WSC VII - DrifterJoe, Snowcrash, Ford Champions!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,073 comments
I'm not looking to win anything - I'm going to join my drive ride and hope to run clean races without too much damaged/pitstops.

Edit: fixed

A GT40 has never won a WSC event incredibly - maybe it's time for the old generation to strike back?

Last edited:
I'm not looking to win anything - I'm going to join my drive and hope to run clean races without too much damaged/pitstops.

With the long stints capable in GT6, pit stops are more and more important as are clean races.

I don't know if you heard me say it before GT6 froze on me, but put me down as a reserve in a Ferrari PT.

If you go back a few years, I originally struggled with these cars, admittedly in a much looser Ferrari but I learned how to control the car, then moved to Ford and partnered @Furinkazen for a few seasons even taking a victory at Goodwood (mainly due @Spurgy 777 disconnecting from the lead and @Furinkazen's multiple crashes).

Now after being removed from the Ford team due to disagreements with the team, I took a season out and returned to the series in the GT category first with Lancia on GT5 and now in the Corvette. That's my history in WSM/WSC to date

Hmmm, my WSC career started unexpectedly when Furi told me to bring a car to Pescara. I finished 2nd in that race, on the lead lap. Won Le Mans the next season in GT, ran unclassified a couple times, ran the Ferrari a few more times, including I think a win at the 'Ring, and I'm sticking with it part-time for now.

If you go back a few years, I originally struggled with these cars, admittedly in a much looser Ferrari but I learned how to control the car, then moved to Ford and partnered @Furinkazen for a few seasons even taking a victory at Goodwood (mainly due @Spurgy 777 disconnecting from the lead and @Furinkazen's multiple crashes).

Now after being removed from the Ford team due to disagreements with the team, I took a season out and returned to the series in the GT category first with Lancia on GT5 and now in the Corvette. That's my history in WSM/WSC to date

I won the first ever 24 lap Le Mans race in this series predecessor World Sportscar Masters, then had to wait till two and a half years to November 2013 for a win at Pescara. Then I won Eiger week after, my last GTP win to date.

My history with WSC was in a Jaguar and a lot of podiums. every race but 1 I ended up on the podium... And it never seemed likely that I would in the first few races as I got to grips with Jag. I think I scored 7 podiums and a win at Eiger. The only time I didn't was because I was disqualified due to a miscount on the tyre rule... What a dolt

I hope to come back to Le Mans (+ Bathurst and Nurburgring) to win the thing after the chance was rudely taken away from me in WSC V. Hopefully I can match my old pace round there

I also think I hold two famous quotes in the WSC record books. The first at Daytona where in the draft of Panoz's MKIV I exclaimed "197mph, I've never been this fast - where's my braking point" as we thundered towards the first corner.

The other was possibly even more laughable at the Nurburgring after an hour and half of qualifying I was the last man on a lap, up on the fastest lap and only a minute and a half from home when the fuel ran out and I again exclaimed "No, I can't be out of fuel," furiously stomping on the loud pedal - only there was no more loud left and all I got was thunder of laughter from Furi and probably Randy at my failure... This time after coming third in the N24, I will learnt how to put enough fuel in the car to complete two laps of the blasted 'ring :banghead:

My history with WSC was in a Jaguar and a lot of podiums. every race but 1 I ended up on the podium... And it never seemed likely that I would in the first few races as I got to grips with Jag. I think I scored 7 podiums and a win at Eiger. The only time I didn't was because I was disqualified due to a miscount on the tyre rule... What a dolt

I hope to come back to Le Mans (+ Bathurst and Nurburgring) to win the thing after the chance was rudely taken away from me in WSC V. Hopefully I can match my old pace round there

I also think I hold two famous quotes in the WSC record books. The first at Daytona where in the draft of Panoz's MKIV I exclaimed "197mph, I've never been this fast - where's my braking point" as we thundered towards the first corner.

