WRC 8: General Discussion (Release: september 2019)

How is the feeling on the wheel Scaff? Is it less "wobbly" than in 7?
Initial impression is that it's improved, but I've only had an hour with it so far and not dug into all of the options around steering set-up.

I also wonder about the team management. It is something that I am not that fond off. To much of a hassle. I want to drive not managing and contracting crew etc etc.
It does appear to be fairly detailed, however I do believe that you can run a season outside of career without team management, I've not yet had a chance to check that myself.

General impressions are very positive and the 2 years off have done wonders for Kylotonn. To bad there isn't a photomode but the replays are very much improved so I can live with that. I tend to have a weakness for the WRC2 machinery. Seems the most varied group as well. As for the historics, that is a bit of a letdown. I expected them to seriously add stuff but it looks like this part is a bit shallow without all the preordering and delux-ing :lol: Still I take that Stratos please :dunce:

How is the feeling on the wheel Scaff? Is it less "wobbly" than in 7?

Yeah this is something that I'm curious about as well. With WRC 7 on PS4 with a G29 I felt that there was a very noticeable lag between my steering input and the cars response which led to me wobbling down the straights. I adapted and worked round it, but it was a definite immersion breaker and made the game harder work that I feel it should have been.

If this is now sorted then it's a no question buy tonight when I get home. Otherwise I'll sit on it for a bit

Hell, Wreckfest, GRID, and WRC 8 all in the space of 2 months - any others I should consider while I'm hell bent on disposing of my disposable?

WRC 8 on Epic will have the RWD Legends pack free for a limited time, as a way to apologise for the delay.

unknown.png

Thanks to Stephen Bailey for the screenshot.

Where did you get it early? Looks like it's still 5th everywhere I can see.

Pre ordered the deluxe edition for early access. Also gives access to the bonus classics as well. PS Store had some money off for the deluxe so it was only a few pounds more than the standard.

I got my preorder in this weekend on the PS Store, but in North America we have to wait till the 10th. Hopefully youtubers can whet my appetite until then. I wonder if Jimmy B will do a video on it. He did for WRC 7 and seemed to really enjoy it.

Yesterday during a live stream of Georg Ortner who showed us great live footage of WRC8 one of the questions was if WRC8 will support external telemetry so it works with e.g. in my case SimHub and NLRv3.
I've asked that question via official way and it is confirmed that unfortunately also this time there will be no support for this feature. :mad:

I was messing around with this last night - yeah I know I said I'd wait, but curiosity got the better of me.

A back to back run with comparing 7 with 8 showed a massive improvement over WRC 7 in terms of handling and feedback. Slob Rally still has the edge IMO, but at first glance there doesn't seem to be much in it at all - it took very little effort to switch between the two, which bodes well for WRC 8

Graphically it's OK - it does the job and can look very convincing at times. However I would have preferred an option on the PS4 Pro to optimise framerate above all else for 60 FPS. That said the 30FPS appears to be rock solid, possibly helped with motion blur, and ultimately preferable to a hit and miss 60FPS.

I haven't tried career mode yet, but one of the things I'm not looking forward is this micro-management and upgrade-tree thing. Don't get me wrong, I know that a lot of people will love it, but it's just not my cup of tea at all. Still I'll give it a go, and if I do hate it as much as I think then I can always run the events standalone, which is mostly what I do on other racing games anyway.

One thing I will say is that the amount of content is unbelievable - it makes Codemasters' offerings look like very very poor value for money with all of their their extra cost DLCs, especially when you consider that Dirt Rally 2 cost more at release for the base version than WRC 8 does for the Deluxe version - at least in my location, and it's all there, it's not being drip fed to us over the course of several months.

All in all I'm very happy, but what I will say about my recent game acquisitions is that while WRC 8 is well on it's way to winning my head, Wreckfest has totally stolen my heart.

Has anyone got decent Wheel Settings yet on console for this?
Alan from VVV was running all FFB settings on 100, which is too heavy steering for me for a rally game.

Back