WRC 8: General Discussion (Release: september 2019)

@Pfei I've been watching a few of the thronefull guys videos too and I can see that compared to 7 the graphics/stages are much improved, they seem so packed full of detail and objects but the biggest improvement for me , (minus the co driver!), is the car sounds, particularly the WRC2 class. They sound correct, the same as watching the WRC on TV ! They all sound different to each other, even the anti lag sounds right. I can't wait to get my hands on this, it's looking quite special :)

I particularly like the Monte Carlo epic stage, wow.

It also looks like the low speed acceleration issues have been solved.

Free roam on the master map for each set of stages?!? Well 🤬, that changes everything. Free roam on narrow, gnarly, rally-worthy rural roads with simulation(-ish) handling would be a dream come true. 👍 👍

You can find two of those three things (or close enough) in other games, but never all three.

Free roam on the master map for each set of stages?!?

No, it's only Poland from WRC 7 updated to this roaming mode. I haven't heard anything about adding testing ground for the fourteen rallies on the 2019 calendar. Sorry to bust your bubble...

No, it's only Poland from WRC 7 updated to this roaming mode. I haven't heard anything about adding testing ground for the fourteen rallies on the 2019 calendar. Sorry to bust your bubble...
Huh. Thanks for the clarification. That's still a nice inclusion that beats having only a small proving ground.

That Throneful guy seems to be uploading a stage an hour, he started with Monte Carlo, then Sweden, now Mexico.......So it seems he could be uploading every stage in order :)

I love the fact WRC 8 is going to have nearly every stage available in reverse. Great way to expand the stage selection. Monte Carlo has 9 stages, Sweden has 8! Reverse circuits even in a game like GTS makes the circuit seem like a brand new track to me, so a reverse layout over a 6-14km rally stage I probably won't be able to tell it's the same. Add to that I've yet to play a WRC game so every stage will be brand new to me. Might put me at a disadvantage online though but oh well.

Last edited:
WRC 8 is now available in USA PS Store. $50 base, $60 Deluxe.

Checked it out. What is this bonus for preordering called ‘Main Theme’?

I’ll probably stick with the base digital game rather than the discs I like to get which usually take longer to get delivered through Amazon.

Meantime, if history proves itself, the classic cars have no value for me since the clutch didn’t work properly in VR4. Anyhoo

Checked it out. What is this bonus for preordering called ‘Main Theme’?

Sounds like a static theme for the XMB. I will likely end up getting it on Steam. Not only for the framerate, but also because racing games cost ten bucks in Argentina.

If PS4 Pro has a 60fps option I might get it on PlayStation to be with my friends (and add another Platinum to my trophy case :lol:).

Sounds like a static theme for the XMB. I will likely end up getting it on Steam. Not only for the framerate, but also because racing games cost ten bucks in Argentina.

If PS4 Pro has a 60fps option I might get it on PlayStation to be with my friends (and add another Platinum to my trophy case :lol:).

Yeah, the 30fps rate on consoles is a drag but I’ll wind up getting it anyway. It looks amazing on PC.

I was coming to tell the world the it finally appeared on the North American PS Store.....but @Pfei beat me to it.

I will pre order the base game for $CAD 66.69 (odd price really) as oppose to the Deluxe edition for 79.99 CAD, that's basically what any major new release cost in Canada. When you look at it they are basically charging 13$ more for the 3 classic cars and a experienced team in career mode, doesn't seem worth it to me.

I was coming to tell the world the it finally appeared on the North American PS Store.....but @Pfei beat me to it.

I will pre order the base game for $CAD 66.69 (odd price really) as oppose to the Deluxe edition for 79.99 CAD, that's basically what any major new release cost in Canada. When you look at it they are basically charging 13$ more for the 3 classic cars and a experienced team in career mode, doesn't seem worth it to me.

The Deluxe includes all five classic cars. It's just that only the Porsche and the Lancia will be available at launch.

Also, it looks like the Stratos and the Fulvia are part of the base game.

Consoles Europe: 5 Sept.
Consoles Americas: 10 Sept.
Steam Worldwide: 5 Sept. but not in store yet for some reason.
Switch: :confused:

Switch in October.

And scratch Steam. Looks like it will be on Epic Games Store:

Screenshot from 2019-08-14 16-53-29.png

Shame, really wanted this one on PC.

I'll get it, anyway. Maybe being new to PC gives me a different POV, but I don't really care where I buy it from. If it's as good as it looks I don't want to miss out, and also want to avoid the ridiculous 30fps decision on console.

Dynamic weather should make for some interesting stages. Really hope they nail the physics. Wrc 7 was a inprovement, hopefully they continue with the upward curve.

Did you watch the physics Dev Diary above? It's probably mostly marketing, but I found it interesting that he specifically mentioned that one of the things rewritten from scratch is the differentials. I always suspected that the diff modeling is what made low-speed acceleration a bit wonky in 7.

Latest Posts

Back