WRS Pit stop: Want to Chat? - Need Help? = Post Here

• Thread starter Tedehur
  • 808 comments
Sounds like you're in a tough place Azuremen. I wish I could offer some help but I'm a relationship newbie I'm afraid. Does she feel the same way as you? Anyway I hope you find some happy medium 👍

Sounds like you're in a tough place Azuremen. I wish I could offer some help but I'm a relationship newbie I'm afraid. Does she feel the same way as you? Anyway I hope you find some happy medium 👍

Well, she said she was unhappy with the relationship. And I;ve realized pressure from her and her family has been making me someone I'm not. The last 3 or 4 weeks we've been acting more like best friends than a married couple, and honestly, we've been getting along better doing so.

In all honesty, I think we got married too soon. Part of me wanted to post pone the wedding because I was getting nervous, but well, when everything is setup, there is alot of pressure to stay strapped in. We were engaged for over a year, but we meet only back in August of 2005... so not even a full 18 months till we got married.

At the very least, if we do split (And its looking that way), things will be civil and such, as we aren't bitter or anything. Which is nicer than 5 years down the road and realizing we are miserable (and with the potential of kids making things ever more complex).

On the plus side, I've been putting alot of my money to helping her with debts from school (emergency situation got her a tad bit of credit card debt), so I'll actually have money going into my pocket again, which means some going into my cars. And means more racing again probably. And I'll have a good friend I could count in her, which is nice.

But right now, I am a bit shook up and confused, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would be best for she and I to anull the wedding and be good friends.

Hi Azuremen, I'm probably the last person you would want relationship advice from as I usually fail at it myself, but I do have a few things for you.

First off, you have to be yourself, cannot change for another as they won't like that person either and expect more change in the future. To thyself remain true.

The most important thing to me is to realize excactly what it is that you like about your spouse, focus on that, not what you don't like, hopefully you find her to be a very special person, let her know that. Reinforce possitive, don't dwell on negative.

Do not let family get involved, they all have alterior motive, may be good intentions but it has no place in a marrage, just you and her.

Wish you all the best

But right now, I am a bit shook up and confused, but the more I think about it, the more I think it would be best for she and I to anull the wedding and be good friends.

I guess I'm the old guy here. 37 years of marriage to my "best friend." It didn't always feel right, we had a lot of bumps in the road but, we worked at it. The key word I pick up on is: "confused." Don't make any decisions being confused!!!

Do you love her?
Does she still light up the room when she enters it?
If you're apart for more than a few hours, do you think of calling her?
Does hearing her voice still touch you, in that "special place?"
Is it a 50-50 relationship? If it is, think about each of you making it a 90-10. You each give 90 and expect 10 in return.
Are you a better man because of her?
Can you see yourself beside her in 50 years?
I could go on but I suspect when you are not "confused" you will be able to add to these questions. If they keep coming up "yes" I'd keep working on it.

Wow Cody, that's rough.

I hope you come through it alright, and I think the important thing is to do what's right for you - not necessarily what's right for your/her family or whatever.

I never knew you were married - I remember you saying that you were deeply into her, and that you thought she was going to be the girl you'd marry. And now that's done and possibly coming to an end! Time sure does fly.

I can't give you much advice as I've never been in your situation (I'm a bit of a comitment-a-phobe) but I hope it all turns out the way you want.

Chin up! 👍

I guess I'm the old guy here. 37 years of marriage to my "best friend." It didn't always feel right, we had a lot of bumps in the road but, we worked at it. The key word I pick up on is: "confused." Don't make any decisions being confused!!!

Some very good questions

^I'd rate that as very good advice 👍

Also make sure you surprise her every now and then with a pleasure trip, a present or something else that's original. Most men tend to lay back more the longer the relationship lasts, but that mostly proves to be deadly for the relationship. Never think you've conquered a girl, but keep on confirming her why she is/was so crazy about you. Most girls need it, where only the divineness of a girl could already be enough for a man :sly:

If she still gives you a WOW-effect on moments other than when she walks out of the shower and if there's some motivation left to make her feel special, go for it and re-conquer her. Because at the moment she's slipping away and it's only you who can prevend that. The fact you two can get along well as friends isn't as negative as you might think, because nobody can stay in love with the same girl for 50 years straight. I'd rather say it's a must. Only being more than just friends requires a lot of time and effort.

That's about the only contribution I can make. Being only 23 years old my experience doesn't reach that far yet...

Good luck with the situation 👍

^That's about the only contribution I can make. Being only 23 years old my experience doesn't reach that far yet...

Good luck with the situation 👍

At 23 I'd say you are very insightful. Sage advice my friend.

