WRS Week 8 Results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 144 comments
Hey CFM, actually my time is 3:05.035, not.305...I wouldn't make a fuss except that it would move me up in position. I dunno if I made the typo or what, but just an FYI. Great racin' everyone!

jump_ace

But you can't call OG a lurker. He's run more races in the WRS than even me and I've run more than 40.

Here's my replay. Good for P10 in D2 :crazy: .....I think?
Wish I coulda played more this week, but no could do. Lots of good battles in all divs. Congrats to all combatants that gave their all regardless of final placement!
Having said that, 3'05.xxx? Good lord.

Hey Z. Way to go man. You will do fine in Div1. Have fun! Thanks for week 7. That was the most fun I'd had with Gt4 yet.

Old Geezer, haven't had the pleasure yet, but welcome to Div2! Glad to have a little "mature" company here. :sly: Stop by the D2 pits sometime and introduce yourself if you're so inclined.

Attachments

• 11.049.max
    25.1 KB · Views: 6
Kolyana
Oh, so we get to see them after the race is over? Gee, thanks OG ... awfully sporting of you.

Kolyana, that's just plain rude. Bob is about the nicest guy you could meet, and a very well respected member of GTP.

It makes me really sad to see things degenerating to insults and jabs :(

I'd like to just ask everyone to take an extra, deep breath, and try maintain the respect that each of us, as people and as talented GT players (all of us here are, just look at all of our shiny gold medals :D) deserve.

MinorShunt
Old Geezer, haven't had the pleasure yet, but welcome to Div2! Glad to have a little "mature" company here. :sly: Stop by the D2 pits sometime and introduce yourself if you're so inclined.
THANX MinorShunt! 👍 Will do...seems I'm gettin' a bit of the "Bum's Rush" from the newly formed "T-Time Clique" over in Division III! ...O.G. :D

jump_ace
Hey CFM, actually my time is 3:05.035, not.305...I wouldn't make a fuss except that it would move me up in position. I dunno if I made the typo or what, but just an FYI. Great racin' everyone!

jump_ace

you beat me? :crazy:

I think what has transpired tonight is a lesson that needs to be noted for all new drivers to the WRS!
there has been a bunch of us here for years before GT4 came on the scene and most of us are still Lurking around! and now there is a whole new group of drivers that has virtually taken over the place ... the thing both groups have in common is backing up a fellow driver! which is always commendable ... you gotta expect that when someone from either group gets grief! then one of there buddies will come in to back them up!
Kolyana was not direct with the Lurkers name who had annoyed her but it was pretty obvious and I reckon she can see that maybe her post was done in haste! ...

yeah we all lose a race to unknowns here and there ... but unknown to one person is not always the case with others.
OG has a lot of respect from many long time members ... as do many drivers from the old GT3 WRS! and I can say that most will have no problem with gathering an influx of old timers ready to back them up in an instant against any possible attacks or insults etc...

It almost looks like a whole new line up in here nowadays .... a place most of us old timers used to be located everyday ... racing, chatting, helping in many ways even meeting up for I-links ... we had this place like a nice home and it seems so far from what it used to be!

I personally feel like I know literally none of the new drivers and dont really wish to as 99% of you guys are on a different level of gaming ... as we were when GT3 arrived on the scene is how you guys seem now ... Ultra competitive! ... putting hundreds of hours into your final time ... and quite arrogant to boot! ...with these sigs bragging about acheivments. me personally I cant do that anymore as I've been competing in OLR for 4 years almost and it was just too much commitment and a bad addiction! as with many others I reckon ... but It doesn't stop us running the odd event just to see if we still have it?

My final thing to say is ... just remember we were here first and being told whats what in your own place by almost newbies is not really gonna rub off with us! I think we still outnumber the new crew by a good margin and we can easy beat you's up in a fight :P :D ;)

Take it easy guys .... dont make too much of my post ... its more an observation than a statement 👍

Peace!:cheers:

Congrats to the hOt one again for showing us the way :bowdown:
Congrats to all the Podiums :cheers:
Congrats to all those that Golded this test 👍
Congrats to Z and OG on thier rise in Divisions, (thought there were going to be some more, due to performance and times submitted over the last weeks, cant be far away) 👍
Thanks to those who posted thier Sector times, keeps it interesting (dont you think?):rolleyes:
Thanks to Luxy and SmallFryz on updating the Beast all week 👍

Steve

Wow the time that I thought was preaty good on Thursday placing me in 4th in D2 has landed me in 21st position. Now that is some competative racing, glad to see it!!! After I got my a decent time on Thursday I started the Formula One Cup so I would be done with before rally time this week, on race 11 now.

