WRC 8: General Discussion (Release: september 2019)

@cjr3559 I have 2 rounds to go of WRC2 Pro, hopefully I will get a WRC offer... when do you get the chance to keep your skill tree, at the start of your new career ? I must have missed this when I graduated from JWRC..

@cjr3559 I have 2 rounds to go of WRC2 Pro, hopefully I will get a WRC offer... when do you get the chance to keep your skill tree, at the start of your new career ? I must have missed this when I graduated from JWRC..

I missed it too going from JWRC to WRC2. All of your R&D points carry over to the new team once you sign. My skill tree for the new team looked very similar to my old team except the new team’s area of focus was nearly full. I could redistribute to balance them out, but I’m happy with my current layout for now.

Well..i just tried again wrc7 with a wheel and adjusted the settings and ffb and using the hood or cockpit view i agree it feels pretty realistic. I was using the controller lately and 3rd person view and it's a different experience for sure. The ffb is pretty good, like on the TourdeCorse novella stage, on tarmac with all the ondulations you really feel so much the car suspension destabilizing while turning especially. Pretty thrilling and intense compared to a controller.
Only thing is theres like a laggy feel especially near centre of the steering that feels weird like its for a controller.

But fun to try push with a wheel and the ffb alot more, you feel when you're about to lose it. I dont know if novella is in wrc8. Also its alot more immersive in hood or cockpit view, those are my usual views but i don't know, i was feeling like it suited more this game in 3rd person, especially with a controller, maybe because u less notice the sensitivity.
Cheers.
Edit: big sale on wrc8 in N.A. on psn.

Last edited:
So far things aren’t going so great at the WRC level with Hyundai. Finished 10th at Monte Carlo though pulled out a second place at Sweden. Knew Mexico was going to be tough, and well it was. Finished last, and I’m teetering on getting released. Pulled ‘El Chocolate’ twice; once in each direction, got rain both times. Ugh. Well at least the weather forecasts were 100% correct!

I really envy the PC users. With 30FPS on PS4, Mexico is a jumpy choppy difficult to follow mess. Though I like the event, the rendering is not my favorite nor was it in WRC7. The 30FPS doesn’t do this game justice.

I really envy the PC users. With 30FPS on PS4, Mexico is a jumpy choppy difficult to follow mess. Though I like the event, the rendering is not my favorite nor was it in WRC7. The 30FPS doesn’t do this game justice
Is it about the same as wrc7 on standard ps4? It's ok in 3rd person but in hood view it's on the limit and does make your head tire from the lack of smoothness. I was going to get wrc8 as it's on sale, also dr2 although i just tried a demo on psn of dr2 and its not too conclusive for me for now.

I really envy the PC users. With 30FPS on PS4, Mexico is a jumpy choppy difficult to follow mess. Though I like the event, the rendering is not my favorite nor was it in WRC7. The 30FPS doesn’t do this game justice.

Couldn’t agree more. The game doesn’t look nearly as good as it should on PS4 imo. Watching Jimmy Broadbent playing on PC made me realize how much I’m missing out with the PS4 version of the game. It’s a shame cause the stages are well designed.

I read there is still laggy feel with a wheel like in wrc7. Many bugs still and not so optimized on std ps4.
I didn't see what is their support going to be on this, hope they will keep improve it for a while. Ill get it for sure but i might wait a little still.

Last edited:
More career progress:

Completed Corsica in 4th place with Hyundai WRC. Got fired post event. Luckily Ford and Toyota wanted my services so I signed with Ford. ‘Reliability’ is the team focus, and their Crew aspect is really lacking. So much that the team does not have a Financial Director position active unless I spend $25,000 to reset the R&D tree.

It would be nice when you get fired mid season and sign with another team, that you could continue the current calendar of events instead of starting all over again from the beginning of the season. Gives you some continuity rather than an abrupt reset. Though I can always use the practice at Monte Carlo, I wonder if I’ll ever see Argentina, Turkey, Germany, and Australia in a career season before I get fired again.

And finally, I’m a little concerned that weather conditions could be synced to difficulty. Hope not. Just seemed curious that the majority of the weather conditions with Hyundai were bleak before I got fired. With Ford the weather at Monte Carlo was all clear and dry, except for a wrong forecast of wet conditions when it didn’t materialize. Made Monte much easier the second time around with Ford except for wrong tires on day 2. Also, when I was dominating in WRC2 before I got promoted, the weather forecasts were always wrong making things more difficult than it should have been.