You know what, next month it'll be 19 years since I got married and I'm still bloody confused.

Haha guys, thanks for a speckling of humor in there. Yeah GTbad, I've been asking myself all those questions, and most of them are still yes.

However, the big fundamental problem is not that, but religion. She comes from a very Christian family, and I was up till 2 years ago agnostic. I've become a member of their church and such, and have thought I was fairly interested in the religion. But with this whole issue coming up, with my spirituality being a big part of it (she wants some very spiritual), I've been looking in and analyzing my own feelings. And I'm finding more and more of what I feel in regards to religion is not what I thought... but rather what I expected others I should think.

So I've been lying to myself in sense for the past year or so, and I'm realizing I'm not that religious of a person. And she is realizing she wants a more religious person than I was when we first married. And thats where the big bit of tension is at. Because I could be doing everything else right, but religion supersedes all things in this case. What they say is true, the things that most often split a marriage are Religion, Money, and Sex.

And what does she reply when you explain all this to her ?
Ok she said she's unhappy with the relationship, and you seem to be too, but :
1) what does she expect you to do to improve your relationship ?
2) are you ready to do it ?
3) what do you expect her to do to improve your relationship ?
4) is she ready to do it ?
5) is it worth improving your relationship ?

Only the two of you can come to a solution or a compromise.
Only the two of you will know if it's only a step in your life as a couple and you'll be stronger together after that or if there's a deeper incompatibility and things can only become worse.

All we can do here is to tell you about what we think we would have done in a similar situation. That might help, but that might not.

I went to see ALMS qualifying today at Lime Rock. If anyone wants to see a bunch of photos go HERE

So, today I find out my best buddy has cancer. He found out yesterday. He goes in for a cut and shut on the 28th, and they're going to take half of one of his kidneys out.

They reckon they've got a pretty good chance of getting the lot - whatever it it - being on the kidney, they didn't want to risk a biopsy, they're just going to hit and run.

Kinda freaky. He's going to be out of commission for 4 to 12 weeks, all going well. I'm considering buying him a few films, or maybe lending the PS2 and GT4. (Although he's in his early 40s, he is my Padawan learner, if you can call me a Jedi Master. ;) )

I'm not even thinking of the other thing.

Venari.

Some really neat photos Jake (of a different variety this time :))

I'm really sorry to hear that Venari. I'll pray for this friend of yours. Hopefully like you say it's the sort of cancer that can be beaten the first time around 👍

Some really neat photos Jake (of a different variety this time :))

Yes, it's great I can drive 15 minutes away from home and get shots like that. It's cool to watch these guys at work. The technology is nothing less than exceptional. 👍

So, today I find out my best buddy has cancer. He found out yesterday. He goes in for a cut and shut on the 28th, and they're going to take half of one of his kidneys out.

Hopefully he comes out OK. He should be fine with 1.5 kidneys - I know a guy who's completely OK with just one. Here's hoping the cancer doesn't give him any more trouble.

Bastard stuff.

Cheers guys. He's a tough boot but with the big-C, you don't know.

V.

Probably a stupid question, but... Is brushing the walls considered a big enough reason to label a lap as dirty? It's just that one of the cars for this week's competition is quite twitchy and I've brushed the inner wall at the apex.. And it was the fastest lap I've managed so far, so I'm a bit miffed about it :irked:

Also, is it necessary to just compete in arcade mode or can you do it in GT mode? It's just that the settings available in arcade mode don't exactly spoil you for choice..

Sorry if these have been asked over and over, but this forum is such a big and active place it's quite difficult to find anything :dunce:

Probably a stupid question, but... Is brushing the walls considered a big enough reason to label a lap as dirty?
Perhaps this helps, can be found in every WRS weekly thread
Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
    [*]rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
    [*]no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
    [*]if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
    [*]no hybrids
    [*]no cheating of any kind
    [*]nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
    [*]save your replay ('Save Replay' icon)
AMG.

And regarding to the Arcade/GT-Mode question, it's forbidden to use GT Mode in Arcade races, and vice-versa. In roadcars, GT Mode is usually far, far faster, while for racecars, it depends - anyways, it doesn't go that way.

Plus, hybriding has made GT Mode a tad unsafe. Hence why I reckon it won't appear in the next Boards Challenge - I can easilly manipulate a Honda Z Act to be faster than an F1 car. But even without extremes - BCs are a fight for that lost thousandth of a second - and anything, from adding another tick of downforce (even on no-spoiler cars), to reducing another 10KGs, will help - therefore illegal.

