WRC 7 Confirmed for September Release, Watch Exclusive New Trailer Right Here

• Thread starter er185es
  • 241 comments
Is it me, or is it impossible to lock the brakes even on Simulation?
I've not locked them yet that I can recall, straight line braking is the main weak point in the physics in my view.

However in terms of an overall physics package I would put it between Dirt Rally and Dirt 4, it does far more right than wrong and doesn't have any of the seriously annoying issues that Dirt 4 has.

What I do like about it (and it shares this trait with SLRE and Dirt Rally) is that that you can't just go full throttle and have to find the balance between pace and outright speed. So it eggs you on to push that little bit harder, Dirt 4 lost that and certainly none of the past WRC titles had it.

A question to those who got the game on PS4/XOne: Can you map the accelerate/brake to the buttons instead of triggers? Thanks in advance.

Single stages OR whole rallies (I think - we did single stages - can't confirm whole rallies right now). There were seven of us. I'm pretty sure eight is the limit, but don't quote me. You add players and pick cars for each one. Then it shows the ghost of the fastest player as each one takes his turn, and shows standings at the end of the stage.

The most fun I've had gaming with friends since NHL '92!

Cheers - I'd appreciate it if you could confirm whether it's single stages or rallies when you can :) It's a small thing, and usually I'm not big on needing every local multiplayer feature from the past resurrected, but I remember the WRC games on the PS2 having a hotseat/pass-and-play mode, and having a lot of fun with that (they even let you do whole championships if I remember correctly!), so this would be a cool throwback. 👍

Cheers - I'd appreciate it if you could confirm whether it's single stages or rallies when you can :) It's a small thing, and usually I'm not big on needing every local multiplayer feature from the past resurrected, but I remember the WRC games on the PS2 having a hotseat/pass-and-play mode, and having a lot of fun with that (they even let you do whole championships if I remember correctly!), so this would be a cool throwback. 👍

Just checked. Sorry, no complete rallies. Only one stage at a time.

I'm such an idiot - I've only got PCARS2 arriving imminently, but I saw an eBay listing for WRC today, got tempted and nabbed it for £35. It'll probably arrive this week too - my free time is rapidly dwindling, in addition to my money :lol: I knew though that I'd be happy to pick this up with a bit of a discount after reading the good impressions/info from you guys, so it's all your fault many thanks for that. :P :cheers:

I'm such an idiot - I've only got PCARS2 arriving imminently, but I saw an eBay listing for WRC today, got tempted and nabbed it for £35. It'll probably arrive this week too - my free time is rapidly dwindling, in addition to my money :lol: I knew though that I'd be happy to pick this up with a bit of a discount after reading the good impressions/info from you guys, so it's all your fault many thanks for that. :P :cheers:
I know the feeling.

This month its Baja HD, WRC 7 and PCars 2. Next month it was just going to be GTS, but then I found out that Spintires Mudrunner is out at the end of October.

Question; does this game allow for shifting customization? I'm looking to see if I can remap my G27 shifter to sequential in the options similar to the DiRT series. I don't want to use the paddles.

The weekly events are great. Does anyone know where to find a points breakdown of how it works?

So far, I've had 1000 points from each of the 2 events so far (not tried this week's yet).

The weekly events are great. Does anyone know where to find a points breakdown of how it works?

So far, I've had 1000 points from each of the 2 events so far (not tried this week's yet).

It's misleading how they talk about points, because the weekly events are supposed to be based on points, not time. At least that's how it worked in WRC 6. The points you are getting are for your driver badge, not the weekly event. I suppose that for some reason they haven't implemented the points ranking system on the weekly events yet. In WRC 6 it worked like this: You start with 5 million points and they begin deducting for stage time once you leave the start gate. They usually throw in modifiers, for example disabling the handbrake, or turning off the copilot. Sometimes they add additional points penalties for drifting, or for going off track. It keeps the events fresh by presenting you with different driving challenges. The first run nets you the most points. Each subsequent run will see your points deducted at a more rapid pace as you run the stage.

But it seems they haven't implemented that yet, so the first two events look like they are purely based on stage time.

It's misleading how they talk about points, because the weekly events are supposed to be based on points, not time. At least that's how it worked in WRC 6. The points you are getting are for your driver badge, not the weekly event. I suppose that for some reason they haven't implemented the points ranking system on the weekly events yet. In WRC 6 it worked like this: You start with 5 million points and they begin deducting for stage time once you leave the start gate. They usually throw in modifiers, for example disabling the handbrake, or turning off the copilot. Sometimes they add additional points penalties for drifting, or for going off track. It keeps the events fresh by presenting you with different driving challenges. The first run nets you the most points. Each subsequent run will see your points deducted at a more rapid pace as you run the stage.

But it seems they haven't implemented that yet, so the first two events look like they are purely based on stage time.
Okay, I think I get it now. :lol: Cheers! :D

WRC 7 is a racing game I actually prefer with a pad, my wheel is fine but with the spot on controller settings it seems a waste to not take advantage!

WRC 7 is a racing game I actually prefer with a pad, my wheel is fine but with the spot on controller settings it seems a waste to not take advantage!

Agreed, the pad control is sublime. But I still prefer it with the wheel. It's so immersive and fun.

The game finally arrived this evening just as I start my work week tomorrow. :indiff: Won't get another chance to play until this upcoming Monday, though I did manage to try the two introductory stages that determine your skill level.

My first impression using the G29 on default settings, the cars seemed very weighty and full of mass which is the complete opposite of DiRT Rally. I like the handling, but it'll take some getting used to. The graphics and sounds are good, and I don't really mind the codriver after all. Looking forward to giving this game some play time. 👍

I'm the occasional driver and bought WRC 7 the week is was released for my PS4. I only have a DS4 controller for the PS4 so this the only option I have to run the game. I have Dirt rally as well on the PS4 and little by little I managed to go fast and stay on the road.
But for this game it is really hard to stay on the road. I just managed to finish the junior championship, and I will start WRC2 career now. Just did a test on Corsica, the road is so bumpy and the steering doesn't feel natural. It's hard to describe it properly.
Does somebody maybe have some tips to setup the DS4 controller for this game?
I already set deadzone to 0% and saw that the steering sensitivity was 40% which was too high for me. So I setup 15% which was a lot better, but still the car is steering behaving very strange, not sure how to explain... Maybe it is more a setup problem of the car? I usually don't play with this, how do you folks think the standard setups work?

So any tips are welcome, just to get some confident driving, so I can buildup speed.

Does it support motion control steering like GT Sport does? That must be really handy for a rally game with a controller and I might pick it up then.

Does anyone know how the eSports badges work? I've been competing in the weekly challenges but haven't earned one yet.

Is this a separate event?

Back