WRS Team Championship Series Interest Thread

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 290 comments
I'd like to join you. We could go with a name that references the prologue days or something.

Room for a D4 old timer?

Awesome guys :cheers:
I like the idea of referencing back to the prologue days! We had good times there!!! I have the fondest memories from that 512bb event :), I think we raced a lot together....
Any name/banner ideas so far? ATM I have absolutely nothing... maybe it's time to scratch around in the archive again....
@DGiant, D4, D5, D6 whatever, for me this is to have a good team spirit and fun! And besides, I'm yet to see where I get placed for GTS :odd:, except for the AMG excersise, which was ok(ish!!), I was not doing too hot. Same applies right now to the Mustang :banghead:

So we're three then so far, cool! I must read the faq, I'm sure it'll say there how many guys (ladies?) we need per team etc... over and out.

Ren
Awesome guys :cheers:
I like the idea of referencing back to the prologue days! We had good times there!!! I have the fondest memories from that 512bb event :), I think we raced a lot together....
Any name/banner ideas so far? ATM I have absolutely nothing... maybe it's time to scratch around in the archive again....
@DGiant, D4, D5, D6 whatever, for me this is to have a good team spirit and fun! And besides, I'm yet to see where I get placed for GTS :odd:, except for the AMG excersise, which was ok(ish!!), I was not doing too hot. Same applies right now to the Mustang :banghead:

So we're three then so far, cool! I must read the faq, I'm sure it'll say there how many guys (ladies?) we need per team etc... over and out.

Would that be this little gem https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...s-ferrari-512bb-suz-550pp-xx-15-35-55.118697/ ?!?!

I remember it being selected as the final ever GT5P WRS event too. I'm sure there's a few more remnants of the prologue days around who could join us. At least a low division should get us some handicap points :lol:

I don't completely understand the OP but I'm available if anyone needs a D2G.
I promise I'll make it back to D1 some day :D

Sorry for not being clear enough man. You would still be competing by yourself in the regular WRS when you submit a time per the norm, etc. This is just a side event to run with your friends during the WRS. There's also a handicap system that (will) be in place to help level the playing field so beating your handicap may yield more points for your team vs. a regular win/podium.

Jerome

Would that be this little gem https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...s-ferrari-512bb-suz-550pp-xx-15-35-55.118697/ ?!?!

I remember it being selected as the final ever GT5P WRS event too. I'm sure there's a few more remnants of the prologue days around who could join us. At least a low division should get us some handicap points :lol:

Oh man, yes, I had totally forgotten about that one! Was epic. I was referring to this in fact
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/512bb-76-one-make-event-suzi-550-rwd-xx-23-xx-53.116899/
but same story, lots of good racing with a bunch of usual suspects :)
Looking through both threads there should be PLENTY of remnants from those days... so many names still ring a bell! Step forward gents :D:cheers:
Pasm, DG, should we go the bribing route for actually fast guys like some here are doing, or do we go the route of the other wing and bank on handicap? :lol::lol::lol:

Just a reminder to everyone, be sure you have subbed 3 clean weeks in the WRS before this series starts (late Feb/early Mar). Otherwise you won't be in the WRS Registry (with a handicap) and can't participate!

Jerome

That sounds very interesting. February / March might be a bit tight in time, but if a team still needs someone, i would be interested.

Ren
Oh man, yes, I had totally forgotten about that one! Was epic. I was referring to this in fact
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/512bb-76-one-make-event-suzi-550-rwd-xx-23-xx-53.116899/
but same story, lots of good racing with a bunch of usual suspects :)
Looking through both threads there should be PLENTY of remnants from those days... so many names still ring a bell! Step forward gents :D:cheers:
Pasm, DG, should we go the bribing route for actually fast guys like some here are doing, or do we go the route of the other wing and bank on handicap? :lol::lol::lol:

Well you guys are no slouches but it think, if you look back at the thread, I was almost a minute quicker than you all round suzi in clean air :lol::lol:

Hopefully a few might chip in before we get the chequebook out!

Well you guys are no slouches but it think, if you look back at the thread, I was almost a minute quicker than you all round suzi in clean air :lol::lol:

Hopefully a few might chip in before we get the chequebook out!

Oh is it? Check again mate! :lol::gtpflag:

All sounds like good fun. Would love to participate but haven't cleared 3 TT's yet. Wk5 would have don't it but got dq'd.

I'll check to see if there's any spots left for an old slow guy once I'm legal, lol.

:cheers:

Jerome, I would like to make my name a definite in this comp before all the slots are filled :D:tup:

I don't have an assembled team to put forward like the old days or the desire to try and assemble one! But I'm happy to join as the last driver being picked basically... so when all teams are full except for the last driver needed in the final team? I will gladly have that seat if it's ok with that team whoever they may be 👍

Should be a great comp with such a turnout! Looking forward to the start date :cheers:

Back