WRC Generations

• Thread starter Famine
  • 487 comments
Im guessing KT will keep on with the rally games and just use their V-rally brand, so this wont be the end of the line. Pity the video for the last licensed title just looks like churn, same janky low polygon stages again.

I might try at some point. Well, if it has a start-smooth and easy difficulty until I would be more skilled.

Also, is there co-pilot rage in this game? 'cause if it's the case I'll silence him if it's possible.

Another thing I'd like to know, is there realism in this game? I don't wanna screw up my corner and hit a spectator or be DQ'd just because I have a wheel off trail or track.

Thanks in advance, fellas. :cheers:

I still feel burned by WRC11 and how poorly it ran on my PS5. Hard pass for me, but I am cautiously optimistic about test drive.

I only have 8, and 7, but from gameplay videos at least, 10 seemed better a little, realistic, especially in cockpit.

Still wonder if ill skip 9, and 10 if the new one reveals itself to seem better.
@mrcrynox😉 posted he prefers 8 even, so i dont know, depends on many things of course, ways you play, preferences.

Still wonder if ill skip 9, and 10 if the new one reveals itself to seem better.

10 is worth it just for the improved Clubs. I'm having a blast competing in an organized multiplatform league.

That said, at this point you will be better off waiting for Generations. It will likely be the most content-packed rally game ever (besides modded RBR), Rally1 cars, and the fact that KT will not be making another one will give it more longevity for league play. Plus we still don't know if EA will release their first WRC game in '23 or '24, and there is also a question mark if EA will have a negative influence on CodeRamasters' effort.

I'm doing 10 now. I got 1000 Gamerscore from 9. I didn't get quite as far into 7 and 8 but spent a good bit of time with them. I'm not disappointed with 10 so far.

Not sure what to make of this interview with the game director. You know his English is sketchy, and I also don't know if this interview was in English or translated from French.

Anyway, there are multiple references to bringing back old stages and rallies. At one point, it is even inferred that ALL stages KT has ever done will be in the game.

It's all quite ambiguous and I'm not sure what to make of it.

Not sure what to make of this interview with the game director. You know his English is sketchy, and I also don't know if this interview was in English or translated from French.

Anyway, there are multiple references to bringing back old stages and rallies. At one point, it is even inferred that ALL stages KT has ever done will be in the game.

It's all quite ambiguous and I'm not sure what to make of it.

I think it refers to all the stages of rallies that appeared from WRC 8 to WRC 10.

Another interesting interview.

"All the locations that we made for our seven WRC games are in the game. So, you have more than 20 different countries in the game, which is nearly twice what you used to have in WRC games. Already, this is quite a huge number compared to what you got."

There is also some interesting tidbits on how they are modeling the Rally1 hybrid system.

"All the locations that we made for our seven WRC games are in the game. So, you have more than 20 different countries in the game, which is nearly twice what you used to have in WRC games. Already, this is quite a huge number compared to what you got."

There is also some interesting tidbits on how they are modeling the Rally1 hybrid system.

Hmmm, I'm looking forward to Rally Poland, it was great in WRC7. And Corsica from 8. And welcome back Mexico. And Australia!

Last edited:
Hmmm, I'm looking forward to Rally Poland, it was great in WRC7. And Corsica from 8. And welcome back Mexico. And Australia!

We can hope we get complete rallies and not just a stage or two from each one.

I tend to agree with @er185es that it won't go back to WRC 5. In WRC 7 they dropped all stages from 5 & 6 and from then on began recycling. So I don't think it's out of the question that we could get the stages all the way back to WRC 7.

This means we could possibly see Mexico, Argentina, Poland, Germany, Corsica, Australia, Chile, Wales and Turkey return. There are twelve rallies this year so 12 + 8 = 20. Supposedly there will be 22 countries. What could the other two be? Could we see China from WRC 6? Am I missing a rally?

Another question is if they will double-up on existing rallies that have been revamped. For example, will we get the current Monte stages + the Monte stages from WRC 8?

Last edited:
I figured it out: 165 stages with an average of 7.5 stages per rally.

165÷7.5=22.

Exactly 22. So no, they will not double-up on any rallies. We will likely get the most recent stages for all the rallies. Still begs the question: What is the other ralliy that would complete the 22?

Last edited:

Man that articel makes me sad.
WRC going to EA can't be a good thing.

Man that articel makes me sad.
WRC going to EA can't be a good thing.

Why not? Dirt Rally 2.0 was and still is outstanding to play. I enjoy the WRC games by Kylotonn but Dirt Rally 2.0 will always be better imo. Sounds, physics, overall feel, visuals. I like some of the stages in WRC more but DR2.0 stages always felt more consistent and true to life to me.

With a bit extra EA budget behind them, I think they can really push the WRC games to the next level that Kylotonn could never quite get.

Why not? Dirt Rally 2.0 was and still is outstanding to play. I enjoy the WRC games by Kylotonn but Dirt Rally 2.0 will always be better imo. Sounds, physics, overall feel, visuals. I like some of the stages in WRC more but DR2.0 stages always felt more consistent and true to life to me.

With a bit extra EA budget behind them, I think they can really push the WRC games to the next level that Kylotonn could never quite get.
Don't get me wrong Codemasters has a good reputation from the past.
The Toca, McRea and dirt rally games where (and are) great.
But with the main Dirt titles and the Grid series they are leaning more towards the arcade side of things.

That combined with EA's reputation to squeeze every cent they can out of everything with lootboxes microtransactions and other predetory practices I fear for the future of good rally games.

Don't get me wrong Codemasters has a good reputation from the past.
The Toca, McRea and dirt rally games where (and are) great.
But with the main Dirt titles and the Grid series they are leaning more towards the arcade side of things.

That combined with EA's reputation to squeeze every cent they can out of everything with lootboxes microtransactions and other predetory practices I fear for the future of good rally games.
Grid was always arcade'y (if anything it's become more sim-like since 2), it's already been annoounced that the Dirt franchise was split in 2 (more arcade'y main entries, more sim-like "Rally" entries).

And Codemasters were already indulging in predatory monetisation (pre-order bonuses, re-selling content as DLC, microtransactions, battle passes) before the EA takeover.

Back