Congrats to all the podiums. Koly I thoght that you had the win, sorry you didn't get it, great time non the less.
I am proud of all my fellow WRS racers that grabed Gold this week, it is freaking cool that so many of us did.
Welcome To D2 O.G. we need more father figures in D2 to keep these kids in line, (J/K hey I'm a smart a$$) look forward to racing along side you.

Mr P
It almost looks like a whole new line up in here nowadays .... a place most of us old timers used to be located everyday ... racing, chatting, helping in many ways even meeting up for I-links ... we had this place like a nice home and it seems so far from what it used to be!

I personally feel like I know literally none of the new drivers and dont really wish to as 99% of you guys are on a different level of gaming ... as we were when GT3 arrived on the scene is how you guys seem now ... Ultra competitive! ... putting hundreds of hours into your final time ... and quite arrogant to boot! ...with these sigs bragging about acheivments. me personally I cant do that anymore as I've been competing in OLR for 4 years almost and it was just too much commitment and a bad addiction! as with many others I reckon ... but It doesn't stop us running the odd event just to see if we still have it?

My final thing to say is ... just remember we were here first and being told whats what in your own place by almost newbies is not really gonna rub off with us! I think we still outnumber the new crew by a good margin and we can easy beat you's up in a fight :P :D ;)

Take it easy guys .... dont make too much of my post ... its more an observation than a statement 👍

As a Noob here I sincerly apologise for raining on your parade MrP & any other " Old Timers" out there who are scared that the cosy little "nice home" weekly WRS gathering is somehow changed and made less in your eyes, by the inclusion of those that you couldnt be bothered to get to know simply because you have more skill in a video game (a game we all enjoy) your obviously elitist attitude is noted for future reference.
There are 3 things certain in life,and they are Death, Taxes & Change. In the past I have tried to stop change and all it got me was worn out heels, nothing stays the same, perhaps the WRS has changed too much for you to enjoy, youve had your time being to committed & even addicted to the WRS as you state, and know you see a group of noobs with all the passion you once had for the game and you call them " Ultra competitive and Arrogant ". Personally after reading your post I know where the arrogance lay.
And as to being here first, tell that to any Native population in the world and see what reaction you get from them, ha I was here first what a laugh.
Next time you want to have a dig at others, and poke them in the eye with a stick, leave the sugar coating off it and say what you really mean.
Viva the revolution !!!!

Steve -- Climbing into my asbestos suit

icemanshooter23
What obligates him to show them to you? Just so you can get a first place? There are drivers from every division, every week that do this, but now suddenly it is a huge problem to you. To me it looks like you are just angry that you got beat and are now looking for someone to blame for it.
She's not angry because she just got beat... We've gone over that already. This has been an ongoing thing, and this just happened to be the last week that she felt it could go on without her feelings about it being noticed. What does asking him to show us anything have to do with getting a first place? Some people are curious, I'm a curious person, I like to know things. And since he won the division, he is obligated to post a replay. No question about it.

Old Geezer
Hiya Kyle: 👍 Since your request is somewhat tied into my latest post in the "Welcome Division 3ers" thread I'd prefer to answer it there as opposed to wasting space here. (That's "IF" I get a suitable reply!)
Hello hello! :) I'll see what I can piece together over there...

Mr P
Kolyana was not direct with the Lurkers name who had annoyed her but it was pretty obvious and I reckon she can see that maybe her post was done in haste! ...

and quite arrogant to boot! ...with these sigs bragging about acheivments. me personally I cant do that anymore as I've been competing in OLR for 4 years almost and it was just too much commitment and a bad addiction! as with many others I reckon ... but It doesn't stop us running the odd event just to see if we still have it?

