WRC 8: General Discussion (Release: september 2019)

Anyone know if there's a way to not need to keep the ds4 on when using a wheel on ps4 for wrc7?
It's really bothersome as it uses the controller battery for nothing.
Is wrc8 the same?
Also about wheel lag with the g29, in wrc7 it's unplayable honestly, anyone has verified if it's solved in wrc8?
And can you adjust the seat up in wrc8?
In 7 the cockpit is so obstrusive and high and i don't see any way to adjust it.

Edit: for the lag i set the rotation to the minimum, seems to minimize the problem, probably emulates a controller better. Also better in hood and cockpit view for less lag feel.

Last edited:
Anyone know if there's a way to not need to keep the ds4 on when using a wheel on ps4 for wrc7?
It's really bothersome as it uses the controller battery for nothing.
Is wrc8 the same?
Also about wheel lag with the g29, in wrc7 it's unplayable honestly, anyone has verified if it's solved in wrc8?
And can you adjust the seat up in wrc8?
In 7 the cockpit is so obstrusive and high and i don't see any way to adjust it.

You’ll need to turn off the DS4 in the PS4 settings menu. This applies to any games where you want to use the wheel and don’t need the controller.

8 is better than 7 in every respect. You can move the seat and adjust the FOV in 8.

You’ll need to turn off the DS4 in the PS4 settings menu. This applies to any games where you want to use the wheel and don’t need the controller.

8 is better than 7 in every respect. You can move the seat and adjust the FOV in 8.
Tks sir, but i don't have this issue with any other game. I always just off the controller before starting a game with the wheel and no problem.
Also i think wrc7 is just made with a controller in mind. And it's enjoyable with it. It's just annoying in comparison with a wheel. But glad if wrc8 is better.
Edit: i just tried off the controller in the ps4 menu and it's the same as turning it off using the controller to do it.
Edit2: still on the fence here to get wrc8, it's last day of discount on it. When i look at all videos of it it looks almost the same as wrc7 which is fun with a controller but it limits the satisfaction of control you can have since it's so sensitive. Also the controls are simpler, you can flick the joystick and make an apex with the car behaving too easily simply compared to a more realistic game it seems like dr2, to my view at least. And with a wheel it feels like a controller almost but with lag.
Also the replay with tv style cams look great except there seems to be obvious pop in of detail even more in wrc8 when it switches to the next cam. Im on std ps4. At least there is replay for epic stages as well i was told in wrc8, which wrc7 is missing. But the movement of the car seems looks worse in replay than in 7, i don't know.
the sound doesn't seem much better. And i still don't know if controls with a wheel are no more laggy, and or if with a controller it's smoother and less twitchy.
I don't mean to put the game down as i like wrc7 and I'm tempted really even if just with a controller as it will be a different satisfaction to dr2 with a wheel, for when i feel like.

Last edited:
Oh too bad I would have bought it... For me I'm only racing in VR now that I'm on PC.
It seems DR2.0 is my only option, although it's ridiculously expensive... To get all content (super deluxe edition), a sum of around 100$ is needed. Even on 50% sale, that is still very expensive. In comparison, a sum of 30$ is needed to get all WRC8 content (currently on sale for 21$ if I remember well).

Making some progress in career mode. Made it through Germany in WRC without getting fired. And barely holding 4th place in the championship.

This was the first run of the new Germany rally since WRC7, and it’s really good. It’d be nice to see some other locations get refreshed with some new routes eventually, like most of them..

The weather forecasts are still head scratching from time to time, but now suddenly all of the perks I’ve accumulated since the beginning of my playthrough are slowly disappearing, at a rate of 1 or 2 per rally. I probably had around 14 different perk cards at the max, and now I’m down to 4. Another ‘what gives?’ career mode mystery.

Missing WRC 8 PS4 disc now presumed dead.
After a extensive search locally and online no new information concerning KT's latest rally game has surfaced leading to the search being cancelled this morning.

Missing WRC 8 PS4 disc now presumed dead.
After a extensive search locally and online no new information concerning KT's latest rally game has surfaced leading to the search being cancelled this morning.

