WRC Generations

• Thread starter Famine
  • 487 comments
Been so bummed out about this release as an Xbox Series X player. Pre-ordered the fully loaded edition, which proceeded to not launch for about 2 days after it was supposed to. Finally launches, FFB and vibration disappears halfway through any stage I try and doesn't return unless I restart the game or the wheel, along with plenty of game crashes. They acknowledge issues with wheel support, throw out an update, and now my Fanatec isn't recognised at all.

Apart from a couple of twitter responses there seems to be nothing done over the weekend, but I don't mind that as I'm a union man...

League qualifications over. I got into Professional 1 for Solo and GTPlanet WRC is in Amateur for the teams.

Solo events for the week:
Daily 1:
Ford Puma Rally1
Catalunya
Riudecanyes - 7.04km

Daily 2:
Toyota Yaris Rally1
Sweden
Brattby Reverse - 7.36km

Daily 3:
Citroën C3 WRC 2018
Argentina
El Condor - 7.14km

Weekly challenge:
Rally1
Belgium - 4 stages - 1 service
Dikkebus - 5.26km
Kemmelberg - 6.78km
Service
Kemmelberg Reverse - 6.78km
Dikkebus Reverse - 5.27km

Looks like the first 2 stages will have high likelihood of rain.

You get 3 attempts at each one.

Teams events for the week:
Daily 1:
Toyota Yaris Rally1
Germany
Moselland Reverse - 7.87km

Daily 2:
Ford Fiesta Rally3
Croatia
Rude - 7.09km

Daily 3:
Hyundai i20 Rally1
Catalunya
Savalla Reverse - 5.74km

Weekly challenge:
Rally1
Turkey - 5 stages- 1 service
Cicekli - 6.53km
Cicekli Reverse - 6.53km
Service
Datca Reverse - 6.53km
Marmaris SSS - 2.20km
Datca - 6.62km

Again, 3 attempts at each challenge.

Last edited:
despite the disastrous launch (for wheel users) i have created a global rally fans club. we usually do one rally a week with all kinds of classes. just look for my username in the club section.

Attachments

• GRF_presents.png
    GRF_presents.png
    609.9 KB · Views: 7
Attempt 1 at the second daily challenge. Lots of room for improvement.

And attempt 1 at daily 3, a pretty poor attempt, 1 or 2 mistakes early on and it went downhill.

Word of caution on the league events, if you restart a stage that counts as an attempt.

Last edited:
A bit disappointed that they still allow more than one attempt tbh.
I think it's good. Gives it longevity and with the ghosts it makes it quire similar to rivals from Forza or something. Previous WRC games didn't really have much by way of limit if I recall.

Plus it keeps people engaged better if they have more than 1 shot.

I think it's good. Gives it longevity and with the ghosts it makes it quire similar to rivals from Forza or something. Previous WRC games didn't really have much by way of limit if I recall.

Plus it keeps people engaged better if they have more than 1 shot.
I'm not sure tbh, Dirt Rally 2.0 is doing pretty well on the longevity front!

I'm not sure tbh, Dirt Rally 2.0 is doing pretty well on the longevity front!
It is, but how much if that is lack of good online competition? Yeah the previous WRC games had dailies and weeklies but they weren't as good as the Dirt Daily weekly and monthly challenges.

I also think it would have been better (for my bad driving self at least 😆) to have had multiple attempts.

I've made a team for us at GTP to join for the teams league and such. GTPlanet WRC is the name. Tag me and your PSN ID so I can approve requests to join.

Edit: should be able to add people from Xbox and PC as well, I believe teams and leagues are crossplay enabled.

I've finally got the game !

Just sent a request to join:

Mr Crynox

I'm struggling to set up the handling options to my liking atm but it certainly looks great!

League qualifications over. I got into Professional 1 for Solo and GTPlanet WRC is in Amateur for the teams.

Solo events for the week:
Daily 1:
Ford Puma Rally1
Catalunya
Riudecanyes - 7.04km

Daily 2:
Toyota Yaris Rally1
Sweden
Brattby Reverse - 7.36km

Daily 3:
Citroën C3 WRC 2018
Argentina
El Condor - 7.14km

Weekly challenge:
Rally1
Belgium - 4 stages - 1 service
Dikkebus - 5.26km
Kemmelberg - 6.78km
Service
Kemmelberg Reverse - 6.78km

Looks like the first 2 stages will have high likelihood of rain.

You get 3 attempts at each one.

Teams events for the week:
Daily 1:
Toyota Yaris Rally1
Germany
Moselland Reverse - 7.87km

Daily 2:
Ford Fiesta Rally3
Croatia
Rude - 7.09km

Daily 3:
Hyundai i20 Rally1
Catalunya
Savalla Reverse - 5.74km

Weekly challenge:
Rally1
Turkey - 5 stages- 1 service
Cicekli - 6.53km
Cicekli Reverse - 6.53km
Service
Datca Reverse - 6.53km
Marmaris SSS - 2.20km
Datca - 6.62km

Again, 3 attempts at each challenge.
Thanks for the details.
Club being at Amateur level - that would be down to Captain Slow over here 😳.