Arrogant? Maybe some, and maybe some with good reason(within reason, lol)... Sigs bragging about acheivements? Sorry, but you're interpreting it wrong, but thanks for noticing that we're proud of what we've done and haven't done and aspire to one day have something posted in our sigs that we're proud of.

Some of us are here for the friendly competition. When one posts their T times, we have something to shoot for, and it's fun. Looking at other people's T times makes us improve, and force ourselves to improve, it's a part of the FUN. If you don't post T times, what's the point of submitting your final time if that's how you feel?

Etc... And yeah, I'll take your post lightly. Keep posting your T times, I appreciate it.

Steve57
As a Noob here I sincerly apologise for raining on your parade MrP & any other " Old Timers" out there who are scared that the cosy little "nice home" weekly WRS gathering is somehow changed and made less in your eyes, by the inclusion of those that you couldnt be bothered to get to know simply because you have more skill in a video game (a game we all enjoy) your obviously elitist attitude is noted for future reference.
There are 3 things certain in life,and they are Death, Taxes & Change. In the past I have tried to stop change and all it got me was worn out heels, nothing stays the same, perhaps the WRS has changed too much for you to enjoy, youve had your time being to committed & even addicted to the WRS as you state, and know you see a group of noobs with all the passion you once had for the game and you call them " Ultra competitive and Arrogant ". Personally after reading your post I know where the arrogance lay.
And as to being here first, tell that to any Native population in the world and see what reaction you get from them, ha I was here first what a laugh.
Next time you want to have a dig at others, and poke them in the eye with a stick, leave the sugar coating off it and say what you really mean.
Viva the revolution !!!!

Steve,
whenever I join a new board, I lurk for a while, try to absobe the standard protocol regarding what is and isn't acceptable within that board and adhere to that all important standard as much as I can in order to become part of a community that has spent so much time and effort building the type of community that they wanted to create.
I do not however, jump in head first and question everything that goes on and attempt to hijack the board with my own personal ideals and opinions. It's no different than being invited into someones home and then turning round and question how that household is run. If I were to do that I would get slapped down, and rightly so.

Your revolution can swivel on my finger matey.

WRS has been around for 2+ years and whether you like it or not, most of us old guys are responsible for how it was, and the why its been going for so long. We dont take kindly to people coming and trying to change it drastically and haveing no respect for the makers of WRS. Many here have raced 40+ races, putting in there time and effort to make WRS a good and friendly place.

I dont care if you disagree with my post all i ask is go back and read about 10 - 15 GT3 WRS threads, starting at week 1 and progressing up to week 104. See how it all went down. The way its going im just gonna leave WRS and race only if i really like the combo.

Small_Fryz
The way its going im just gonna leave WRS and race only if i really like the combo.
That's unfortunate, I hope this isn't due to some of the newer peoples' comments. Please realize not everyone who's new to the WRS agree with these others' opinions. Also a lot of the contention seems to come from misunderstanding or miscommunication; not all from disrespect. I for one welcome the experience you guys bring to the table, and as you say, we're partying in your house when we start out. A lot of the top drivers in each division are WRS veterans, not newbies 👍

My word, listen to you lot.

We are playing a game.

Its a game.

We are all here cos we ENJOY something.

No need to get upset with each other.

It simple really, there are a lot of us here now, we will dwindle in the future, this always happens, but for now there are a lot of us, and not all of us understand the etiquette involved.
Those that dont understand, may react incorrectly due to lack of understanding.
Wisdom comes with time, and we will all look back at the huffs and chuckle. U know why?

COS ITS A GAME!!
chill winstaan.

The results thread is for three things:

Seeing how well you did.

Watching replays and learning where you went wrong.

Congratulating drivers who have a skill you are aiming to mimick.

Now lets all show respect, and enjoy this wonderful site, its wealth of information and the people who make it what it is: US.

Cushty.

I thought i was supposed to be the VEXD one.

Steve57
Viva the revolution !!!!

Yeah I say what I think 👍 Kiss my fat one Steve :dopey:

Hey how's hotboi's lap video coming along? Somebody said yesterday they were working on it...I'm dying to see how he managed that time before I forget how I managed mine ;)

Yeah Daan?

