WRS VLN ENDURANCE and Parity Racing

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 423 comments
play will resume tonight shortly after 8 central.....might play with rocket at Williow lesser and the GT300 at the ring
I would show up tonight however I have to work tonight.

I don't think I'll make any wrs Tuesday or Wednesday night races due to work since I accepted the more hours / pay earlier this week.

Sorry guys but I'll still be around racing with you guys later in the week :)

OK it's official.....the new VLN room will be the old WRS Tuesday night Parity Pack Racing's replacement moving to Sunday afternoons at 1 Eastern.

All races will be held on one of the 3 versions of the Ring....having said that, the version with damn near all of the stupidly vanilla GP course will appear seldom...or... never. I hate it!! There will be two different types of races.....boosted and non boosted....the car will be the GT300 Subaru BRZ... dead nuts stock. Race lengths will vary from one pit stop 30 minute sprints to 90 minutes (or more...) This is for fun, practice at the world's most awesome track, and mike's are hot..no more silent pounding around in the time trial mode wondering where everybody went! (and if someone does something really stupid...tell the world...right then! and if you do something overly ambitious .....plead for forgiveness....immediately. Think "beer night" at the ring...

Tomorrow....will be mostly boosted as we try to figure out how to have boost races mixing with pace cars and pit stops work. And the only way how to figure it out is to get many people racing and figure it out .

This is NOT an official series....the stewards are your fellow racers....we may or may not keep score but we are playing with the idea of making all races count towards a 24 hours total and a winner declared....who might just get success ballast !!!

Where....WRS Club room. When 1300 ish central Sundays unless there is a WRS special event . If you are not WRS....join...its easy. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-registration-gt6-new-members-start-here.313756/

thanks guys.... looks like either strong boost and normal draft... or weak boost and strong draft. Next week we will do two 45 minute races one with each setting. ho ho ho everybody.

strong boost equals a wad of cars all the time.
and weak boost with a stronger draft equals two or three groups of like speed drivers together.

So GT300 Subaru BRZ (base model) stock. What tyres?
Time? 19.00 UTC?
stock tires....rh

please inputs from those who were flailing about on Sunday. Yes I know this Sunday is Christmas but I'll be racing at the regular time so we can finalize settings. I am also looking for a spec racing car with a LITTLE more power....suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ned, please prevent double posting and proper punctuation and capitalization is expected from all users.

PASM...if there are multiple announcements should they not be new posts (which may lead to sequential posts) or adding them into existing posts leads people to thinking that they have already read them . Spacing (inadvertent double spacing is a physical problem, and not correctable, sorry).

PASM...if there are multiple announcements should they not be new posts (which may lead to sequential posts) or adding them into existing posts leads people to thinking that they have already read them . Spacing (inadvertent double spacing is a physical problem, and not correctable, sorry).

For new announcements, double posting is fine. But if you know you have multiple announcements, do them in one big post. Or keep the first post up to date like we do for the WRS.

Guys, did any of you get any good pix...at least 5 wide...lol. I am going to redo the blather on post 1 and pictures of cars in action during close racing would be the best way to illustrate the intent of the series. Also some pix of the astounding sunset and clouds only found at the ring would be great too.
Merry Christmas to all you Ring Rats!

you are NOT allowed to drink and drive Patrick.....couching out with the pigskin is allowed...:cheers:

Latest Posts

Back