Turkey looks really good on Series S, lots of track detail rocks etc.
despite the disastrous launch (for wheel users) i have created a global rally fans club. we usually do one rally a week with all kinds of classes. just look for my username in the club section.
Joined the club again, and as an aside had fun on DR2 today with the VW Golf at Bumholder (although when the co driver said "engine doesn't sound good, it was more like Bumclencher 😂).

And finally a complaint about WRCG. It keeps resetting the camera settings to default. Google search tells me this was an issue with WRC10 too. Bloody annoying having to keep redo them!

I pre-ordered this for Steam but I have only just started playing in the last few days. I'm enjoying it. Started my career with my Customer WRC2 team. and I'm onto the second rally in Croatia (way more enjoyable than Monte) Had a few one off stages with the new Rally1's and some of the Historic cars and I am enjoying the game a lot more than last years. It's very similar but for some reason this one feels way better. I have dialed in my settings and got my camera view perfect and it feels great.

When I get on next I'll have a look for some of the clubs above.

Last edited:
WRC7 allowed 3 attempts for the esports qualifier things and I think that's a pretty nice sweet spot. Can do all the practice you want in free play then actually switch to the mode for the daily attempt when you are warmed up.

I'm still stuck on an old XB1 for a while, was planning on making a PC move soon but that's been delayed a bit so I'm trying to resist picking this up on console but it's pretty tempting. The stage design in these games is just so good, and I watch these little clips of stages and remember corners that I want to revisit... Not really any other game that has corners that I specifically remember seemingly at random and want to go turn on the game and revisit.

Finally managed to get some time with WRCG yesterday, and I'm loving it.

The physics and FFB are a pleasantly surprising step forward from 10.
Will we be getting a full Scaff style review in the coming weeks?

So my impressions of the game so far is:

Positives

Big step up in graphic quality
Engine sounds are better than 10 but not as good as 9 maybe.
Handling model is improved but I'm still trying to get my head around it.
New daily/weekly challenges and league modes most welcome
Despite disliking the new cars irl, the Puma is amazing to drive! The sense of acceleration I was getting on yesterday's Spain challenge was unreal.

Negatives

Only one so far - on certain rounds I cannot hear the tires on the road surface, well I can slightly but it's very muted, along with collision sounds. Only noticed this on Mexico & Monaco so far, yet on the new Sweden it's very prominent, I can hear the spikes digging into the snow. I find it hard to drive and feel what's going on without it, I hope they fix it in a patch.

I've sent out a couple of in-game friend requests, also @MagpieRacer did you see my club join request ?

Last edited:
So my impressions of the game so far is:

Positives

Big step up in graphic quality
Engine sounds are better than 10 but not as good as 9 maybe.
Handling model is improved but I'm still trying to get my head around it.
New daily/weekly challenges and league modes most welcome
Despite disliking the new cars irl, the Puma is amazing to drive! The sense of acceleration I was getting on yesterday's Spain challenge was unreal.

Negatives

Only one so far - on certain rounds I cannot hear the tires on the road surface, well I can slightly but it's very muted, along with collision sounds. Only noticed this on Mexico & Monaco so far, yet on the new Sweden it's very prominent, I can hear the spikes digging into the snow. I find it hard to drive and feel what's going on without it, I hope they fix it in a patch.

I've sent out a couple of in-game friend requests, also @MagpieRacer did you see my club join request ?
I haven't yet, I haven't been on since yesterday, I'll accept you this morning. 🙂

Now accepted @MrCrynox

Last edited:
Solo dailies 8/11:
Daily 1:
Hyundai i20 Rally1
Catalunya
Savalla - 5.74km

Daily 2:
Toyota Yaris Rally1
Sardegna
Ittiri Arena SSS - 2.08km

Daily 3:
Ford Fiesta Rally 3
Estonia
Elva - 8.35km

Team dailies 8/11:
Daily 1:
Ford Puma Rally1
Finland
Arvaja Reverse - 9.65km

Daily 2:
Citroën C3 WRC 2019
Sardegna
Ittiri Arena - 2.08km

Daily 3:
Toyota Yaris Rally 1
Kenya
Ngema Reverse - 7.71km

Been so bummed out about this release as an Xbox Series X player. Pre-ordered the fully loaded edition, which proceeded to not launch for about 2 days after it was supposed to. Finally launches, FFB and vibration disappears halfway through any stage I try and doesn't return unless I restart the game or the wheel, along with plenty of game crashes. They acknowledge issues with wheel support, throw out an update, and now my Fanatec isn't recognised at all.

