WRC 8: General Discussion (Release: september 2019)

Another run. This time taken from career mode in JWRC on Ouninpohja in Finland.
Yes I'm rubbish I know. :D

The weather definitely worsens on this stage. The puddles can really hurt you if you're not careful with them.

The fear of dynamic weather being overused was definitely just a fear, it's done very well and feels very natural and realistic so far. Adds a great element to the racing.

I've really been eyeing this game, but I'm very cautious. How does it feel? I'm not a huge fan of games where it's like you're floating along and with how the camera moves it gives off that feel at least visually.

I've really been eyeing this game, but I'm very cautious. How does it feel? I'm not a huge fan of games where it's like you're floating along and with how the camera moves it gives off that feel at least visually.

Handles very nicely. Cars feel nice and planted. The cameras can be edited to a very high degree to get something comfortable as well if needed. I found lowering the dynamic chase cam with a touch of zoom and turning the shake off gave me a good feel from the visual side.

Anyone use a G29 with this game ? I came across a few comments on wrcthegame Instagram where people are saying they have problems with a G29. They don't elaborate and English is certainly not their native language so asking them won't help lol.

I use and old Driving Force GT with an adapter that I believe tricks the PS4 into thinking it's a G29, at least it does on GTS. It would really suck if I can't use my wheel.

Still can’t decide if I should cancel my Amazon order and just get the digital bonus with early access. At least I’ll be able to try this on Monday with DD vs waiting until the end of the month...

Anyone use a G29 with this game ? I came across a few comments on wrcthegame Instagram where people are saying they have problems with a G29. They don't elaborate and English is certainly not their native language so asking them won't help lol.

I use and old Driving Force GT with an adapter that I believe tricks the PS4 into thinking it's a G29, at least it does on GTS. It would really suck if I can't use my wheel.

I use a G29 and so far I've not had any issues with WRC 8, but I've only had about 3 - 4 hours in the game.

I couldn't say whether or not you'll have issues with your driving force GT and adapter, but the G29 seems fine at the moment.

I use a G29 and so far I've not had any issues with WRC 8, but I've only had about 3 - 4 hours in the game.

I couldn't say whether or not you'll have issues with your driving force GT and adapter, but the G29 seems fine at the moment.

Phew, had me worried for a moment. One of the guy also replied to me and said his problem was solved, so I assume he just had to tweak his wheel settings.

At the same time, I am aware I am using a old wheel that not compatible with the PS4, so I am always worried about having issues with a new game. That comes with the territory of being a cheapskate recycling his 11 year old wheel instead of buying a new one :lol:

So far the only game I had issues with was Wreckfest, but luckily I don't like using a wheel with that game anyways.

Finally up on EGS. Problem is I can't buy it untill tomorrow. It's US$12.99 in my Argentine EGS account, but alas I am in Las Vegas. Leaving today, so tomorrow I'll buy it once I arrive in Argentina.

Finally up on EGS. Problem is I can't buy it untill tomorrow. It's US$12.99 in my Argentine EGS account, but alas I am in Las Vegas. Leaving today, so tomorrow I'll buy it once I arrive in Argentina.

$12.99!?! What do people have to complain about then? It would certainly be worth every penny at that price.

How does it compare to Dirt Rally 2.0? DR didn’t really do it for me, so I’m reluctant to pick this up, maybe rally games just aren’t for me.

$12.99!?! What do people have to complain about then? It would certainly be worth every penny at that price.

Yeah, that's the benefit of PC gaming. Regional pricing. We got first world problems up here in USA, and down in Argentina we got third world bennies.

The Deluxe Edition on Argentina PSN is $72 bucks.

z0xv52.png

Here's that peculiar Subaru van.

Last edited:
It's likely to be a nod to Subaru's heritage in the WRC that the game designers decided to put there as a mark of respect.

Possibly but to have their name in the game would require some kind of licensing at the very least. I don't see their name in the licensing credits.

Either it's that or they planned to have Subaru in the game. Or it's a teaser for future plans. Who knows?

Got the disc version for PS4. 7.8 GB day one patch. Trying out the unpatched version anyway :D Impossible to play :boggled::lol: Need to be patient and wait for the update....

WRC account on Twitter said they had currently no plans for DLC!

Last edited:
It does? where? Maybe I'm going blind in my advancing years, but I can't find it.

Edited to add - I like the idea of subforums for specific driving disciplines.

It’s actually a sub sub forum.

Go to ‘Console and PC Gaming’ then ‘Other Games’. There’s a few games hidden there.

This would be a good place for the WRC series I think.

As said, I am still on the unpatched version, which looks rough and is pretty buggy (wheel disconnects, AI at alien speed even at easy, rough textures and options missing in menu's. Just to name a few), there is one thing I noticed and that is how very well that handbrake works! I assigned the R2 button and the tight hairpins work bloody amazing with the handbrake!

Will give it a serious go this weekend since I need to wait for the patch to finish and that takes TIME with my slow connection ....

Last edited:
Back