as one stage. I only noticed this as the famous section of eternal hairpins on the Monte on SS3 was on start of SS4, that same section was back in the PS3 days.

Got a courtesy refund off Microsoft for this. Very disappointed I could get my wheel settings to feel right. And hearing about the epic stages just being the same 3 re run I feel that is a bit cheeky.

The game looks suprisingly decent, I must say. Is it really worth the current asking price though?

Nearly finished my WRC-2 career, much more fun than the jWRC cars, and I've found that the AI balance across the career to be much improved on the last title.

In a great battle with Andreas Mikkelsen and Pontus Tidemand that will come down to the last Rally in Australia tonight. I like the text messages you get from other drivers that helps build it. Its a small thing, but it really makes me want to make sure Tidermand doesn't win the championship.

Nearly finished my WRC-2 career, much more fun than the jWRC cars, and I've found that the AI balance across the career to be much improved on the last title.

In a great battle with Andreas Mikkelsen and Pontus Tidemand that will come down to the last Rally in Australia tonight. I like the text messages you get from other drivers that helps build it. Its a small thing, but it really makes me want to make sure Tidermand doesn't win the championship.

What difficulty are you on? The next-to-last-one? Hard, I think it is?

I broke down and opened a Spain PSN account to get this 10 days early. Had a shakedown with Hotseat mode with six friends yesterday using the Dualshock 4. What an absolute blast! Won't be able to try it with my G29 until tomorrow...

Ooooh - to be clear you mean a local multiplayer hotseat mode yeah? What options are there, can you do just single stages or whole rallies?

Single stages OR whole rallies (I think - we did single stages - can't confirm whole rallies right now). There were seven of us. I'm pretty sure eight is the limit, but don't quote me. You add players and pick cars for each one. Then it shows the ghost of the fastest player as each one takes his turn, and shows standings at the end of the stage.

The most fun I've had gaming with friends since NHL '92!

I love how your teammates can essentially be pantomime villains if the game decides. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back