WRC 7 Confirmed for September Release, Watch Exclusive New Trailer Right Here

• Thread starter er185es
  • 241 comments
WRC: Ford Fiesta RS WRC (380hp & 300hp wariant), Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC, Citroen C3 WRC, Toyota Yaris WRC, BMW MINI John Cooper Works WRC.
WRC 2: Ford Fiesta R5, Citroen DS3 R5, Skoda Fabia R5, Peugeot 208 R5, Peugeot 208 T16.
Junior WRC: Ford Fiesta R2
Bonus: VW Polo R WRC, Porsche 911 GT3 RS RGT (pre-order), Hyundai i20 WRC, Citreon DS3 WRC, Ford Fiesta RS WRC.

1. WRC 6 has 60 something stages with no repeated sections so I'm confident it's the same in wrc 7. It's the biggest strength of the wrc series of late. However most of the stages in wrc 7 are carried over and extended/improved from wrc6 rather than starting from scratch (which is only a "problem" if you've played the previous games)

Ah, I didn't know that, that is indeed a benefit for me as I haven't played 5 or 6. 👍

I would also add Gravel to that list

Thankfully it's not coming until next year........don't think I've ever been pleased that a game has been delayed before but my wallet really needs the relief :lol:

Forgot about the Isle of Man TT game, which I think is coming this year, that's another one.........there's worse dilemmas to have I suppose :)

Steam still haven't updated their store page with a price for this. However, Instant Gaming have it for £19.

WRC 3 is in-game.

Physics feel much more solid, brakes lock up easier. Collision detection still bit poor and on a pad, not impressed with default controls. Stage design excellent, sense of speed good but sure the speedometer isn't calibrated right, jumping from 0-80kph (at least with the 911).

Thoughts from the first hour with it.

Great video Scaff, I'm feeling similar at this point. I'll be getting a review out for the game but so far - great fun and shows just how much DiRT 4's track generator pales compared to real stages. Codies did do a great job with the first implementation of the tool but these stages are simply staggering. Locked 30FPS makes a big difference too, is it 60 on Pro?

Great video Scaff, I'm feeling similar at this point. I'll be getting a review out for the game but so far - great fun and shows just how much DiRT 4's track generator pales compared to real stages. Codies did do a great job with the first implementation of the tool but these stages are simply staggering. Locked 30FPS makes a big difference too, is it 60 on Pro?
Thanks.

Its still 30fps on the Pro I believe, but it does run very, very smoothly and has none of the screen tear issues of WRC 6. The particle effects also look excellent, and they have sorted out the night stages and rain, both of which were just horrendous in WRC 6. With rain in the middle of the day looking like it was night, and the cockpit cam was almost unusable at night in WRC 6.

Its going to be interesting to do side by sides on these areas, as it certainly seems to be a massive improvement.

Thanks.

Its still 30fps on the Pro I believe, but it does run very, very smoothly and has none of the screen tear issues of WRC 6. The particle effects also look excellent, and they have sorted out the night stages and rain, both of which were just horrendous in WRC 6. With rain in the middle of the day looking like it was night, and the cockpit cam was almost unusable at night in WRC 6.

Its going to be interesting to do side by sides on these areas, as it certainly seems to be a massive improvement.

It might be me but the frame rate overall feels slightly lower for me than 6 (but I am on a regular PS4). However frame rate drops are almost non-existant. Also nice touches like tyre bundles and fences falling over when clipped, I recall these being solid as a rock in 6.

It might be me but the frame rate overall feels slightly lower for me than 6 (but I am on a regular PS4). However frame rate drops are almost non-existant. Also nice touches like tyre bundles and fences falling over when clipped, I recall these being solid as a rock in 6.

Your eyes are not deceiving you. WRC 6 was not locked, so it ran above 30fps with frequent dips below 30fps. WRC 7 is locked at 30fps so it will definitely seem to be a lower fps than its predecessor, the advantage being that there are no frame drops or screen tearing anymore (according to Kylotonn). XBox and PS4 are both locked at 30, including the Pro.

Also just noticed - destructible tree's around the stages and off track resets are much less frequent.

I might just hold off this now with PCars2 coming next week watching the reviews come in. It is on my radar to buy but I tried and tried WRC6 but the co-driver calls shouting 'BRAKE' out of nowhere (far too early) etc etc annoyed me slightly and still there and I agree with @MildAshers I could not find a sweet spot in the wheel or controller. It does look nice with the graphics improved and screen tearing gone now, but I also see many things in the videos that are still there that I didn't get on with in WRC6.

I will more than likely buy this but it will be towards the end of the year. I look forward to seeing more feedback and reviews on it but for the time being I will carry on with Dirt4 & Rally & SLR Evo 👍

@torque99 Co-driver in WRC 7 still shouts sometimes BRAKE (and one other word which I forgot) out of nowhere in completely different tone of voice than the pacenotes. Really breaking the immersion :lol:

I really like the game. (Ps4 Pro)
The stages and physics is fantastic
I think it works great with a wheel (T300, 540dg rotation).
One thing I am a little dissapointed with is the force feedback, it lacks detail.

xXJojjeXx

WRC 3 is in-game.

Physics feel much more solid, brakes lock up easier. Collision detection still bit poor and on a pad, not impressed with default controls. Stage design excellent, sense of speed good but sure the speedometer isn't calibrated right, jumping from 0-80kph (at least with the 911).

Is it possible to re-map the buttons on a controller?

Yes it is possible, but the icons in menu stays the same - for example after winning a stage you can skip the little animation of car driving on a stage with triangle. I changed the button that was signed to triangle to dpad up, so now I have to skip with dpad up, while it still shows "press and hold triangle to skip".

Should probably elaborate my issues.

Wheel settings are default with assists off, it just feels like there’s a huge dead zone and whenever I go to counter steer or turn into corners it’s a really sharp movement in game when it should be a lot smoother. It’s particulary bad when countersteering. It literally drove me mad to the point of not even finishing a stage. Wheel is brand new and works fine on every other game so it isn’t the hardware. And to be honest it didn’t feel
Much better on the pad. Very hard to correct the car without it sharply going the other way.

Back