Apart from a couple of twitter responses there seems to be nothing done over the weekend, but I don't mind that as I'm a union man...
On twitter: Xbox patch will be available at the earliest on november 15.
No mention about PS5 patch.

Last edited:
PSA: Change to Gravel Softs for Daily 1...I was so far off the pace and realised way too late what the issue was. 😑

Belgium stages in weekly solo league look fantastic on Series S.

Have noticed there is a random button in the Quick Play mode (Rivals/Time Trial mode) for both the car, rally and stage, which gives this mode endless replay value. Sometimes it's the small QOL things that can have the biggest impact.

Still had to reset camera settings on boot up :(

Think I'm really gonna be holding down the GTP Teams League at my speed, so at some point it may be best for all for me to drop to a team nearer my level, once the levels settle down. Otherwise the team will probably be marooned at Amateur permanently...!

On the flip side, I have already been moved up to Junior on Solo League, due to the lack of players in that mode I think.

Still have some issues with hair pins in certain cars but getting the handling dialed in much better now. Those donut stages are a pain in the arse when they come up though - I seem to end up understeering out of the donut into barriers, or grind to a halt.

Belgium stages in weekly solo league look fantastic on Series S.

Have noticed there is a random button in the Quick Play mode (Rivals/Time Trial mode) for both the car, rally and stage, which gives this mode endless replay value. Sometimes it's the small QOL things that can have the biggest impact.

Still had to reset camera settings on boot up :(

Think I'm really gonna be holding down the GTP Teams League at my speed, so at some point it may be best for all for me to drop to a team nearer my level, once the levels settle down. Otherwise the team will probably be marooned at Amateur permanently...!

On the flip side, I have already been moved up to Junior on Solo League, due to the lack of players in that mode I think.

Still have some issues with hair pins in certain cars but getting the handling dialed in much better now. Those donut stages are a pain in the arse when they come up though - I seem to end up understeering out of the donut into barriers, or grind to a halt.
Pssht, the team is for fun at all levels, no ones holding anyone back.

I should probably add, for those not on PlayStation, my player number is 3053 if anyone was wondering. Seagull_Racer on PSN.

I'm just outside the promotion places in Pro 1 group 12 at the moment, yesterday was a tough day, nothing really gelled with me so dropped some silly points.

Solo dailies 9/11/22:
Daily 1:
Hyundai i20 Rally 1
Belgium

Daily 2:
Porsche 911 GT3 RS RGT
Wales
Brenig Reverse - 6.40km

Daily 3:
Citroën C3 Rally2
Chile
Lircay - 6.38km

Team dailies 9/11/22:
Daily 1:
Porsche 911 GT3 RS RGT
Japan
Shinshiro - 7.32km

Daily 2:
Ford Puma Rally 1
Greece
Psatha Reverse - 6.94km

Daily 3:
Ford Fiesta Rally3
Argentina
El Condor - 7.11km

Last edited:
Pssht, the team is for fun at all levels, no ones holding anyone back.

I should probably add, for those not on PlayStation, my player number is 3053 if anyone was wondering. Seagull_Racer on PSN.

I'm just outside the promotion places in Pro 1 group 12 at the moment, yesterday was a tough day, nothing really gelled with me so dropped some silly points.

Solo dailies 9/11/22:
Daily 1:
Hyundai i20 Rally 1
Belgium

Daily 2:
Porsche 911 GT3 RS RGT
Wales
Brenig Reverse - 6.40km

Daily 3:
Citroën C3 Rally2
Chile
Lircay - 6.38km

Team dailies 9/11/22:
Daily 1:
Porsche 911 GT3 RS RGT
Japan
Shinshiro - 7.32km

Daily 2:
Ford Puma Rally 1
Greece
Psatha Reverse - 6.94km

Daily 3:
Ford Fiesta Rally3
Argentina
El Condor - 7.11km

The promotion your taking about, does that happen after playing solo's for a week ? I've been playing solo's for the last couple of days and can see In rising on the table ranking.. Also when it comes to the weeklies, do you have to play all stages in one go or can you do one at a time, per day for example ? Does it remember/save your progress ?

I feel your pain. I'm in the top rookie group and never want to get promoted at this rate. (Feel like a fan of a team in the championship lol) I see the top guy go FLYING OFF at one corner yesterday and is still way ahead. At least I'm in the top 10, out of 18 players. But I hope the time differences in each league get tighter over time as people go up and down them.
Daily 2:
Porsche 911 GT3 RS RGT
Wales
Brenig Reverse - 6.40km
Thank god for that. Just hope it's normal weather. I don't know if these are randomly generated but I will quickly get tired if it's mainly the current WRC cars on rain/night stages. Esp as my time in the evenings is limited.

Back