The other was possibly even more laughable at the Nurburgring after an hour and half of qualifying I was the last man on a lap, up on the fastest lap and only a minute and a half from home when the fuel ran out and I again exclaimed "No, I can't be out of fuel," furiously stomping on the loud pedal - only there was no more loud left and all I got was thunder of laughter from Furi and probably Randy at my failure... This time after coming third in the N24, I will learnt how to put enough fuel in the car to complete two laps of the blasted 'ring :banghead:

Using Type V this season, laps TBC.

A GT40 has never won a WSC event incredibly - maybe it's time for the old generation to strike back?

I won Daytona in a GT40 in season 2...

and would have won at Monza too, was a lap up on the field and DC'd with 2 laps remaining

Last edited:
fun time testing today, the Merc feels real fast and was a pleasure to drive. Was only 2 tenths off Snow in the other Mercedes which I feel really good about as I think he is generally a faster driver than I am. I think a podium is realistic.

Daytona seems to be the race with the most attrition in the history of WSC. Turn 1 and the Bus Stop have a way of catching people out and in every WSC Daytona race I have run the first lap has been treacherous. It's going to be real interesting. Mayhem at Daytona...this is WSC!

Well, downforce is to the max on both(the spinning is horrendous) and I've made the spring rate 13.50 front and 9.00 back(also to combat oversteer) with all front dampers at 3 and all back 2. Anti-Roll bars both at 7(minimize body roll, actually made it much better). LSD all set at 60, which is ridiculous, but makes it more stable(but it still is very unstable). Everything else is untouched(except for transmission and power limiter).This setup has improved the car's handling
greatly, and surprisingly doesn't have much understeer. So this setup is OK, but I know it definitely isn't the right way
to go.

Your LSD is all wrong. Having the acceleration sensitivity at 60 will mean you'll be smoking that outside wheel like nobody's business. I'd start with a setting around 20, if the inside spins first under power raise it a couple of notches, if the outside spins first decrease it.

As Furi said, take out any camber you might have on there and as Plux said, your ARBs are a tad stiff. Although I disagree about the damper settings, having softer dampers does have its advantages.

Also what sort of toe are you running?

Great testing yesterday evening. My thanks to @DrifterJoe for pointing me in the right direction for the Cobra Daytona's set up.

My first time in the Prototype division will no doubt be a baptism of fire but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Your LSD is all wrong. Having the acceleration sensitivity at 60 will mean you'll be smoking that outside wheel like nobody's business. I'd start with a setting around 20, if the inside spins first under power raise it a couple of notches, if the outside spins first decrease it.

As Furi said, take out any camber you might have on there and as Plux said, your ARBs are a tad stiff. Although I disagree about the damper settings, having softer dampers does have its advantages.

Also what sort of toe are you running?

I would stiffen up the ext on the front if he's suffering rear instability, should keep the nose up and therefore the weight can be shifted over the rear much faster

I would stiffen up the ext on the front if he's suffering rear instability, should keep the nose up and therefore the weight can be shifted over the rear much faster

Surely you'd stiffen the compression on the front? That way you get more weight kept on the rear under braking and still get the weight shift onto the rear under acceleration. Stiffening the extension would keep more weight on the front under acceleration.

I disagree because extension is how fast the damper return to full extension, when this is faster then the weight will stay at the rear, surely? However, you are definitely correct with increasing the compression as that will help keep the weight on the rear at all times but that isn't required as you'd still need to get the car turned and if the weight is always on the rear then in won't turn in under braking.

My history in GT5 was a bit lacklustre until last season when I had my first win at Monza in the closest finish in any WSC season in any category.

10523211595_67d145fce1_o.png

I had always driven for Corvette in the C3 with no real results to think of until season 6 when I had a podium finish in all but 1 race I think and ended the season in 3rd position.

When Furi left out the C3 for season 7 I almost did not return until I realised that the Shelby Daytona was only 4.5 Million credits so decided to try the GT-P class. Here is hoping for a great season.

Back