WRC 8: General Discussion (Release: september 2019)

Yep, got bumped to 19th overnight. Even with the easy 10 secs I could have had would have only been like 16th.

In WRC7 I only did 2 of them very seriously, got 11th both times, so just outside the points.

That's quite an achievement Mr Superfast, well done šŸ‘

Thanks, but it's still real far off the guys at the top...

I know I can't compete in general, but since I was so close to scoring a single point twice in WRC7 my goal is just to score a point once.

UK PSN sale started today includes Standard Edition at Ā£15.99 or Ā£13.49 with PS Plus. Sounds like a bargain! Up to 1 April, (fool? :sly:)

Deluxe Edition is Ā£29.99 or Ā£26.99 for PS Plus.

Is it worth the extra Ā£14?

I'll likely pick up the Standard Edition anyway at that price šŸ‘

UK PSN sale started today includes Standard Edition at Ā£15.99 or Ā£13.49 with PS Plus. Sounds like a bargain! Up to 1 April, (fool? :sly:)

Deluxe Edition is Ā£29.99 or Ā£26.99 for PS Plus.

Is it worth the extra Ā£14?

I'll likely pick up the Standard Edition anyway at that price šŸ‘

I'd say no. Plenty of content without the extra cars, also the only part they play within the career is sometimes one off extra drives in-between rounds.

No VR šŸ‘Ž

Screenshot_20200319-164224.png

3 new rallies: japan, new zealand, kenya. 2 redesigned environments.

Improved physics realism.
Special focus on sound..woohoo hehe.

Enhanced MORE challenging career lol.
From what i read of you guys here it seemed challenging enough.
15 bonus cars
Seems they have the license now for wrc10 and 11 until 2022.

3 new rallies: japan, new zealand, kenya. 2 redesigned environments.

Improved physics realism.
Special focus on sound..woohoo hehe.

Enhanced MORE challenging career lol.
From what i read of you guys here it seemed challenging enough.
15 bonus cars
Seems they have the license now for wrc10 and 11 until 2022.

Glad to hear theyā€™re sticking with the career mode, I liked it. Also looking forward to finally playing this properly at 60FPS.

Whilst I'm happy that another Rally game is coming out I hope it is different enough to 8 to make it worthwhile, I'm really surprised that it has come so soon I honestly thought it would be out next year. @Jtheripper yes WRC8 is certainly challenging enough at this rate we will all be playing on easy !!

I'm hoping for the return of custom championship including all cars, that would be nice. It would be great if the career mode was made even more in depth, perhaps a team management mode ?

What? What about the team management in WRC 8?

Sorry, what I meant to say was an additional mode where perhaps you don't even drive the car, just manage it, more in depth as a team boss ?

I don't know if that would be fun though !

Sorry, what I meant to say was an additional mode where perhaps you don't even drive the car, just manage it, more in depth as a team boss ?

I don't know if that would be fun though !

That would be a good side game: "M-Sport's Struggle to Survive Amid Rising Costs and Coronavirus Manager"

LOL

Still can not buy a new disc here in OZ,Online only from Amazon ($47) or used from eb games for $60.
Will now not buy any more KT/BigBen releases due to major tantrum.

Still can not buy a new disc here in OZ,Online only from Amazon ($47) or used from eb games for $60.
Will now not buy any more KT/BigBen releases due to major tantrum.

Mate I feel as if we need to help you with the next one, perhaps one of us can send a copy to you..

Mate I feel as if we need to help you with the next one, perhaps one of us can send a copy to you..
Thanks for the thought,If someone has a unwanted copy on PS4 disc we can sort something out after this CV thing has abated as I've gone into deep isolation off a island in my boat.(I liveaboard on a gaming yacht)
Cheers tunaphis.

Last edited:
Please for the love of god, don't make it Epic Store exclusive on PC.

Still haven't bought WRC 8 because of this (apparently coming to Steam in Sep 2020).

Anyone know if you can still map your thrustmaster shifter to being a handbrake (while in sequential mode and plugged into you're other PS4 USB) on WRC8? Did it with the last one but it kept wanting to make it R1 yesterday which is I think the left down shift?

Hello,

I have a PS4 with thustmaster wheel T300RS, shifter TH8a and Handbrake sparco mod. Only with WRC8 I have a problem with handbrake, which doesn't work in "handbrake mode" and only works in "sequential mode". The problem is that in "sequential mode" every time I use the handbrake it also shift the gear. Example I'm in gear 1, I push handbrake and, at the same time, it goes on gear 2, so the car will restart slower after the turn...
It is very frustrating, also because firmware are all updated (wheel+shifter+handbrake) and handbrake is perfectly working on DIRT 2. Does anyone has the same issue? Is there a solution?