I tried again wrc7 in hood view with the controller. For me it really seems the best way. It looks great, controls great except for the usual twitchiness of a controller, feels realistic and solid physics.
I think I'd get wrc8 for the tv replays, as the ones in wrc7 are useless hehe.
Im surprised how nice it looks in hood view. Wrc8 is half price now on psn in N.A. tempting although i just binged on dr2 with most dlc lol. Im on an addicted roll for rally seems.:lol:
What is fun in the stages in wrc is they have alot of small jumps that make it challenging and feel the car alive.
Also i say controller because of the lag issue with a wheel in wrc7. Still not sure if they fixed this in wrc8. I wish they put out a demo of wrc8.
The controller is ok on dirt but on tarmac it's a little too twitchy especially in hood view unless with the front wheel drive cars.

Last edited:
I tried again wrc7 in hood view with the controller. For me it really seems the best way. It looks great, controls great except for the usual twitchiness of a controller, feels realistic and solid physics.
I think I'd get wrc8 for the tv replays, as the ones in wrc7 are useless hehe.
Im surprised how nice it looks in hood view. Wrc8 is half price now on psn in N.A. tempting although i just binged on dr2 with most dlc lol. Im on an addicted roll for rally seems.:lol:
What is fun in the stages in wrc is they have alot of small jumps that make it challenging and feel the car alive.
Also i say controller because of the lag issue with a wheel in wrc7. Still not sure if they fixed this in wrc8. I wish they put out a demo of wrc8.
The controller is ok on dirt but on tarmac it's a little too twitchy especially in hood view unless with the front wheel drive cars.

Hood view is my preference too.

And of the bumps in WRC7, (& 8). For me this is what brings it to another level, it really adds to the challenge. It's not enough to, (just!), learn all the corners of the stage, you now have to understand where all the bumps are as well & anticipate/understand how the car will behave over them. I love it.

Last edited:
Hood view is my preference too.

And of the bumps in WRC7, (& 8). For me this is what brings it to another level, it really adds to the challenge. It's not enough to, (just!), learn all the comers of the stage, you now have to understand where all the bumps are as well & anticipate/understand how the car will behave over them. I love it.
Yeah it's a fun challenge and keeps you thinking.

Figured out exactly what happens when you don’t have a Financial Director active in your crew. How about being 5th in the overall Championship standings and having a $-70,000 cash balance. Yep, the FD obviously helps in the money regard.

In retrospect I should have ‘Respecialized’ my R&D tree at the beginning of the season. Would have killed my balance out of the gate, but I’d be nowhere this deep into the red after four events. Looks like I’m going to get fired again. :lol:

Installed this game on my Alienware 15,i7,970m,16gb ram but it hammers the hell out of it.After hours of reading,tweaking it runs but the AW fans are loud though temps are ok.Running mostly low,medium settings to cure low fps,stuttering.Any help? Thanks.

I've got quite a few hours of WRC 8 in now and feel comfortable making an informed review (basically a comparison to Dirt Rally 2.0). Straight away, this game is heaps better than WRC 7 in almost every way. The physics model improvements were what I was most excited about and KT has finally delivered. Now with some practice and a decent wheel/pedals, you can actually do some proper controlled drifts/powerslides and precise low-speed donuts, which was damn near impossible in WRC 7. The one aspect of the game that still feels off is the steering and its adjustment. No matter what I change, it always feels a bit artificial/disconnected and muted compared to DR2.0, which has amazing steering feel and adjustment options. I will say that the FFB in WRC 8 is really good, especially on tarmac! Overall, I think driving the tarmac stages is better in WRC 8. The WRC 8 stage design is great as well, even better than DR2.0 imo. Although in WRC 8, there aren't many stages if you consider that each location is basically made up of only two stages that you reverse and/or stitch together (although some locations do come with a to-scale super special stage). Because of this, the stages get old very fast. I wish they would add some DLC follow up stages for each location. Sadly it doesn't look like they made any big steps with the audio, esp the engine noise. DR2.0 has much better audio imo. Another aspect that DR2.0 is clearly better is the crash/damage model. If you lose the rear or go off the road a bit in WRC 8 (and 7 for that matter), you basically just have to sit thru a very unrealistic roll/crash with no chance of recovering. In DR2.0 you can actually use driving skill to save the car and recover from a mistake in a much more realistic way. WRC 8 is still a very fun game and very challenging, but I ultimately think Dirt Rally 2.0 is a better all-around game. I keep finding myself going back to Dirt Rally 2.0, especially with the fortnightly DLC being released. The additional locations of Wales, Greece, and Finland are so much fun! I will still continue to play WRC 8 simply because it is a decent challenging game and I am a huge WRC fan.