Hows the replay conversion coming?

I know youre a busy guy, and we all appreciate the time and effort it takes...

But bloody hell, youve had a day!

hehehe

Jeez you're like a load of friggin' babies ... pretty immature I'd say. Who gives a hell who was here "1st", I don't give a #$%* who was here 1st ... it's not going to improve your lap times, or gain you any respect from me either. I took part in a couple of races in GT3, does that make me better than someone who joined last week ? No ... This is about racing people from all over the world, and trying to improve your own times, that's it. If you think there's more to it then you've got a problem buddy, GT4 is ruling your life or somethin'. I respect anyone who can beat me in GT4 with a faster lap, that's the bottom line.

I don't care who wins me and who not, in fact I help out people where I can, some can even vouch for that. At least I can say that whoever beats me can really drive a car in GT4, whether he/she is a newbie or not, what difference does it make ???

And I still say compulsory replays for all the division top 3's !

Leave the verification and stuff for CFM to sort out, it's not our business.

Polictics SUCK :yuck:

kragbees
Jeez you're like a load of friggin' babies ... pretty immature I'd say. Who gives a hell who was here "1st", I don't give a #$%* who was here 1st ... it's not going to improve your lap times, or gain you any respect from me either. I took part in a couple of races in GT3, does that make me better than someone who joined last week ? No ... This is about racing people from all over the world, and trying to improve your own times, that's it. If you think there's more to it then you've got a problem buddy, GT4 is ruling your life or somethin'. I respect anyone who can beat me in GT4 with a faster lap, that's the bottom line.

I don't care who wins me and who not, in fact I help out people where I can, some can even vouch for that. At least I can say that whoever beats me can really drive a car in GT4, whether he/she is a newbie or not, what difference does it make ???

And I still say compulsory replays for all the division top 3's !

Leave the verification and stuff for CFM to sort out, it's not our business.

Polictics SUCK :yuck:

and who are you? .... I dont give a flying fook what you have to say because there are some people who can reply with a valid response in a debate like this and then there are people like YOU! .... who just jump in feet first with the supposed voice of reason, but what you have said has already been posted by others ... only they said it in the right way and you just started typing until your small brain thought ... "yep that will do!" :dopey:

I seen newbies come and go since I joined GTP in 2001 and my main point is that the majority of the assholes turned up with GT4 👎
If I'm an asshole also then so be it :sly: but at least I know I'll be a long term asshole and a damn good one at that :D

I dont like you! .... that was a statement and a fact ... now fook off 👍

It's too bad that people are arguing about this.

I'm a noob to the WRS, to GT, and to the PS2. When I discovered this, I joined to have fun and to see how I stack up against people from all over the world. Now that my buddy Puck927 is here racing against me, we have been able to rekindle our old fastest lap battles from our college days in pretty much any sim game made...mostly F1 2000 and 2001 from EA Sports. Puck and I thought we were pretty darn good at those F1 games, and we were even, regularly getting our laptimes within 0.1 seconds of each other on most tracks (except Suzuka, Jay! hahahaha) but now that we're in the WRS, we see where we stack up, and it gives us even more drive to become better.

I'm grateful that there is an organized system in place to allow us to have so much fun each week. Posting T-times makes the week more enjoyable, because it allows you to see what others are able to do, and therefore it allows you to strive for better times. Imagine if no one posted their T-times? You wouldn't know where you stand. You think you ran a fast lap, say a 3:13 at LeMans this past week, and oops, that's like 20th quick in Div 2. But you wouldn't know that until the results are posted. It gives you no way to improve.

I realize there are some Stealth racers out there who run fast, can gauge themselves off of our T-times, but don't post their T-times. If that's how you get down, fine. There's nothing that can be done about it unless CFM makes T-time posting mandatory, and that would be rough because someone (probably him) would have to track it, and I think CFM is kept busy enough as it is!

All in all, let's just have fun. It's a competition, but a friendly one. I hope that we can keep it friendly in the future.

Good luck to all. Especially this week. Luck is something we'll all desperately need!

Back