WSC IV - JoeOfTheFire, SagarisGTB, O'Rama, Jaguar, Corvette CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't make it.

Memorial Sunday in Ireland.

So 1 Ferrari PT spot left, if anyone wants one. Also Randy and Jaffy I believe are missing as they are at the Indy 500, so for the following reserves, you might get in this week.

TDZDave (AC)
Husq (Jaguar)
JohnnyB (Jaguar / Shelby)
Akmuq (Alfa)
Litchi (AC / Shelby)

Round 1 / TC Race 1 - 26 May
The Rolex @ Daytona
POSTER01DaytonaRoadF_zps27fa344d.gif

Daytona Road Course
80 Laps / 284.8 Miles

Daytona Florida - a cathedral of speed. High banks and high speeds. And with the fury of 16 classic sportscars, a noisy, colourful spectacle as the brand new season of the World Sportscar Championship begins. It is the first running of Daytona as an 80 Lap Endurance event - it's 2hr+ duration also putting it into the Triple Crown of sportscar racing. It's perhaps one of the most gruelling events of all, with the narrow infield and high speed banking requiring total concentration.

The field itself looks very strong. Jaguar showed the way in Prototype at the Roar, with Ferrari and Ford scrapping to stay in touch. Corvette dominated GT, but will more GT cars and a boosted Mustang upset the Vettes? The Alfa Romeo ST category was a surprise, quicker than GT cars with some deadly fast drivers in the field. Add to this the two tyre compound rules, and it will be a unpredictable 2 hours or so of racing.

Belt up, and enjoy. The Rolex @ Daytona is about to begin.

ts

Furi's Race Control Statement To Drivers:
Welcome all, and hopefully last weeks test @ The Roar has helped you to get accustomed to your machines for this season. Firstly subject of tyre usage - 20 laps is the allotted time for all categories to spend on there harder compound (SM for PT, SH for GT / ST). Those 20 laps can be spread (10 at start, 10 at end for instance), but 20 laps must be spent or you will be disqualified. Also you are not allowed to split compounds (SM front / SH rear for example)

For the pace lap, slowly get going off the banking, we have plenty of time to get formed. Pace speed is 50mph, single file until after the Bus Stop Chicane, where we will form double file for the start. Leader can decide to green any time from start of pit lane, and once he crosses the line the race is go everybody.

Watch your self with traffic PT drivers, remember that ST and GT class has right to hold there line. And remember, its a very long race, one mistake early on doesn't mean your hopes of a good finish are dashed.

Best of luck to all, just please clear cache before we begin ;)

Furinkazen.
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I got to say this might be the psychologically intimidating event I have ever done. 80 laps sounds a lot, and it is, but 3 at least with 3 hours of Le Mans you got a Mulsanne straight to grab a breather, here is two hours of hairpin / kink / oval / chicane with one of the most evil first corners in gaming, and stupidly placed barrier-ridden chicane as well to boot.

If I am not 5 laps down by the end tomorrow, it is a victory to me.

For the pace lap, slowly get going off the banking, we have plenty of time to get formed. Pace speed is 50mph, single file until after the Bus Stop Chicane, where we will form double file for the start. Leader can decide to green any time from start of pit lane, and once he crosses the line the race is go everybody.
So the leader gets to start his/her race when he passes the pit lane entrance, but everyone else has to wait until he crosses the start/finish line? Is that it? :odd:

So the leader gets to start his/her race when he passes the pit lane entrance, but everyone else has to wait until he crosses the start/finish line? Is that it? :odd:

I think he means that the leader can choose to start the race anywhere from the pit lane on, but if he doesn't then the race starts when he crosses the line. :)

Yeah,leader chooses to accelerate whenever from said point, green flag for everyone from then.

Hopefully I don't crash in the bus stop on the first lap this season, and don't hit the pit wall when exiting the pits.

Remember two part Quali - if you miss your Q session GT / ST drivers, you will start from the back.

Hopefully I don't crash in the bus stop on the first lap this season, and don't hit the pit wall when exiting the pits.

And hopefully I won't forget to turn ABS back on after pace lap and crash on first corner...

I might be a bit late joining due to Indy 500 and monaco gp replay. What time is GT qualy starting?

7.30pm to 7.45pm. PT 7.45 to 8pm, then a 2 min window to make your tyre selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back