WRS Week 8 Results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 144 comments
I think there may be a misconception that people arent posting their T times on purpose.

I think people will find that if asked, the ones not posting T times, havent had the time to commit to a full on session on the current combo, get some time at the end of the week, pull out a fast lap, then submit.

They arent purposefully NOT posting splits to annoy or keep their times to themselves, and i think that is what some of you are assuming is happening.

I think if someone has no time to compete, but manages to find a spare couple of hours during or near the end of a weex race, and they still pull out a very fast lap, then they should either be commended, or at least recognised, and respected for it.

There has been no malice in the WRS since it began, and i see no need for it now.

We are here to enjoy each others competition.

Lets do so.

Chill out guys and gals!

IT'S ONLY A GAME, AND WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HAVING FUN! AREN'T WE?

Geez, i go away for a day, and all hell has broken loose.

YES be competative,Yes try hard to be the best you can be

BUT

Life's to short to be arguing about crap like this! Some people post their splits, some don't. Some like to help others less blessed, some don't (tho i have to say that there aren't many like that) Some only play to get podiums, others can only hope for points. We are all different, it's called life!

Peace!

Neil

Right on Vexd mate!

Leave it to us stiff assed brit's to be pragmatic!

Neil

Mr P
and who are you? .... I dont give a flying fook what you have to say because there are some people who can reply with a valid response in a debate like this and then there are people like YOU! .... who just jump in feet first with the supposed voice of reason, but what you have said has already been posted by others ... only they said it in the right way and you just started typing until your small brain thought ... "yep that will do!" :dopey:

I seen newbies come and go since I joined GTP in 2001 and my main point is that the majority of the assholes turned up with GT4 👎
If I'm an asshole also then so be it :sly: but at least I know I'll be a long term asshole and a damn good one at that :D

I dont like you! .... that was a statement and a fact ... now fook off 👍

I never said you're an asshole, sorry if I came over that way, in fact you're a damn good GT player, so I have respect for that. So swear at me if that makes you feel better. I'm just as entitled to say what I think as you are. Oh and thanks for the insults as well.

what the hell is going on around here?? i knew the wrs had devolved into a fairly comical joke but wow! the ignorance of all the noobies in here is striking. it always cracks me up how some wet behind the ears know-nothings act like the place they are at just started existing the day they came in. hilarious. the arrogance is comical. sorry noobs, you ain't the axis on which the world turns.

yes, the fact is things used to be different around here. there was a much more gentlemanly attitude around and the type of humility reserved for true champion calibre competitors. the fact is, nobody likes an arrogant prick. one who wins all the time and is humble is loved. one who wins all the time and brags about it is reviled. you don't have to be cackling about how great you are constantly to be a braggart. something as simple as listing all of your finishes in your signature is a pretty in-your-face way to remind everybody how you rule. and yes, this is directed at you hotboi. everybody knows you're good man, there's no need to rub it in everybody's face. this is the same thing i was talking about with 3rdgenracerx. you can take it anyway you want but i'm telling you for a fact, people don't look at that and say "wow he's so great" they say "look at this conceited prick here". i'm trying to help you believe it or not man. the true champion is the humble champion.

anyway, it just seems like there's a bunch of grumbling going on about nothing really. same old story really. the children don't have any respect for the grown-ups. all the old timers should just remember the WRS for what it was not what it is. we had some good times back then. no cut throat bull$hit and no disrespect, just a bunch of good buds putting laps down and having a good time. most of this stuff going on is just plain petty.

don't be arsed ron, just walk away as the legend that you are. anybody who doesn't know to respect you isn't worth wasting your breath on mate.

This is a shame.

Yeah, yeah, all the stuff above sucks. :(

But what really bothers me is that for the first time in god-knows-how-long, boombexus and I are both in the WRS checking things out and this is why?! :irked: :lol:

Sad sight this is, sad indeed.

Just remember everyone, stay cool.
I would hate to see people get mad enough to violate the AUP or TOS...

And even more so, I would really hate to see the WRS falling apart simply because some of the older and newer racers can't get along with each other.