No way man you still not got this game, that sucks.

Got canned right before Australia. Was doing ok up until Germany/Turkey/Wales and then everything fell apart.

My performance at Germany wasn’t as good as I expected, Turkey was a disaster with the SSS stage being a complete and utter fail, Wales is always a pain, and it rained every day at Spain until the final day when it was too late to catch up.

Well, no shame, I started yet another season in career mode but now on ‘easy’ difficulty. Still have damage set for ‘realistic’ though. And so far Monte Carlo was a cakewalk. Won the entire rally by nearly 2 minutes.

It seems that difficulty may be tied to more than just the AI times. So far no extreme weather conditions, no night stages, and I didn’t pull two Epic stages either. Also my crew seems to have overall higher ratings, and the season objectives seem more realistic. Just what I’ve noticed.

Suffice to say, career mode on hard or authentic is brutally difficult. You’d better be the fastest driver in the world and make ZERO mistakes on the track and off. This game is unbelievably tough.

First five Rallies on ‘Easy’.

Is there a happy medium? Thinking not.

Damage is minimal even on Realistic, all the best crew members are readily available, I’ve got more money than I know what to do with, the AI is laughably slow, the weather is mainly clear and dry, there’s very few night stages, and the car drives like a dream and doesn’t deteriorate like it does on Medium.

If they want this game to have a satisfying offline career mode then something needs tweaked with the difficulty spikes.

The minute you start to falter in the standings it’s like an avalanche coming down on you. Even on Medium difficulty. And I can’t even imagine the disparity between Easy and Authentic difficulties. It’s ridiculous. :boggled:

B50B0E30-90E8-4160-864D-60C89B418930.jpeg

@cjr3559 I couldn't agree more about the difficulty disparity. I think the the difference between medium and hard is too wide. I struggle on hard but find medium too easy. As a consequence I haven't played for months now, got stuck on WRC2 Turkey & haven't played since. I will get back to it but playing on hard just isn't fun.. :(

Edit: Perhaps I need to learn to lose !!

Last edited:
Mmmm weird. I'm usually not that good in all racing games especially rally games.
However, I always like a challenge and like to start on that. So I started a career on Hard with damage one step below realistic (can't remember the name).
I won one rally out of 5 till now, ended up between second and fifth in the remaining ones and I'm now 2nd overall in the standings.
I expected to be wiped out, trailing minutes behind AI but I was within few seconds at most.
To be honest I didn't feel it's that hard on hard. Keep in my mind that I was on WRC Junior not the full fledged WRC cars, dunno if that makes any difference.

@MrCrynox @Georgeagea

I made it through JWRC & WRC2 relatively easily on Medium difficulty, but WRC was a different story. On top of the AI being faster, and including all of the other points I made, being unfamiliar with some of the new locations and being generally poor at Mexico, Wales and Argentina made it really tough to make it through a season without getting fired.

My point is the Easy difficulty is way too easy but you get seriously punished for poor to average performances. At the higher difficulty levels the game dishes out higher rates of inclement weather, night, and epic stages. Then it’s tougher to make money, meet objectives and keep your team morale high. Once you start to struggle in the least bit, you find yourself sinking hard and fast.

There’s no happy medium. Either you ace a certain difficulty level or find yourself going nowhere fast hoping to finish a season. I’m sure with enough playthroughs I’ll be able to succeed on Medium, but at this point it’s swim on Easy or sink on Medium.

Oh ok. Yeah I expected the class to be the difference. To be honest, with lack of VR support, my interest went down a bit.

I was doing a season not a career coz I don't want to be bothered with all that team management aspect of the game.
I will create a new season with WRC cars and see what I can do on Medium, I'll let you know how I suffer :-P.

I also disable any UI arrows going on (coz they distract me more than benefit me). I solely rely on the co-pilot and I love rally because of that. I hate doing many playthroughs or getting to memorize the stages, coz that becomes more like track racing, instead of a rally.

For all six people that might care, I believe this trophy is glitched. Pretty darn sure I completed at least 15 objectives in my recent WRC Championship.

