WRC 8: General Discussion (Release: september 2019)

Got the disc version for PS4. 7.8 GB day one patch. Trying out the unpatched version anyway :D Impossible to play :boggled::lol: Need to be patient and wait for the update....

WRC account on Twitter said they had currently no plans for DLC!

I think instead they will deliver DLCs, they are just smart enough to avoid announcing it at the release date.

I believe we will get the Deluxe content plus some iconic cars from vrally4.

I've just had a historic rally in Portugal using the Alpine A110, and the have done a fantastic job with the car and the improved physics really since with it.

Tail happy but easily gathered up meaning you are always working the wheel, with the light weight of the car really getting affected by the bumpy nature of the Portuguese stage.

Strongly recommended it as a combo.

So, while fiddling around in the Test Area I somehow made it out of bounds. Then, when speeding across the (rather blurry textured) out-of-bounds valleys I hit some sweet air and flipped. Reset back to the track and then my method to break out of bounds didn't work ever again.

Kinda bummed out since getting huge airtime was kinda neat. So was travelling through the lakes. I can see why the reset is so strict here though, jeez, a lot of stuff you definitely wouldn't want a player to see. :D

z0xv52.png

Here's that peculiar Subaru van.
Dont Subaru sponsor Dirt Fish through The ARC.Higgins does promotional work here for Subaru also.

Dont Subaru sponsor Dirt Fish through The ARC.Higgins does promotional work here for Subaru also.

None of which has any bearing in WRC8.

Just a fluke, unless they were planning to have a classic Impreza.

Update finished and gave it a quick go with the controller this morning. Now that is more like it. I am on version 1.02 and everything seems to work correctly besides a few replay glitches.

WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship_20190906082345.png

Means I can finally give the carreer a go this evening :D

btw first trophy I unlocked yesterday was that "Threat to public" trophy due to a wheel disconnect which caused me (unvoluntary) trying to wipe out a couple of marshalls :lol:

Last edited:
Hello,

I have a PS4 with thustmaster wheel T300RS, shifter TH8a and Handbrake sparco mod. Only with WRC8 I have a problem with handbrake, which doesn't work in "handbrake mode" and only works in "sequential mode". The problem is that in "sequential mode" every time I use the handbrake it also shift the gear. Example I'm in gear 1, I push handbrake and, at the same time, it goes on gear 2, so the car will restart slower after the turn...
It is very frustrating, also because firmware are all updated (wheel+shifter+handbrake) and handbrake is perfectly working on DIRT 2. Does anyone has the same issue? Is there a solution?

Hello,

I have a PS4 with thustmaster wheel T300RS, shifter TH8a and Handbrake sparco mod. Only with WRC8 I have a problem with handbrake, which doesn't work in "handbrake mode" and only works in "sequential mode". The problem is that in "sequential mode" every time I use the handbrake it also shift the gear. Example I'm in gear 1, I push handbrake and, at the same time, it goes on gear 2, so the car will restart slower after the turn...
It is very frustrating, also because firmware are all updated (wheel+shifter+handbrake) and handbrake is perfectly working on DIRT 2. Does anyone has the same issue? Is there a solution?

Seems you have a button misconfiguration somewhere. Check your button assignments if the handbrake button isn't already assigned to something else. Otherwise you have the option to create a new profile and apply every single button manually.

Hello,

I had a similar problem as I use 4th gear on my shifter as handbrake, had to unbind it from 4th as well as bind it to handbrake, once that was done it worked perfectly.

Seems you have a button misconfiguration somewhere. Check your button assignments if the handbrake button isn't already assigned to something else. Otherwise you have the option to create a new profile and apply every single button manually.
the handbrake botton is assigned to the circle, I tried to assigne it manually and, if handbrake is on "handbrake mode", the system doesn't recognize it, so nothing happen. only if I put it on "sequential mode" it's recognized by the system and start working, but with the same probelm, working at the same time as handbrake and shifter...

I had a similar problem as I use 4th gear on my shifter as handbrake, had to unbind it from 4th as well as bind it to handbrake, once that was done it worked perfectly.
sorry I don't understand. I use shifter in sequential mode and handbrake on "handbrake mode". Everything perfect on Dirt 2.0. What do you mean with unbind it?

sorry I don't understand. I use shifter in sequential mode and handbrake on "handbrake mode". Everything perfect on Dirt 2.0. What do you mean with unbind it?
Check all of the button settings, you will likely find that you have the same option set for both shifting and handbrake, you can let undo the one fir shifting and that may fix it.

Well so far for medium and perma crash...:dunce:

I will take it very simple since I really need to get used to the driving. I am nowhere near good enough for medium difficulty let alone perma crash :ouch::lol: Switched to easy AI and still having a tough time :embarrassed: Will take a couple of weeks to get up to speed 👍 or not :P

The way the calendar is set up is very well done. The different events to vary the playthrough is excellent. Did 2 trainingsessions, one extreme event and one stage in Sweden. Very immersive those 30 minutes.

Set FFB tot 85% and wheel angle to 580'. Using bonnetcam, since it gives the best overview for the stage imho. The feedback through the wheel is good, very good and you really can feel what the car is doing. Signed with WRC2 Volkswagen since Citroën offered me no contract, even though I am French :irked::lol:

Had a couple hours on this last night. Very impressed so far. Presentation is very slick, there appears to be an awful lot to do and it looks very nice on my 32:9 monitor with no apparent stretching at the side of the screen. Would have liked more camera adjustment options and a proper FOV slider as I can't quite get the dash or the cockpit camera to be correct for my setup. The wheel setup is very good will lots of options and my Fanatec DD1 is recognised without needing to be in CSW compatibility mode.

