WRC 8: General Discussion (Release: september 2019)

Objectives need to be patched, clearly some are bugged.

Especially the medium term ones if you navigate the calendar and get too far in the future or the short ones established when you can't achieve It (earn 15k in a week and i had 4 straight training, rest or manufacter events... got failed before reaching the rally event)

Also several trophies are bugged,win for win on authentic.

Objectives need to be patched, clearly some are bugged.

Especially the medium term ones if you navigate the calendar and get too far in the future or the short ones established when you can't achieve It (earn 15k in a week and i had 4 straight training, rest or manufacter events... got failed before reaching the rally event).

I’ve noticed this too on WRC 2 and JWRC. ‘Participate in x number of training events in x number of weeks’ but there’s not enough (or no) training events available to schedule..

There is an option to change the objectives at WRC level but haven’t made it that far to try it out.

EDIT:

You can change objectives at WRC 2 level but it comes with a penalty to your manufacturer relationship.

What needs patched is accruing vehicle wear when participating in ‘extreme events’. These events seem totally unrelated to the Championship.

Last edited:
Here’s a screenshot of crew management. For the most part I understand its general functions and how to assemble a crew and maximize perks. The only thing I’m not understanding is the little colored triangles in the bottom right corner of each crew card. Any ideas?

Is gold the best, then purple, green, and white? That’s what I’m assuming

7A0F3955-57EC-45F8-A129-5C2755946D45.jpeg

Here’s a screenshot of crew management. For the most part I understand its general functions and how to assemble a crew and maximize perks. The only thing I’m not understanding is the little colored triangles in the bottom right corner of each crew card. Any ideas?

Is gold the best, then purple, green, and white? That’s what I’m assuming

View attachment 854519

Yes. The gold ones are the rarest and there is also a trophy for having 4 of them active at the same time.

Looks like WRC9 will need to add
3 more tracks next year: Japan, NZ, Kenya

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/wrc-australia-corsica-spain-2020/4548731/

unfortunately 3 leaving as well

Super news! You can notice very well the difference between the new rallies like Argentina and the ones carried from wrc7, so having 3 brand new is a very good news especially considering that Corsica and Australia are pretty bad visually.

Very happy for new Zealand being back, one of my favourites. Not only because there is nostalgia from Colin1 kicking-in but also because we need proper NZ stages after the poor dirt rally 2 attempt.

Raleigh (Australia) is much better done than the Turkish SSS. Better scale and speeds/grip closer to real life, although I did have to nerf myself quite a bit. Grip and acceleration are a bit OP in the game.

Next I am going to re-do some of the older SSS to see how they compare to both WRC 7 and real life taking into account the new physics. And if I get enough courage I'll even try Parque Temático. Been holding off on that one because it's going to be very tough to be within a few tenths of a real time on a nearly five-minute stage.

New patch incoming.

Hello everyone!
A new update for WRC 8 is now available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Please read the Patch Notes below to learn about its content.
Bug fixes
  • Fixed the issue where the pacenote timing was inverted.
  • Addition of meteorologist and engineer mistakes mails.
  • Fixed some crashs.
  • Fixed the “Race Master” Xbox Achievement and PlayStation Trophy.
  • Fixed the “WRC Champion” Xbox Achievement and PlayStation Trophy.
  • Fixed the British nationality name in the DriverCard.
  • Fixed the unorthodox path drones and helicopters could take.
  • Fixed the rear windscreen sticker location on the Legendary Volkswagen Polo R WRC.
  • Fixed the issue where the player’s WRC badge could not be displayed correctly.
  • Hard tyres are now forbidden in tryouts.
  • On Italy - Sardegna, the RedBull arch has been slightly moved to avoid aerial crashes.
  • The Interface has been polished.
  • The stages have been polished.
  • The water splash effects have been polished.
  • The Spectator Mode has been polished.
Career Mode
  • The user interface has been polished.
  • The Career Mode has been balanced.
  • Some Career objectives have been fixed.
  • Quick Play ghosts are no longer showed in Career Mode.
  • Difficulty can be change at the beginning of each new season, without restarting a career.
  • Manufacturer reputation for superior championships categories is now earned at the end of each rally and each season depending on the position.
Developers comment: Manufacturer reputation was previously earned only by completing Manufacturer events.
  • Difficulty of Extreme Events has been decreased
  • Starting value of manufacturer reputation and threshold of contract proposal has been tweak.

Good they decreased the Extreme Events difficulty level. I stopped trying them because it was becoming a futile head bashing experience.

Like how you can change the difficulty before each season now; sometimes Medium seems too easy, but maybe Hard is better..?

They also need to fix the manufacturer’s reputation screen; you can’t scroll down to see all of the WRC2 manufacturers, and I can’t even tell if rep is even available on JWRC it’s so far down the screen.

Otherwise game is going well.

Looks like it's a good time for me to have started playing this.

I've been pretty impressed so far -- the stages are a fantastic drive, the game operates smoothly, and the visuals are nicely done. The handling is not quite what I expect from a sim, but certainly more intuitive, dependable, and enjoyable than any Codemasters game I've played. The career mode seems kind of pointless, but I'll have to try sinking into it with the new changes.