0.1% seems really low for this achievement.

1861F2DA-FE27-45D2-87F9-98C96588EF4C.png

Started a new career last night after not playing for a while. No assists + sim damage but ai on medium. It’s good but I just wish the frame rate was better on my old ps4, I feel like this is more of a hardware issue than game issue though. Or maybe I am just used to GTS.

I do wish GTS had this level of customizable settings though, first thing I did was go to bumper cam and raise it to the max height.

The AI seems weak on pavement, but this is something I noticed in the Dirt games too.

Last edited:
Put some time back into this yesterday. Played for a good couple of hours, WRC2, Rally Turkey. It turns out I was on the wrong tyres, opted for hards yet everyone chose softs. Although the terrian is rough as hell the two stages in day one were below 10km combined so lesson learned there. Despite the weather forecast stating sunny conditions both started in full storm but cleared at the end. Came in third on both. Won the SSS in Marmaris on Day 2, now trialling 1.9s in third going into the final stage. Wish me luck, somehow I know I'm gonna need it !! :)

Edit:

I did it ! I finally finished Turkey, so happy to see the back of that, (did a little dance around the room :) ). Finished third in the PS which got me third overall at the end of the rally with one round to go, Rally Catalonia. I'm 5th in the championship but there are only a handful of points between 5th - 3rd, it's going to be tight, but Jan Kopecky is 2 points ahead of me but is the only one who has 2 rounds left so I'm sure he will deny me a spot on the podium. That's what happens when you get a retirement early in the season, my own fault :(

Last edited:
Picked this up on sale and I am really enjoying it on PS4 so far. The team management stuff is a little too much for me, but it’s a great addition for the most hardcore fans. The driving physics feel great (using controller), maybe not on the level of Dirt Rally 2.0, but a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. Get’s a bit tense when it’s raining on tarmac stages and you nail a puddle too fast. While a little rough looking at times, the graphics look decent but I feel like WRC7 was a better looking game, though maybe I just haven’t played that one in a while.

Overall, I like the game a lot if only because it has more stages than DR2.0 and it's fresh. I had a hell of a time on the super long stages with WRC cars, but it’s genuinely rewarding to make it through a 20km stage in one piece. 👍

Hi,
go the game recently, and graphycally is really good.
The forecast simulation is just mind blowing (never seen a so faithful recreation of the tree palm momevent under a tornado storm!!)!
The simulation of the water drops (in behind the car camera mode) is just as faitful as well.
The difficult (i play in medium + full damage) i find it quite unconsistent throughout the stages (above all the AI times), but it's a good challenge.

I'm not an RPG things like expert but i would like to know the different meanings of all the numbers ad icons on the crew cards.

Using a screen from a prev reply
7a0f3955-57ec-45f8-a129-5c2755946d45-jpeg.854519

Actually what i got from previous replies is (bottom right corner triangle color gold is best).

What is the meaning of round, lightbulb, share icon,puzzle,cube and numbers below abbreviation (sav, mon etc?),

and what abbreviation means (sorry for the silly question eheh).

No manual of the game exists.

There’s no meaning for the symbols, they are only for matching perks (once earned) between crew members. Nothing more.

As far as the abbreviations, I’ll try my best:

• REP = repair speed
  • REL = (repair) reliability
  • QUA = quality of events found
  • OPT = optimum something (I’m not entirely sure)
  • PER = car performance
  • PRE = weather prediction
  • FOR = crew form
  • SAV = cost savings
  • MON = money earned from events
Basically the higher the numbers, the better.

Oh, thank you for the explanation!

they are only for matching perks

That means that if I want to use the perk (after having obtained it),

i must have the matching combination of symbols of the active members crew currently active?

That means that if I want to use the perk (after having obtained it), i must have the matching combination of symbols of the active members crew currently active?

Exactly.

Use the perks wisely. You can only use them once until they become available again, and they’re not always easy to get.

@Tlen

Correction about a couple crew member 3-letter abbreviations.

OPT is experience gained
PER is chance for gaining perks

Both OPT and PER are Engineer traits.

Back