Listen "Vets"...
Newbs make mistakes. :rolleyes: :lol: :cool:

Listen "Newbs"...
People like "OG aka UB57", Mr P, and myself have been in the WRS since week 1... Cut us some freaking slack when it comes time for us to get used to the changing.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19461

Take a good long look at that list. :D
Mr P
Max E
Carbonfiber Man (aka CFM)
UB57 (aka Old Geezer)
GoKents (aka Kent)

Do you think any of us would really have ill-will for the WRS or the racers involved?
We've watched this baby grow into a great OLR event and over that time we have all come to see the WRS as an OLR home.

Please, everyone, keep this sort of thing in mind before any of the old-folks are alienated out of racing here, and for that matter, before any of the new faces are insulted beyond what is tolerable.

This is a racing home for all of us.

Btw, a request for a replay from OG is rediculus... The man has been providing replays for longer than most people have been racing here. :lol:
I'm sure he will still post one up though. ;)

Finally, one last thing...

Long live the WRS. :cheers:
Happy racing to all of you. :D

btw, I plan on doing a rally this week and a bad job next week so keep an eye in that rear view. :sly:

No sorry it was late last night for me...I MEANT TO type in 3:11.035, man I guess it was me that told CFM the wrong time....There no WAY I"d beat ya Hot.....lol. OSrry everyone for the obvious lack of sleep.

jump_ace

Ok, enough of taking digs at people. If this carries on then the WRS will fall to pieces and I know that noone wants that to happen. We're here because we all have a love for motorsport and want to take part in some competitive, yet friendly racing action. So forget about who is new and who is a WRS veteran, we're all human beings and no matter how big a reputation you have with the WRS, nothing can change the simple fact that we are all equal. Something as small as a computer game cannot change that. I say we pretend none of these squabbles broke out and have a fresh start from here onwards.
LONG LIVE THE WRS!!!
Enjoy the racing everyone and mellow out!

Matt

amp88
Heh, thanks for the laugh folks :)

How many races have you done so far? Week 8 was my first race in the WRS and it was looking pretty close between you and me on the luxy board but then you completely kicked my ass.

vtec_guy
How many races have you done so far? Week 8 was my first race in the WRS and it was looking pretty close between you and me on the luxy board but then you completely kicked my ass.

Just two races in the WRS for me. I only found it by chance a couple of weeks ago. It looked like it would be a fun series, and it seemed as though it was. After the events of the last few days I'm not so sure.

amp88
Just two races in the WRS for me. I only found it by chance a couple of weeks ago. It looked like it would be a fun series, and it seemed as though it was. After the events of the last few days I'm not so sure.

I feel exactly the same way. This was my first WRS and I was all excited about placing well in my division and looking forward to the comraderie and welcoming. Instead I'm reading about how the "veterans" are insulting all newbies as the same and the "newbies" talking about how it's time for change. Frankly, I don't really feel like being a part of either group at this point.

Who cares how many wins you have? sigfiles are like bumper stickers, nobody reads them and they usually only serve to tell others what they didn't ask about you. Who cares if you've been with the WRS since week 1? I would've been with it since week 1 too if I had known about it, but that's not even the point here. Many people in this thread have made fools of themselves in the eyes of those "newbies" who aren't being disrespectful and only came here to have fun. Anybody who has polarized this community into "newbies' and "veterans" isn't helping the situation. Come on guys, it's been said before but it's true, we came here to race. Maybe Polyphony didnt put online play in GT4 so that the homicide rate would stay steady.

Newbies will always be newbies, it's how the veterans deal with them that determines the quality of the community.

A note to anybody who feels like posting something to the effect of: "who cares what you think? you just got here!" I will say that if that person can't recognize the truths in what I'm saying, then they're going to be showing who the newbie to online communities really is.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest, and for reading it if you've gotten this far. I just found the WRS and would be pretty upset if it went away because we couldn't play nice.

here is my replay of week 8
3'07.242
i was going to post it in the resilts thread but it was closed

Attachments

• 07.242.xps
    26.3 KB · Views: 16
This thread is open for buisiness again. Any more arguing and it's going to get locked again and shipped off to the archive.

CFM
This thread is open for buisiness again. Any more arguing and it's going to get locked again and shipped off to the archive.

