WRC Generations

• Thread starter Famine
  • 487 comments
The promotion your taking about, does that happen after playing solo's for a week ? I've been playing solo's for the last couple of days and can see In rising on the table ranking.. Also when it comes to the weeklies, do you have to play all stages in one go or can you do one at a time, per day for example ? Does it remember/save your progress ?
I don't actually know promotion wise, I'm assuming it will happen at the end of the weekly event but I'm not sure. You don't have to do all the stages in one go no, you can duck out and go back and it'll pick uk where you left off, the icon at the top qhen you go to the weekly event will indicate where you left off.

I enjoyed the two gravel events. And while I don't mind the Belgium rally, I feel the same about tarmac stages as Walter Rohrl felt about Finland.

I enjoyed all three tonight, great fun!
I thought the Chile stage looked amazing, such atmosphere.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the Porsche at Wales more than I expected, a lot of fun sliding that thing around.

Here is my Porsche run on Japan in the teams daily.

Despite the lack of FFB with a G923 I am now enjoying WRCG. The stages are much better than anything DR or DR2 have ever offered and there are so many. Today's Welsh stage with the Porsche was an eye-opener. I got my usual mid-table score but I've never been able to control Porsches in DR2. I've had some issues with frame rate/stuttering but hopefully the update on 15th will fix most XBSX issues. 👍
I have done some of the DR2 dailies this week and I think having played WRCG I'm actually getting faster.

Last edited:
The way these leagues are set up is pretty idiotic. It's all based on total number of points, which means that if you aren't competing in all the dailies you'll never get anywhere. So an alien who does one weekly a week will probably be lower ranked than a mere "mortal" who runs all three dailies religiously.

It should be setup so that your average points per event are counted instead of your gross total points. After all, this is supposed to be about your driver level, not how often you play, right?

I mean, I’ve been A/S for years in Gran Turismo, and no matter how long I go without playing, I will still be A/S and have close races with my peers. It seems that the WRC leagues don't work anything like that.

Dailies 10/11/2022:
Solo:
Daily 1:
Ford Puma Rally1
New Zealand
Te Hutewai Reverse - 8.35km

Daily 2:
Ford Fiesta Rally3
Croatia
Jaskovo Reverse - 5.54km

Daily 3:
Skoda Fabia Evo Rally2
Kenya
Seyabei Reverse - 6.25km

Teams:
Daily 1:
Toyota Yaris Rally1
Sweden
Kroksjo - 8.30km

Daily 2:
Hyundai i20 Rally1
Chile
Pelun Reverse - 8.03km

Daily 3:
Ford Puma Rally1
Monte Carlo
Col de Braus Reverse - 7.24km

Enjoyed the Porsche at Wales more than I expected, a lot of fun sliding that thing around.

Here is my Porsche run on Japan in the teams daily.

My run looked just like that. And then the countdown finished... ;)
The way these leagues are set up is pretty idiotic. It's all based on total number of points, which means that if you aren't competing in all the dailies you'll never get anywhere. So an alien who does one weekly a week will probably be lower ranked than a mere "mortal" who runs all three dailies religiously.

It should be setup so that your average points per event are counted instead of your gross total points. After all, this is supposed to be about your driver level, not how often you play, right?

I mean, I’ve been A/S for years in Gran Turismo, and no matter how long I go without playing, I will still be A/S and have close races with my peers. It seems that the WRC leagues don't work anything like that.
Its all to do with money, down to the industry wide push/obsession for "user engagement" under GAAS. 10,000 users each day is seen as a better result by publishers and investors than 100,000 users who play only on the weekend.

I'm an accountant and our industry is pushing for monthly invoicing instead of annual.

It's the same reason why charities want you to pay "just £2 a month"

Took a punt after the disaster that was WRC 10 and shouldn't have wasted my money.

Thank god Codemastets has the WRC licence from 2023, the sport deserves better than this garbage.

Took a punt after the disaster that was WRC 10 and shouldn't have wasted my money.

Thank god Codemastets has the WRC licence from 2023, the sport deserves better than this garbage.
Curious to what you don't like about it?

Curious to what you don't like about it?

The graphics, the sound, the awful stock controller setup, the overall vagueness of the experience. It just feels like a cheap product, which is probably why KT lost the licence.

The whole thing feels about 5 years behind everything else on current gen consoles.

Give my controller settings from a few pages so a try, really improved the stock feel. I do agree with the sounds, they're pretty poor but I don't feel it's that bad graphically, of course we may hold different standards of acceptability and be on different platforms.

Less than 3 days now until the first round of league shifting. I understand what @Pfei means with the league system in terms of those who have less time and not able to do every stage, every attempt, every day. I feel eventually it will filter people up and down the leagues to be with people in similar situations with time and stage amounts. It's a difficult balance for them, weighting the points to help those with less time may end up penalising those who do put more time into it.

To my knowledge it's the first rally game with this online format, hopefully it catches on and gets refined because it really is my favourite mode of this game to be honest. I've hardly touched career mode since the qualifications ended.

Was way off the pace in my group yesterday! But after I ended up playing with my chase cam settings and it was shaving 7 secs off my times. Even got my top spot back on one stage with the Stratos.

