WRC 8: General Discussion (Release: september 2019)

I completed my first season at medium difficulty in WRC2: i won all the rallies except for Germany. Finished the season at level 20, i have gone very far in the performance part of r&d and the Polo was a joy to drive. Now i moved to WRC 2 pro with Ford M sport.

However i found WRC 2 way easier then junior wrc which i tried and finished third at medium..with tons of restarts, what a crappy car.

Just curious if anyone else has hit a point in their career where they don't get R&D points anymore? Seems like level 50 is the cap on XP, seemingly meaning no more R&D points.

Just curious if anyone else has hit a point in their career where they don't get R&D points anymore? Seems like level 50 is the cap on XP, seemingly meaning no more R&D points.

Yes! The game is currently levelcapped at 50. This means no more XP until they improve the cap. Also for r&d tree it is the same. I had contact with the devs about it last week since they were gathering issues since launch. I expect some decent patches in the weeks to come.

Really? Then It Is impossible to upgrade WRC Cars ... After the First WRC 2 season i am already at level 20. I will stop doing training to save xp for the WRC.

Really? Then It Is impossible to upgrade WRC Cars ... After the First WRC 2 season i am already at level 20. I will stop doing training to save xp for the WRC.

You keep your r&d points that are unlocked. Depends on the team which branches are filled up. However you can reset the r&d tree for 25.000 without losing any points you unlocked so far. Only thing that isn't possible anyway is to max out every branch of r&d .

Last edited:
You keep your r&d points that are y locked. Depends on the team which branches are filled up. However you can reset the r&d tree for 25.000 without losing any points u locked so far. Only thing that isn't possible anyway is to max out every branch of r&d .

How does the reset work? Never tried
Thx

The season objective is really unrealistic... Come-on top 3 in each of the 13 rallies means winning the title like a boss.
Tell me about it. Fluffed the final split on the 21km stage on Monte which left me 4th in the standings. Season Objective failed. Luckily my next event was a Manufacturer Challenge which i passed so i can now restart Monte with my new team, Ford. The 21km stage is a nightmare.
Also, any tips for controller steering settings. Despite tinkering i still can't get it to handle how i like...?

Tell me about it. Fluffed the final split on the 21km stage on Monte which left me 4th in the standings. Season Objective failed. Luckily my next event was a Manufacturer Challenge which i passed so i can now restart Monte with my new team, Ford. The 21km stage is a nightmare.

Know what you mean with the Monte epic stage. In WRC 2 class I finished 3rd on the first shorter stage then suffered crippling damage on the epic stage.

Couldn’t recover from the damage and limped to a poor finish overall. Tough stage.

I just finished my first WRC2 rally, Monte Carlo with my new team Skoda. Finished 2nd, it was really tough going, 1st was on the cards but then picked up a 9 second penalty going off the road in the Epic stage... then on the day 2 the weather man got it wrong, stated it was snowing so wet tires but actually it was dry...grrr. Anyway a hard fought second. But then what annoyed me was rather than my team being happy I managed to fail both the objectives, didn't earn 20k due to the level of damage & didn't drive without hard tires, yeah on the epic stage day I had to drive for 28 km and those hards were completely worn out at the end, what a stupid objective. So mixed feelings for me finishing 2nd for them on our first rally !!! I glad they haven't asked me for my thoughts !

Last edited:
Also noticed some of the team objectives are a bit curious..are they testing me, because what manufacturer would set up their driver to fail?

“Do not use hard tire compounds in the next rally”

Which of course the next rally is Corsica and one of the stages is epic length. How I managed to finish podium without killing myself or innocent fans is beyond belief.. I think the rear tires were down to 10 wear life :eek:

Still, the dynamic range of this game is really fantastic when it comes to tire and car wear. And of course the dynamic weather is awesome. 👍

Yes they are. Whatever tires are required will be selected otherwise you would have no chance of winning. Stupid !

Just played around in the test area with the Polo WRC and it's a great step up from WRC7.

One thing that really bothers me is that the FFB unloads too much when releasing the throttle. It messes with the feel to some degree. Is it possible to tweak?

Finally got my wheel settings sorted (T300). Co driver calls on late (wich is then early). So ready to start career...

Hey, any chance you could share your settings? After tinkering around my T300 feels better than initially, but it's still not totally right. Thanks a lot!

^These Objectives are really senseless.

Yes they are. Whatever tires are required will be selected otherwise you would have no chance of winning. Stupid !

At this point in the game I’ll assume I should stay away from Citroen and jump ship to another team. Now if other manufacturers give me nonsensical objectives then we likely have odd game design. Still fun for me either way. :)

Hey, any chance you could share your settings? After tinkering around my T300 feels better than initially, but it's still not totally right. Thanks a lot!
I can share my settings, no problem. Keeping in mind that ffb is very subjective and everybody likes it different. Thinking back to pcars 1,2 and asetto, most folks still looking for the holy grail on ffb settings. Will post settings when back home on saturday.

At this point in the game I’ll assume I should stay away from Citroen and jump ship to another team. Now if other manufacturers give me nonsensical objectives then we likely have odd game design. Still fun for me either way. :)

Sorry to break it to you but i also had "Don't use hard tyres for 2 rallies" with Ford when i joined them in WRC. I changed objective and took the hit on manufacturer relationship. There's no way i'm doing a SS and ES totalling 28km on Monte with soft tyres. Some of the objectives are mind boggling.

What happens if you fail the WRC objective?

I have failed several objectives in my Wrc2 private career and basically nothing happened.. Just a a small RC drop offset by the good results.

I can share my settings, no problem. Keeping in mind that ffb is very subjective and everybody likes it different. Thinking back to pcars 1,2 and asetto, most folks still looking for the holy grail on ffb settings. Will post settings when back home on saturday.

Thanks, very much appreciate!

The WRC career is very meaty 👍

• 14 rallies
  • 6 stages per rally with 2 epic stages per rally (up until now)
  • Many in between events
  • Here is where money is made and where you've got more objectives
  • Garages are different
Questions though:
  • What happens with all the money if you can't spend it?
  • XP gained in WRC is useless due to levelcap. Patch?
  • Team management becomes less of an issue since your team exists of 100 points plus personel and reduce all costs and predictions become pretty accurate. Further evolvement of tree and branches needed?
  • Expectations over coming months?
One issue I am having is that replays on epic stages don't work :boggled: Anyone else got this as well?

Last edited:
max wheel angle 540.
Steering saturation 60

Attachments

• IMG_20190921_201448.jpg
    IMG_20190921_201448.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 51
  • What happens with all the money if you can't spend it?
  • XP gained in WRC is useless due to levelcap. Patch?
  • Team management becomes less of an issue since your team exists of 100 points plus personel and reduce all costs and predictions become pretty accurate. Further evolvement of tree and branches needed?
  • Expectations over coming months?

Is it possible to fill all four branches? Have yet to progress very far, but I’m assuming not because of the limited R&D points/XP cap. Maybe they want you to use them where you and/or your team is weakest. Another decision inducing career tactic? Not sure yet. Keep us posted. :cheers:

I am enjoying it after a few hours on it and now tried most tracks and cars.

Edit: I managed to fix all frame rate issues by spending time tweaking lots of settings in game and it now runs butter smooth at fixed 60fps. Wow makes a big difference and what a great rally game.👍

Last edited:
Back