The physics and ffb seem to be a big improvement over WRC 7. I always felt with WRC 7 you could really throw the car around and recover pretty much anything unless you got really stupid. Now that wasn't necessarily a bad thing as it was very enjoyable but with 8 the handling is much more involved and you really have to think about how you position the car for upcoming corners and for the undulations in the terrain as these have a much bigger effect on the car. Also braking is much improved, if you lock the wheels there is very little you can do to affect the trajectory of the car until you ease off on braking and the wheels start to rotate again. FFB also feels better, this maybe as a result of the DD1 as I played WRC 7 with a CSW. I'm getting an awful lot through the steering wheel with everything communicated effectively and what feels to be correctly. It feels much more nuanced and I can even feel a little ffb kick on gear changes. And this is before messing with any settings so I assume I'll get it dialled in even better.

I really like the career mode. The varied events throughout the season are a nice change from hammering rally after rally. The team element and upgrade trees also appear to work well without being too taxing or complicated.

Early days but so far it's very promising.

My biggest gripe thus far, bear in mind I've yet to play the game, but from everything I've seen, why are the rallies in career mode only 4 stages long? Doesn't every rally in game have between 6-8 stages?

Now, I've only seen people play in Junior or WRC2 so maybe full WRC get's the full stages. Even that is dumb because don't WRC and Junior still race the full rally? Also I haven't seen anyone play on the hardest difficulty so maybe it's difficulty locked.

If it were up to me, I'd love 12-16 stage rallies by doing all available stages twice, maybe that's just me though.

Which is the default wheel rotation?
Usually i set 470 or 540 in rally games as i do not have an hand brake lever.

I Will get my copy in hours. Any advice on wheel set-up (t300 gte) is welcomed.

Apart from the Co-Driver and VR I think WRC8 might end up putting all of DR2 to shame!

I personally don't understand everyone's issue with the co-driver. Has anyone ever listened to onboard audio of a WRC co-driver? They speak through a mic and sound very robotic IRL. Personally I think they nailed it, it sounds like it's coming through a headset but it's still easier to understand than any co-driver I've ever listened to IRL. I actually listened to an onboard with Hayden Paddon this morning and with his co-drivers Kiwi accent I could not understand a word.

I personally don't understand everyone's issue with the co-driver. Has anyone ever listened to onboard audio of a WRC co-driver? They speak through a mic and sound very robotic IRL. Personally I think they nailed it, it sounds like it's coming through a headset but it's still easier to understand than any co-driver I've ever listened to IRL. I actually listened to an onboard with Hayden Paddon this morning and with his co-drivers Kiwi accent I could not understand a word.

The thing I like about the KT WRC games is that for the most part the notes are quite accurate.

I'm loving everything about WRC 8 apart from one thing: it crashes my Xbox One X completely. As in power off, goodbye. The game will stutter, freeze and then shutdown the console. Has happened at loading screens and whilst mid-stage. This needs to be fixed sharpish. Have emailed a support ticket to KT/BigBen.

My biggest gripe thus far, bear in mind I've yet to play the game, but from everything I've seen, why are the rallies in career mode only 4 stages long? Doesn't every rally in game have between 6-8 stages?

Now, I've only seen people play in Junior or WRC2 so maybe full WRC get's the full stages. Even that is dumb because don't WRC and Junior still race the full rally? Also I haven't seen anyone play on the hardest difficulty so maybe it's difficulty locked.

If it were up to me, I'd love 12-16 stage rallies by doing all available stages twice, maybe that's just me though.

I think once you get to WRC the rallies get longer like in WRC7. 12+ would be a bit much but if each rally used every stage available then that would be fine.

Which is the default wheel rotation?
Usually i set 470 or 540 in rally games as i do not have an hand brake lever.

I Will get my copy in hours. Any advice on wheel set-up (t300 gte) is welcomed.

Standard it is set to 900 but it can be adjusted.

I don't know exactly the build up since I am at the beginning but intermediate to hard, let alone authentic, it is sheer impossible for me! I went to easy in JWRC and try intermediate in WRC2. I find it a hard game and it takes time to adapt and increase difficulty. At least for me that is.

I don't know exactly the build up since I am at the beginning but intermediate to hard, let alone authentic, it is sheer impossible for me! I went to easy in JWRC and try intermediate in WRC2. I find it a hard game and it takes time to adapt and increase difficulty. At least for me that is.

Is it just the AI times that change with the difficulty? Or does the car become more difficult to drive?

In a game like this I'd be fine with being at the bottom every rally until I improve. Grindy games like Wreckfest for example are games where I just want to win so I can unlock everything. Sport games I actually don't mind losing alot, it makes it more
realistic IMO. The problem with hard difficulties in a game like FIFA for example is the frustration of the AI playing 8x better than my team and doing stuff so much faster than I could.

That's why I love GT Sport, that constant quest to improve and get on the same level as the aliens. The thing I hate about GT Sport is other drivers, so I think WRC 8 will be perfect for me lol.

Is it just the AI times that change with the difficulty? Or does the car become more difficult to drive?

The car stays the same. You can turn on/off assists and difficulty applies to AI. For exemple I run easy AI but real damage. I switched off perma crash .

In the career you need to get objectives with every évent. Fail to get it and you can't develope your team and r&d. Another reason I put the career on easy/intermediate. I'll use the non team career to test out the harder difficulties but that'll take a while.

Latest Posts

Back