Was way off the pace in my group yesterday! But after I ended up playing with my chase cam settings and it was shaving 7 secs off my times. Even got my top spot back on one stage with the Stratos.
This game, more than any other, changes quite dramatically with different views and settings. It feels totally different from dash/bonnet cam than it does in chase cam, and like you say, different chase settings make it feel totally different.

After playing the solo driver daily's for three evenings straight I was ranked 54th on the table, but I only played one last night. As much as I like the game I can't keep it up so yes agree it's a bit disappointing. The system needs refining.

When I started up the game tonight the FFB was so fierce it nearly re-broke my wrist. I couldn't turn the wheel to get round the first corner. Thinking there had been an update I adjusted the settings and quit the daily as I was beached. When I restarted I was back to driving a marshmallow. I was forecast 115,000 points for my 10 second aborted run. Put in a mid-table second run and it only went up to 135,000.

I was forecast 115,000 points for my 10 second aborted run. Put in a mid-table second run and it only went up to 135,000.

Is it similar to previous games, whereas you get more points on the first try than on subsequent tries?

Is it similar to previous games, whereas you get more points on the first try than on subsequent tries?
I don't know whether it is giving me points for my best time or averaging the 2 runs. I didn't have chance to do a 3rd. I've just done the first of today's dailies in Mexico, not fast, 60% so I'm below average. I got 200,000 for that. Will try another run later. It would be interesting to know how the game calculates the scores.

Any FH5 fans here, have you tried the Mexico rally yet? What did you think?

Dailies 12/11/22
Solo:

Daily 1:
Ford Focus RS WRC 2007
Mexico
Ibarilla Reverse - 8.25km

Daily 2:
Hyundai i20 Rally1
Monte Carlo
Col de Braus - 7.20km

Daily 3:
Toyota Yaris Rally1
Turkey
Marmaris SSS - 2.20km

Teams:
Daily 1:
Toyota Yaris Rally1
Greece
Paleohori - 4.87km

Daily 2:
Hyundai i20 Rally1
Portugal
Arganil - 9.66km

Daily 3:
Ford Puma Rally1
Catalunya
Riudecanyes - 7.04km

I ended up losing a couple of places, but what a difference:

IMG_20221111_221258.jpg

Currently sitting fourth overall for GTP in the team league weekly.

View attachment 1207749
Impressive!
I see that you have the GT DD Pro.
Was thinking about upgrading from my trusty old T300.
Never tried a DD wheel, is it worth the upgrade ?
Do you have the boost kit (8Nm)?
How does it work with WRC G, ACC and GT7?

Last edited:
Impressive!
I see that you have the GT DD Pro.
Was thinking about upgrading from my trusty old T300.
Never tried a DD wheel, is it worth the upgrade ?
Do you have the boost kit (8Nm)?
How does it work with WRC G, ACC and GT7?
I came from Logitech so I can't comment on the move from T300, but overall it was a huge step up from the gear-driven wheel. The directness and fidelity of the DD wheel communicates the FFB in a more intuitive, consistent manner. I am using the boost kit, not because I like the wheel strong (I prefer a lighter, informative wheel) but rather because the added boost increases the dynamic range of the wheel, allowing it to transfer more sensations even if not set to an overly high strength.

As a whole the move to DD has made me more consistent and confident, but not really any faster. Of course my overall performance has improved greatly because of that extra confidence in the car, which to me was the best part of the move to DD: being able to consistently feel the car and push the limit in a more comfortable way.

The FFB in ACC and WRC are just incredible with the DD. A huge step up from the G29. GT7, well, what can you say, I don't think anything will make the FFB in Gran Turismo better. That said, the same directness and fidelity I mentioned above has also helped me to be a better driver in GT7 compared to GTS using the G29. However, given that the GT DD Pro is the official wheel of GT7, it's a huge disappointment. The FFB is informative enough, but dull and lacking in general as we have been accustomed to from Polyphony. So in GT7 it's an improvement but overall a big disappointment. ACC and WRC it's been a huge improvement. and I am very happy I made the upgrade.

I came from Logitech so I can't comment on the move from T300, but overall it was a huge step up from the gear-driven wheel. The directness and fidelity of the DD wheel communicates the FFB in a more intuitive, consistent manner. I am using the boost kit, not because I like the wheel strong (I prefer a lighter, informative wheel) but rather because the added boost increases the dynamic range of the wheel, allowing it to transfer more sensations even if not set to an overly high strength.

As a whole the move to DD has made me more consistent and confident, but not really any faster. Of course my overall performance has improved greatly because of that extra confidence in the car, which to me was the best part of the move to DD: being able to consistently feel the car and push the limit in a more comfortable way.

The FFB in ACC and WRC are just incredible with the DD. A huge step up from the G29. GT7, well, what can you say, I don't think anything will make the FFB in Gran Turismo better. That said, the same directness and fidelity I mentioned above has also helped me to be a better driver in GT7 compared to GTS using the G29. However, given that the GT DD Pro is the official wheel of GT7, it's a huge disappointment. The FFB is informative enough, but dull and lacking in general as we have been accustomed to from Polyphony. So in GT7 it's an improvement but overall a big disappointment. ACC and WRC it's been a huge improvement. and I am very happy I made the upgrade.
Big thanks Pfei , really appreciate you answering.
ACC and WRC is the games I prioritize so that sounds good!👌
Seems like I will order a GT DDPro 😊

Back