WSC VII - DrifterJoe, Snowcrash, Ford Champions!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,073 comments
I won't watch TG tonight, but I'll dl it tomorrow after work...

BTW Furi I might leave early as I have to get up at 4am to get ready to work...

Tonights schedule:

Room open 7.15pm - Session #1 - Day
Around 8:30 a little photoshoot
After that session #2 - night.

Fantastic grid, but Fords new overtaking system illustrates the connection issues.

Daytona Road Course_4.jpg
Daytona Road Course.jpg
Daytona Road Course_3.jpg
Daytona Road Course_6.jpg
Daytona Road Course_2.jpg
Daytona Road Course_5.jpg
Daytona Road Course_1.jpg

How you finding the GT40? Racking up the miles there, we seem pretty even over a lap.

Furi, this is a real problem. The Jaguar suffers from relentless spinning even after setting it up, and of course lacks a little
top end. My best time is a dismal 1:47.183. I'm begging you, at least give it a 10-20 HP power boost in order to keep it competitive. Please! :scared:

Furi, this is a real problem. The Jaguar suffers from relentless spinning even after setting it up, and of course lacks a little
top end. My best time is a dismal 1:47.183. I'm begging you, at least give it a 10-20 HP power boost in order to keep it competitive. Please! :scared:

@DrifterJoe can tell you it's pretty competitive. If you don't mind revealing, made any suspension tweaks? Or Downforce?

@DrifterJoe can tell you it's pretty competitive. If you don't mind revealing, made any suspension tweaks? Or Downforce?

Well, downforce is to the max on both(the spinning is horrendous) and I've made the spring rate 13.50 front and 9.00 back(also to combat oversteer) with all front dampers at 3 and all back 2. Anti-Roll bars both at 7(minimize body roll, actually made it much better). LSD all set at 60, which is ridiculous, but makes it more stable(but it still is very unstable). Everything else is untouched(except for transmission and power limiter).This setup has improved the car's handling
greatly, and surprisingly doesn't have much understeer. So this setup is OK, but I know it definitely isn't the right way
to go.

Well, downforce is to the max on both(the spinning is horrendous) and I've made the spring rate 13.50 front and 9.00 back(also to combat oversteer) with all front dampers at 3 and all back 2. Anti-Roll bars both at 7(minimize body roll, actually made it much better). LSD all set at 60, which is ridiculous, but makes it more stable(but it still is very unstable). Everything else is untouched(except for transmission and power limiter).This setup has improved the car's handling
greatly, and surprisingly doesn't have much understeer. So this setup is OK, but I know it definitely isn't the right way
to go.

Try on another tuning sheet to raise springs, the softer springs explain some of the snappiness. LSD I'd go with more 20-10-20 and work from there. Also remove camber (does nothing on GT6).

You also need to loosen your anti-roll bars and stiffen the dampers up. Your LSD is massively wrong! You need to loosen the car up so you can get on the power without both rear wheels spinning

So the update didn't fix anything?

1.04 didn't do much. Jag is fast but naturally tail happy. When tamed it is so agile. Also general advice for all, first 2/3 laps tyres aren't up to temperature. Take it easy at start. Horseshoe was catching loads out on cold brakes and tyres I noticed.

Driving the Jag a few minutes ago and I was making laps basically identical to the Mk.IV. It has a bit more narrow powerband compare to the Ford which make the tail come out.

Mostly stock other than the camber and the brakes set to 7 7.

Another thing that is killing me is that I don't have a steering wheel(obviously) but I should be getting one soon. Which
do you use?

Joe's one of the quickest DS3 users out there. I'm DS3 as well. Set up makes a difference. Last week I was struggling in 1:48's, now i'm 45's safe pace.

Yeah the thing that is killing me is that I don't have a steering wheel(obviously) but I should be getting one soon. Which
do you use?
I don't have one either. I've spent a lot of time on my DS3, so I can control most cars decently with it and feel what the car is doing. I'm still using X and square for throttle and brake.

Joe's one of the quickest DS3 users out there. I'm DS3 as well. Set up makes a difference. Last week I was struggling in 1:48's, now i'm 45's safe pace.

I just hope I am better with a wheel or else I have no shot at GT Academy(like I would have a chance anyway). I'm a good driver when I'm relaxed and not under pressure, and I still have a lot of time before I'm old enough. The thing is I
need to practice more and work out my technique, instead of spending all of my time drooling at classic cars(they really
are much more beautiful than anything modern). But, that's the whole point of this series, right? The legendary Le Mans race and the WSC. Awesome.

Struggled tonight, kept putting it in the barriers which hampered my progress in getting a race stint. Fastest lap was a 2:01.090 which was a couple of seconds off @Yeratel84's fastest lap for GT-O

I just hope I am better with a wheel or else I have no shot at GT Academy(like I would have a chance anyway). I'm a good driver when I'm relaxed and not under pressure, and I still have a lot of time before I'm old enough. The thing is I
need to practice more and work out my technique, instead of spending all of my time drooling at classic cars(they really
are much more beautiful than anything modern). But, that's the whole point of this series, right? The legendary Le Mans race and the WSC. Awesome.

Bang on. Track time is your friend. These things take ages to master. Especially a Prototype, nothing is harder, but more damn satisfying.

Sport tyres? Yeah, they slip, slide, but offer a lot of grip and great tyre life. Downforce sticks you to the ground like glue - go to Matterhorns T1 and see what I mean, but when it breaks its scary.

Full damage? You got to be on your toes. A knock in the wall and you're in the pits next time around, that's if you haven't lost 10 minutes on the Nurburgring.

Strategy? Yeah, pit sequences, managing traffic, playing to your cars strengths and avoiding it's weaknesses.

Classic example of how this comes together was the 8th Le Mans Classic, our GT5 final event at la Sarthe. 3hrs 10minutes. After 2hrs 30 top 6 prototypes were separated by a mere 40 seconds. In GT5 thats a pit stop, a mistake away. GT was decided by under a car length. Couple weeks earlier at Monza's photo finishes in both classes.

This is how sportscars and endurance works. It's a battle of you, machine, track, other drivers, yet same time a sprint.

Indeed as @FlyingFox may say, it's what makes this great.

This is WSC.

:)

I have now good setup that I could count on - I managed to tame that beast. I'm quite happy now with the car. First it felt that it's impossible to run 10 laps without damaged but tens of hours (few 1000s km after) of practising have made different - todays session I did run 32 laps without damage.
It's going to be exciting races 👍
How you finding the GT40? Racking up the miles there, we seem pretty even over a lap.

I have now good setup that I could count on - I managed to tame that beast. I'm quite happy now with the car. First it felt that it's impossible to run 10 laps without damaged but tens of hours (few 1000s km after) of practising have made different - todays session I did run 32 laps without damage.
It's going to be exciting races 👍

Indeed, I am dreading Bathursts opening the most. I know I am perhaps 2nd fastest to Joe around there, and can get very close to him, but surviving the night opening... :scared:

A GT40 has never won a WSC event incredibly - maybe it's time for the old generation to strike back?

Back