Nice. Adjustable difficulty in career is very welcome as are the fixed objectives. Good stuff.

Had a mixed career, managed to get out of JWRC nice and quick. Spent a season in a WRC2 Hyundai before stepping into the WRC2 pro M sport Fiesta, 2 seasons with them coming 3rd and 7th before being offered the Citroen WRC drive. Despite winning rally Corsica they fired me after that rally, so 4 rallies in. Signed a new contract with Ford the following season in WRC and so far sitting 4th in the championship with 2 wins (Sweden and Chile)to my name having just completed Portugal.

Looks like a lot of fun, still haven’t been able to try it. Does anyone have any good settings for the Fanatec CSL PS4 for the PC version of the game??

First career rally in the WRC, with realistic damage.

Damn that was hard work.

Medium or Hard difficulty? I am using Hard with Realistic Damage. My pace is decent. I can get a podium once in a while. But financially it's really tough. I am be-bopping around between WRC2 and WRC2 Pro. I think the finances are tougher on Hard difficulty.

Got to WRC too with Ford M sport.
At medium difficulty i won both Monte (third in the Power stage) and Sweden (won also the Power stage).

I am facing some difficulties in managing damage accumulation, Power stages becomes really hard cause i arrive with a very worn car. All the points now going into reliability skills.

Another issue is that the next rally Is Mexico and i still have no maintainance events available. Not Even one from the start of the carreer.

Kind of funny that I spent about seven months thinking about whether I should get DR2 (I didn't really drive DR1 all that much, and I mainly do circuit racing), and then yesterday shelled out 49 euros more or less on a whim for this game instead.
Well, maybe not on a whim, because I read most of the posts in the thread here and then went to watch YT vids from Scaff, GamerMuscle and something-something-boy-here Mr. Broadbent. In fact, it was a rather well informed – albeit fast – decision. :D

And I'm happy to say I did not regret that decision. Took a bit of time to get everything dialled in, but once done it was a blast to drive. I'm usually a bit picky when it comes to ffb, but this actually – and surprisingly – felt really good. I could feel what the car was doing and it felt natural and intuitive. And really addictive!

There are a few things I'm wondering about though:
- Do you guys use a handbrake? I found I could take most of the big turns just "flicking" the wheel and use weight transfer to start a slide. But it would be nice to have a handbrake for the sharper turns. I tried using a button but it was too extreme (either completely off or full strength).
- How do you shift? At first I tried manual with H-pattern and clutch. But that was way too complicated; I have more that enough work to just keep the car on the road. For now I'm just using automatic.

Last edited:
- Do you guys use a handbrake?

I map the handbrake to fourth gear of my G29 shifter and use rubber bands so it rests in third gear.

- How do you shift?

Paddle shifters. WRC and WRC2 cars use sequential boxes in real life so you're just nerfing yourself with the H-pattern. But you could swap to the H-shifter for the other cars for immersion purposes if you like.

I map the handbrake to fourth gear of my G29 shifter and use rubber bands so it rests in third gear.
Not a bad idea. But now that I think about it I think I will try to do this mod from Amstudio:

...since I have all the necessary tools lying around, including a spare brake pedal and an Arduino Pro Micro chip.

Medium or Hard difficulty? I am using Hard with Realistic Damage. My pace is decent. I can get a podium once in a while. But financially it's really tough. I am be-bopping around between WRC2 and WRC2 Pro. I think the finances are tougher on Hard difficulty.
I'm running medium and its te accumulation of damage that's killed my first rally, Monte with snow on most stages and the ES being run twice (one of which was the Power Stage) broke me!

Kind of funny that I spent about seven months thinking about whether I should get DR2 (I didn't really drive DR1 all that much, and I mainly do circuit racing), and then yesterday shelled out 49 euros more or less on a whim for this game instead.
Well, maybe not on a whim, because I read most of the posts in the thread here and then went to watch YT vids from Scaff, GamerMuscle and something-something-boy-here Mr. Broadbent. In fact, it was a rather well informed – albeit fast – decision. :D

And I'm happy to say did I not regret that decision. Took a bit of time to get everything dialled in, but once done it was a blast to drive. I'm usually a bit picky when it comes to ffb, but this actually – and surprisingly – felt really good. I could feel what the car was doing and it felt natural and intuitive. And really addictive!

There are a few things I'm wondering about though:
- Do you guys use a handbrake? I found I could take most of the big turns just "flicking" the wheel and use weight transfer to start a slide. But it would be nice to have a handbrake for the sharper turns. I tried using a button but it was too extreme (either completely off or full strength).
- How do you shift? At first I tried manual with H-pattern and clutch. But that was way too complicated; I have more that enough work to just keep the car on the road. For now I'm just using automatic.
I use 4th gear on my shifter (Thrustmaster) for the handbrake and paddles for gears.

Annoying stuff in my WRC season. The finale standing for every rally (done first 4) is always the same. Tanak 2nd, Neville 3rd, ogier 4th. Always.

Latest Posts

Back