Damn you Todd! .... takin all the fun away :sly:

can I not even post a Phattarse smiley? :dopey:

I just recieved my Max Drive today (really easy usable device! :) ) and here's my replay:

3'09.372

Attachments

• 51719_12232_GRAN_TURIS.max
    20.6 KB · Views: 13
Mr P
Damn you Todd! .... takin all the fun away :sly:

can I not even post a Phattarse smiley? :dopey:

hehe everytime you post u leave a profanity in your sig.... hehehe :dopey:

o, and todd..... you spelt business wrong. 👍

SO DID U GET THAT HOTBOI REPLAY UP YET DAAN?

vexd
hehe everytime you post u leave a profanity in your sig.... hehehe :dopey:

o, and todd..... you spelt business wrong. 👍

What profanity? .... all my sig is carefully selected to be free of bad language :)

Hmpf, I'm dumb :rolleyes:

After I transferred my replay file to my max drive, I also tried to put HotBoi's replay on my Max Drive, non aware that he's NTSC and not PAL, so now I got a blue block on my memory card saying that that block is corrupted... doh :P

Anyway, I have TWO memory cars, but if I can format the corrupted one, I'll lose my GT3 data and I'm afraid when I transfer that one, my other memory cars get corrupted as well.

I know this isn't really a subject for this thread, but what should I do to save the GT3 file?

Sjenk
Hmpf, I'm dumb :rolleyes:

After I transferred my replay file to my max drive, I also tried to put HotBoi's replay on my Max Drive, non aware that he's NTSC and not PAL, so now I got a blue block on my memory card saying that that block is corrupted... doh :P

Anyway, I have TWO memory cars, but if I can format the corrupted one, I'll lose my GT3 data and I'm afraid when I transfer that one, my other memory cars get corrupted as well.

I know this isn't really a subject for this thread, but what should I do to save the GT3 file?

I think if you transfer your GT3 save onto your 'good' card, you'll be fine. If you're worried about losing your GT4 save, simply use the max drive to transfer the GT4 save onto your PC for a backup. Or your could use the Max Drive to back up your GT3 save to your hard drive, then reformat your card and return the GT3 save to it via max drive. Just make sure you hit 'copy' instead of 'move'.👍

Thanks CFM, I first transferred those files to the MAx Drive, after that I tried to move GT3 and GTC from the 'corrupted' card to my back up card and it was fine, so it's solved :) Yeah, I asked it, because I didn't want to lose all files (duh) :)

vexd
NO. BOBKART AT GTTIME, **cough** sorry, no, Bobkart at GTTimes is making it for me. He's not made it yet tho'. I'll post it here when it's up 👍

Great lap by Hotboi .... but just too many cut offs for my liking :)
I prefer to watch when someone stays within the boundaries! ... There's no doubting your skill man you have some great control through the section after T5 that is simply stunning! ... but the cut offs just dont applaud the lap as much as the final time does :)

Nice win btw :) 👍

Mr P
Great lap by Hotboi .... but just too many cut offs for my liking :)
I prefer to watch when someone stays within the boundaries! ... There's no doubting your skill man you have some great control through the section after T5 that is simply stunning! ... but the cut offs just dont applaud the lap as much as the final time does :)

Nice win btw :) 👍

That's within the rules at GT.de now, so that's how I set up the race that week since it was a license test. I did my part *****ing about the rule change when it occured, but it didn't do any good. Maybe they'll allow wall hits next week.👎

P.S. You said yourself that you liked the new relaxed rules at GT.de in this post. Sorry, I couldn't resist! :P :lol:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1639838&postcount=35

CFM
P.S. You said yourself that you liked the new relaxed rules at GT.de in this post. Sorry, I couldn't resist! :P :lol:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1639838&postcount=35

Yep I did post that :) ... but see what I say at the end of that post!

.... as long as it's on the edge! .. and not crossing it

If you consider Hotboi's lap as not crossing it then we have different views on this game 👍 on the edge to me is still using rumbles :sly: that bentley was so far by the rumbles it almost looks like a black and decker lawn mower :dopey:

sorry couldn't resist ;)

Back