Edit: Another point I forgot to mention that sets DR2.0 ahead of WRC 8 is the subtle differences between the individual cars. Each car has its own feel and personality in DR2.0, even between cars in the same class. All 4 WRC cars basically feel/sound exactly the same.

Last edited:
I've got quite a few hours of WRC 8 in now and feel comfortable making an informed review (basically a comparison to Dirt Rally 2.0). Straight away, this game is heaps better than WRC 7 in almost every way. The physics model improvements were what I was most excited about and KT has finally delivered. Now with some practice and a decent wheel/pedals, you can actually do some proper controlled drifts/powerslides and precise low-speed donuts, which was damn near impossible in WRC 7. The one aspect of the game that still feels off is the steering and its adjustment. No matter what I change, it always feels a bit artificial/disconnected and muted compared to DR2.0, which has amazing steering feel and adjustment options. I will say that the FFB in WRC 8 is really good, especially on tarmac! Overall, I think driving the tarmac stages is better in WRC 8. The WRC 8 stage design is great as well, even better than DR2.0 imo. Although in WRC 8, there aren't many stages if you consider that each location is basically made up of only two stages that you reverse and/or stitch together (although some locations do come with a to-scale super special stage). Because of this, the stages get old very fast. I wish they would add some DLC follow up stages for each location. Sadly it doesn't look like they made any big steps with the audio, esp the engine noise. DR2.0 has much better audio imo. Another aspect that DR2.0 is clearly better is the crash/damage model. If you lose the rear or go off the road a bit in WRC 8 (and 7 for that matter), you basically just have to sit thru a very unrealistic roll/crash with no chance of recovering. In DR2.0 you can actually use driving skill to save the car and recover from a mistake in a much more realistic way. WRC 8 is still a very fun game and very challenging, but I ultimately think Dirt Rally 2.0 is a better all-around game. I keep finding myself going back to Dirt Rally 2.0, especially with the fortnightly DLC being released. The additional locations of Wales, Greece, and Finland are so much fun! I will still continue to play WRC 8 simply because it is a decent challenging game and I am a huge WRC fan.

Seems very reasonnable view to me and i tend to agree on most points.
DR2.0 is terrific on my g29. I love just about all about it, from optimization to wheel feel to physics to sound to graphics mostly, to cockpit view feel, to replays, to different surfaces, and conditions, to total stages especially with all dlc, to all older diverse car models especially rwd, but even slower fwd like the ds21 are fun challenging to drive fast and feel good,to the more exciting faster cars, it's a joy and makes me giggle each time. Even the ds21 in wet tarmac feels perfect with subtle but natural feel thru the wheel.
Wrc is good and a nice road feel up to a point, ffb good but wheel control like a controller feel, vague and laggy especially in centre and low speed grip in wrc7 is suspect on dirt and in tarmac too high at any speed. Cars react quickly like rc cars a little. Physics are suspect when the car touches abrupt edges like curbs on tarmac like no suspension.
Wrc8 has career and dynamic weather but the rest seems lacking in comparison.
Also i read that 9 out of 14 rallies are reused from wrc 7.
But I'm still interested and I'm glad if it controls better, maybe it's good for relaxing with a controller.
DR2.0 is crazy thrilling and natural feel with a wheel in cockpit view. The replays are a joy with the suspension weight physics sound damage dirt build-up crashes graphics and smoothness, tv cams, controls for viewing slowmo or fast back etc,
Also i like the hardcore damage feel and look.
Just my view up to now, although i don't have still wrc8. Also although i like the stages in wrc7 and from what i saw of wrc8 but they do seem a little like dioramas or smaller scale than the real feel of place of dr2.

Last edited:
Just leave it here: Where are the holes in the 022 wheels? Are these Stratos gravel tires? Is it the cockpit of the new Fiesta? Lancia Fulvia with rear-wheel drive? Why does the car after starting the suspension start in the minimum body position?

I'm already silent about the fact that almost no wheels match the gravel specifications, except for the class WRC. The difference is only in the size of the wheel and the tread pattern.

Made it as far as Sardegna with Ford WRC and then got fired. I was 5th in the standings but was carrying a $115,000 budget deficit. :ouch:

Both Citroen and Toyota were interested in hiring me, but their objectives were more than I could likely handle even on medium difficulty. Citroen wanted 1st place finishes consistently, and Toyota wanted 3rd. At least Ford only wanted 5th place finishes and I could barely even manage that.

Figured I need to dial it back a notch until I improve so I signed with Skoda on WRC2 Pro. At least the schedule is different than the same ones I kept getting on WRC2 Pro with Citroen.