Did you ever resolve this? I have the same problem it seems

I havenā€™t tried using the shifter as a handbrake since WRC7, but the only way it worked was leaving the shifter in H-pattern and assigning a gear to the handbrake (I used gear 4). This freed up the paddles for shifting.

It wasnā€™t ideal and the brake was not progressive so I only used it for standing starts.

I use a separate TSS handbrake now, so I am assuming WRC8 controls are the same as WRC7. So itā€™s probably not possible.

MORE:

I could be wrong about using the H-pattern as a brake in WRC7. Itā€™s been a while and I might be thinking of using this setting in SLRE. Sorry.

Last edited:
I havenā€™t tried using the shifter as a handbrake since WRC7, but the only way it worked was leaving the shifter in H-pattern and assigning a gear to the handbrake (I used gear 4). This freed up the paddles for shifting.

It wasnā€™t ideal and the brake was not progressive so I only used it for standing starts.

I use a separate TSS handbrake now, so I am assuming WRC8 controls are the same as WRC7. So itā€™s probably not possible.

MORE:

I could be wrong about using the H-pattern as a brake in WRC7. Itā€™s been a while and I might be thinking of using this setting in SLRE. Sorry.

I was able to get it to work whilst in sequential mode which was great because it flipped back into the centre itself so you could feather it etc. Looks like I'm screwed doing that with the sequel for some reason. You need to plug the shifter directly into a second usb on your ps pro. But for some reason on this it now seems tied to whatever I make the left shifter. Bummer!

I had been contemplating picking WRC8 up for a while and i have been holding off because i didnt think i would get round to playing it because of DiRT Rally 2. I decided to buy it earlier today and im annoyed i didnt get it earlier. The in depth career is great and way better than DR2's offering and im happy with the controller handling out of the box although i will investigate for better settings tomorrow.

The stages are nothing short of amazing and the physics are great. Even though they were widely regarded as good physics especcially on Tarmac, i was still a bit aprehensive as i had not played a bigben/KT since they had got the WRC license. The Graphics are what i would call satisfactory not DiRT Rally 2 standards although they do look beautiful at certain points, Sometimes they are a bit rough around the edges.

If KT can build on the great stages, Physics and Career mode and polish the graphical and audio side of things i think WRC 9 will be a winner.

Has anyone been able to decipher the FOV in this game?!
I want to set my correct FOV but can't find any info about what the default values mean in WRC8.

Has anyone been able to decipher the FOV in this game?!
I want to set my correct FOV but can't find any info about what the default values mean in WRC8.

Sadly, no. I randomly play around with the various views and settings until I find something thatā€™s comfortable. Cockpit cam is way too far back for my liking, so I use dash cam.

Iā€™m just happy we have some type of FOV option. Also, thank you to all devs that have a ā€˜turn off cockpit wheelā€™ setting.

Sadly, no. I randomly play around with the various views and settings until I find something thatā€™s comfortable. Cockpit cam is way too far back for my liking, so I use dash cam.

Iā€™m just happy we have some type of FOV option. Also, thank you to all devs that have a ā€˜turn off cockpit wheelā€™ setting.
yeah it's nice to have the option but it's not sufficient. We need to know somehow how it works; how to calculate it or at least what each value actuaally represents :nervous::banghead:

Hi guys,
Iā€™ve recently decided to pick up WRC 8 and give it a go - Iā€™d heard a lot of good things about its stages, physics etc so thought Iā€™d give it a shot.
Upon my first play however I find itā€™s undriveable for me with a T300 on PS4 - I feel absolutely nothing through the wheel and itā€™s just atrocious. Iā€™ve tried lots of different settings but none have been able to make any difference.
Was wondering if any of you guys could share your T300 settings for me to try?

Wrc9 1st gameplay video, not too convincing for me, just seems same, and flat track. No sim quality subtlety of handling and control with steering not needing constant little adjustments while racing, i don't know.
To me looks arcade too much still, only have wrc7 and find it fun of course with a controller and still waiting for a big discount on 8. I tried 7 with a wheel and it was more immersive and feel, but lag in steering.
Just hoping for bit more in control detail.

Latest Posts

Back