WRC 9 Coming in September 2020, Will Hit PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X Later

If anyone is using fanatec csl elite on Xbox I would love some help with the setting for FFB as I'm struggling to get a decent feel, using a controller it was great as it came but the wheel feels very sloppy with no real feel to it.

If anyone is using fanatec csl elite on Xbox I would love some help with the setting for FFB as I'm struggling to get a decent feel, using a controller it was great as it came but the wheel feels very sloppy with no real feel to it.

Default settings tend to be terrible in KT games. This is WRC 8, and a G29, but my explanations might help you setting up your own wheel. It took me hours to get this dialed in. One huge difference was when I set sensitivity to -1.

I will have a look tomorrow now,thanks for posting it ,i spent 3hours at it this evening and didn’t make much progress to be honest Cheers Antony

My copy is downloaded and ready to go, roll on midnight tomorrow.

It has a staggered release date! U.S release is the 4th or 8th of September depending on regular or deluxe.

*Strike from the records :)
Early review copy? I have Sept 4 deluxe and 8 regular.

Last edited:
Early review copy? I have Sept 4 deluxe and 8 regular.

Sept. 3rd is the official release date for the base version. However, in some regions, WRC games have had trouble with a global release. It's a recurring theme. At least you're getting it. I remember WRC II I had to order from Japan for the PS1 because it was never released in USA.

Can someone confirm whether Australia, Corsica and Spain are completely gone, or can you still play them as custom rallies? It seems a waste to just remove them.

Can someone confirm whether Australia, Corsica and Spain are completely gone, or can you still play them as custom rallies? It seems a waste to just remove them.
Can't confirm if they are in or out until I get hands-on at midnight, however you have to consider that they can't just include them because they were in last years title. They may well be limited by both the FIA or the events themselves, as licences have to be renewed for each new title that gets put out. As they hold the FIA licence for the WRC then locations in the official calendar are likely to be automatic, but those which are not would need to be agreed with both the FIA and the rally in questions organisers, and a licence fee paid for it as well.

Can't confirm if they are in or out until I get hands-on at midnight, however you have to consider that they can't just include them because they were in last years title. They may well be limited by both the FIA or the events themselves, as licences have to be renewed for each new title that gets put out. As they hold the FIA licence for the WRC then locations in the official calendar are likely to be automatic, but those which are not would need to be agreed with both the FIA and the rally in questions organisers, and a licence fee paid for it as well.
Thanks for that. I didn't know that about the licensing.

My first impressions: I've been playing the Deluxe version on Xbox One X since yesterday. No wheel (only joypad) so no comments about that. I confirm the previous stages - Spain, Australia and Chile were removed. Regarding France - I didn't remember seeing it there but i'm not 100% sure about this one. Physics were largely improved again - weight/mass transfers, suspension work, handling/behaviour over the borders of the road it's all way better to the point you will have to adapt to them again (like the transition from wrc7 to wrc8). Driving will feel a bit different in the beginning due to these changes but after a couple races it's clear it's much better. The handling is much more precise. Seems there's a bug with the Xbox One X version where the engine sound stops working after a few races during acceleration. We only hear the sound of the tyres against the ground and the co-driver. Starting the game again fixes it for a while. The graphics on Xbox One X are not at the same level of the PC (obviously - texture/lighting in particular) - i saw too much youtube videos of it running on PC earlier and got a bit too hyped - but they are still good. No issues with frame rate (locked 30 during race and replays). Replays were improved too. No more geometry and texture being processed/changing during the replays, the dirt trail seems a bit improved (the effect of overlapping dirt/trail transparent areas is better rendered when looking the car behind although those artefacts still appear. Overall if you liked WRC 8, you will love this one - highly recommended.

The new stages are fantastic for different reasons - all of them are unique in their own way and feel quite different compared to the rest of the known stages from last year - they are all pure fun, although Japan has a few that are quite difficult with insane narrow areas, harsh/closed turns and a few with mixed high/low speed areas, large/narrow variations.

Last edited:

Fairly certain they're completely gone unless you preorder the deluxe version which does have the Barcelona super special included.

Reading the reviews, it seems WRC 9 unfortunately still suffers from inconsistent AI and unfair career objectives but has improved basically everywhere else. Can't wait for it also :)

Reading the reviews, it seems WRC 9 unfortunately still suffers from inconsistent AI and unfair career objectives but has improved basically everywhere else. Can't wait for it also :)

I also noticed that. It's incredible that they haven't tweaked the career mode. Some of the objectives are ludicrous. I can imagine that the team fatigue system hasn't been tweaked, either. And regarding the AI: I am still looking for confirmation that they can crash out. In WRC 8 you could see someone crashed in the middle of the road but at the end of the stage they could be shown as the winner! That was the biggest killer in WRC 8 career: the AI never got DNFs. Ever.

Read a review quickly, says its more twitchy than wrc8 so handling wise a little less satisfying. And career is same, but the rest is improved a little, seems to find the sound good, especially in replays.. Can't say i found that from few videos i saw but ok. Says its a little step backwards, i dont know.. On godisageek site. Didn't see if he was using a pad or wheel.

Most reviews I have seen from sim racers mention improved suspension and weight modeling. They also confirm the collision physics are still terrible. I guess we'll find out soon.

DiRT Rally series also struggles with terrible collision physics, so I'll probably be used to it :crazy:

Early impression from me is that it’s once again moved forward in terms if the physics and overall polish.

Had about an hour with it and the flow you can build up with the cars is excellent.

Thanks Scaff. Keep the first impressions coming. I have to wait until the 3rd since the Deluxe seemed like a waste of money to me.

Managed to get some time in career and set-up for FFB this morning, additional thoughts are as follows:

+ Better feeling of vehicle weight
+ Better Tyre feel
+ Better suspension model
+ Handbrake feels great, more progressive
+ Looks better overall, but lighting in particular
+ Good tyre choice on the Monte still important
+ Realistic damage and perma-damage modes still available
- Gunshot sounds for deeper puddles still in place
- Collision detection, while better, is still off at times.

How does WRC9 compare to Dirt Rally 2.0. I really like almost everything in 2.0. Tarmac physics could be better though. But the car roster is just awesome.

The cockpit view in WRC 9 seems to have a limited rotation of the steering wheel. Is that something that can be adjusted?

Back