I see, thanks for that Gingiba :)

@ AMG - Err not really..:dunce:

It's not going off as such, because it's a street circuit so there's nowhere to go off... Just wondered where the line is drawn to make a lap dirty. Is it any contact on anything at all, or anything that would affect the time?

Any, Any, Any and ANY contact, no matter how small, renders it illegal. Same with a wheel off the track.

Righto... I'll get back to it then :rolleyes:

I recall race #36, on Seoul. We spend hours examining the replay to decide whether the mirror had touched the wall or not.
So yeah, a clear wall brushing results in a immediate disqualification (that's the good thing), and a probable suspicion from other racers for the many races to come (that's the bad thing, once you're labelled, it's hard to get rid of that).

I see, thanks for that Gingiba :)

@ AMG - Err not really..:dunce:

It's not going off as such, because it's a street circuit so there's nowhere to go off... Just wondered where the line is drawn to make a lap dirty. Is it any contact on anything at all, or anything that would affect the time?

Its easy Snob Blatter in street circuits touching anything other than a curb, then your lap is not clean. Hard i know as it was your fastest lap but we can't have wall riders. Think of it like real life, if you hit a wall your car won't be to happy. 👍

Thread thief: Friend with cancer is now without cancer.

He has a scar that suggests the surgeon could have slid a motorcycle helmet into his belly and will be walking like an eighty year old for a few weeks, but he is otherwise very well.

No chemo required, they said they caught it amazingly early.

I am a happy soul today, my best buddy is gonna be okay.

I am sort of making a proposition here, I just had won the mille miglia race series in GT mode with extensive tunning/tweaking on the 1967 Toyota 2000GT; that 400hp shelby cobra is hard to beat. (its so sleek and sexy its definitely design alla Italia quite similar to the new BMW M-line Z4 hardtop coupe except white), I looked elsewhere to challenge my 2000GT and stumbled upon

Special condition race > Rally de Umbria (Hard)

which I can't seem to beat but always temptingly close. The race is a 40pt race with an Impreza or a Lancer as an opponent. So my challenge question is:

Can any of you guys beat Rally de Umbria (Hard) with a fully tuned 1967Toyota 2000GT with Racing Hard or Racing Medium tyres?

I am sort of making a proposition here, I just had won the mille miglia race series in GT mode with extensive tunning/tweaking on the 1967 Toyota 2000GT; that 400hp shelby cobra is hard to beat. (its so sleek and sexy its definitely design alla Italia quite similar to the new BMW M-line Z4 hardtop coupe except white), I looked elsewhere to challenge my 2000GT and stumbled upon

Special condition race > Rally de Umbria (Hard)

which I can't seem to beat but always temptingly close. The race is a 40pt race with an Impreza or a Lancer as an opponent. So my challenge question is:

Can any of you guys beat Rally de Umbria (Hard) with a fully tuned 1967Toyota 2000GT with Racing Hard or Racing Medium tyres?

I just ran it for you bud and won by over 5 seconds even after blowing it a few times by hitting the wall lol oops 👍 (one run only)

Howdy folks, I'm new here and was poking about reading up on the WRS.

I haven't been able to find an answer to my question so I figured this was the best place to ask. I race GT4 on PS3, which means I can directly copy save files to my PSP/ProStickDuo to move them directly onto my PC or any other Playstation 2/3 console.

My questions are regarding the WRS; if I need to submit a replay, are PSV files allowed? If they aren't allowed, is it because the replay verifier does not verify on PS3, or is the data otherwise disallowed? Finally, does this mean I simply cannot participate in the WRS without going through the additional (albeit simple) steps of purchasing a MAX drive and exporting the save that way? Thanks for any and all replies.

Howdy folks, I'm new here and was poking about reading up on the WRS.

I haven't been able to find an answer to my question so I figured this was the best place to ask. I race GT4 on PS3, which means I can directly copy save files to my PSP/ProStickDuo to move them directly onto my PC or any other Playstation 2/3 console.

My questions are regarding the WRS; if I need to submit a replay, are PSV files allowed? If they aren't allowed, is it because the replay verifier does not verify on PS3, or is the data otherwise disallowed? Finally, does this mean I simply cannot participate in the WRS without going through the additional (albeit simple) steps of purchasing a MAX drive and exporting the save that way? Thanks for any and all replies.

Hi Dawber,
welcome to the WRS 👍

You can use .psv files as long as you are prepared to convert them to the .max / .xps format

Here is a link to a tutorial for converting .psv files to a desired format that can be used as a WRS replay submission.
PS2 Save Tools

All credit to gothi, and thanks for a great site, mate. 👍 👍

Back