Had a look at modern wrc rallies on youtube, like Finland. Wow those cars sound like f1 almost, they really have high strung racing engines, i didn't realize how much, and seemed to me like street cars with 300 horses modified for the dirt. But you can see it's completely different beasts.
And Finland is crazy dangerous lol. These guys are nuts going insanely fast in curves sliding near trees and with jumps too.
Edit: i just noticed there is no replay on epic stages in wrc7? Is there in wrc8? That's pretty lame honestly.

Last edited:
Made it as far as Sardegna with Ford WRC and then got fired. I was 5th in the standings but was carrying a $115,000 budget deficit. :ouch:

Both Citroen and Toyota were interested in hiring me, but their objectives were more than I could likely handle even on medium difficulty. Citroen wanted 1st place finishes consistently, and Toyota wanted 3rd. At least Ford only wanted 5th place finishes and I could barely even manage that.

Figured I need to dial it back a notch until I improve so I signed with Skoda on WRC2 Pro. At least the schedule is different than the same ones I kept getting on WRC2 Pro with Citroen.

Apart from the fact that you probably have Turkey in the lineup ? Good luck with that ! It's temporarily stopped me playing the game its so hard :( However it's pushed me to play Project Cars 2 which, is surprisingly great to be honest.

Had a look at modern wrc rallies on youtube, like Finland. Wow those cars sound like f1 almost, they really have high strung racing engines, i didn't realize how much, and seemed to me like street cars with 300 horses modified for the dirt. But you can see it's completely different beasts.
And Finland is crazy dangerous lol. These guys are nuts going insanely fast in curves sliding near trees and with jumps too.
Edit: i just noticed there is no replay on epic stages in wrc7? Is there in wrc8? That's pretty lame honestly.

Sound like F1 ? No they don't they sound much better ! Don't remember not being able to watch ES replays in 7 ? You certainly can in 8

Apart from the fact that you probably have Turkey in the lineup ? Good luck with that ! It's temporarily stopped me playing the game its so hard :( However it's pushed me to play Project Cars 2 which, is surprisingly great to be honest.

Haven’t drawn Turkey yet. The game is waiting to boost my confidence and then smack me down with a DNF at Turkey most likely.. :lol:

I haven’t played PC2 in a while. I really do like that game and been thinking about firing it up again. My favorites are the vintage prototypes and tracks.

Haven’t drawn Turkey yet. The game is waiting to boost my confidence and then smack me down with a DNF at Turkey most likely.. :lol:

I haven’t played PC2 in a while. I really do like that game and been thinking about firing it up again. My favorites are the vintage prototypes and tracks.

So far I've played both Ginetta championships, Group A touring cars with the M3 & the RX Lites, my favourites have been the RX & Group A.
I'm glad I'm playing 2 years later now that all the bugs have been ironed out..

Last edited:
How do the physics, FFB and stages in WRC 8 compare to Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo?

I've heard some people say that SLRE was, at least at the time of release, some of the most realistic physics and stage design.

How do the physics, FFB and stages in WRC 8 compare to Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo?

I've heard some people say that SLRE was, at least at the time of release, some of the most realistic physics and stage design.

The stages in SLRE are real. The stages in WRC 8 are not. That said, both games have excellent stages. They are technical and challenging.

Physics-wise I still believe SLRE to be superior. FFB-wise I prefer WRC 8 (but be warned that WRC 8 needs lots of tweaking depending on which wheel you have).

WRC 8, SLRE and DiRT Rally 2.0 are all what I call sim-lites, which for me is a game with correct vehicle dynamics but lacking simulation value (simplistic tire models, simplistic suspension models, center pivot system, no tire pressure/temps, etc).

If I were to rate these three from most realistic to least realistic I would order them SLRE, WRC 8, DR2.0. That said, they're not too far from each other. All three are worth playing.

The stages in SLRE are real. The stages in WRC 8 are not. That said, both games have excellent stages. They are technical and challenging.

Physics-wise I still believe SLRE to be superior. FFB-wise I prefer WRC 8 (but be warned that WRC 8 needs lots of tweaking depending on which wheel you have).

WRC 8, SLRE and DiRT Rally 2.0 are all what I call sim-lites, which for me is a game with correct vehicle dynamics but lacking simulation value (simplistic tire models, simplistic suspension models, center pivot system, no tire pressure/temps, etc).

If I were to rate these three from most realistic to least realistic I would order them SLRE, WRC 8, DR2.0. That said, they're not too far from each other. All three are worth playing.

Thanks. This is very helpful.

Back