WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna Super Lap - Circuito de Madrid

• Thread starter et_
  • 303 comments
@SW__10 I just nudged my time down to 1:24.490 currently 222nd using your tune. A lot more controllable than I remember, perhaps I got confused with the @PASM tune?

My only change was 8:10 brake bias, still using TCS 6 and ABS 1 and now Controller Sensitivity 4. I like moving this car on the brakes, reminds me of the original Gran Turismo.

My low downforce ghost is level with you for the first 1/4 of the lap! That ghost actually still led me around this lap until the very long left at the end. My ghost bottled it through the chicane while I did slightly better this time, although certainly not at a level to attack it yet.

There's some more I could do with the throttle trigger for sure and my lines aren't perfect. Still, I love how everything happens in slow motion with this car. It actually gives me time to learn - the FGT was just 'twitch and hope' for me!

Anyone new to this thread or struggling should start by reading @Growling simple tips to get a gold time. Definitely watch some replays of the top players and maybe Friend some people in this thread, if you don't mind the lines. I like them, they help me compare styles in real-time.

Very fun seasonal, imho. Once you get your eye in, the learning curve is so rewarding. Thank you Polyphony!

Last edited:
This car is really quite nice on the stock setup (after zeroing the toe & camber). 1:25.8XX so far and will keep trying on this setup for a while before I start tweaking things.

I got a 1:23:180 today for 29th. I really want to break into the 1:22s. Few more hrs of intense driving and i reckon i'll be able to get a high 22.

My tune based on.. Tbh I can't remember. Lol. Anyway here it is.. I hope it helps. :)

SPRING RATE
21.06 - 26.76

DAMPER COMP
2 - 3
DAMPER EXT
5 - 6
ARB
6 - 7
CAMBER
0.7 - 1.4
TOE
0.02 - 0.08
BRAKE
6 - 6

TRANS
Set final gear to 2.000
Set max speed to 124
1st 3.747
2nd 2.726
3rd 2.190
4th 1.763
5th 1.477
Then set final gear to

LSD

DOWNFORCE
800 1000

Last edited:
1:25.231 still on the "stock" tune (only zeroed toe & camber). There's some more time left for me but not a lot. Will start tweaking the LSD first as that's been my biggest problem coming out of the slow corners.

I'm LOVING the on/off throttle exhaust sounds on this car. Call me crazy but personally I find it helpful to my driving technique when the car gives that audible feedback to your throttle position.

Got down to a 1:23.030 with relative ease today after running significantly lower FFB (5-1). The new update has enlightened me to the world of non-clipping FFB, and I'm loving it. :D

Good job!
Thanks mate, finally made lap that that was quite solid, I could do bit faster in every corner albeit my mid sector was really good and I think I couldn't improve more that a tenth or a half there if I'd make it super good...

I'm using @SW__10 tune with latest mods but I'm using 6/7 BB. I really can't figure how sw gets around that first hairpin staying on 2nd gear, I just have to drop it to first to get the car rotating, maybe I should work on my brake release...

Any way, thank you guys for sharing @iliasdc @Weider

The strange thing for me is I use the praiano tune with even shorter FG. In the first corner I stay in second gear, and pull a 22.5 first sector. I stay ahead of Sw__10 all the way through the lap until the long left hander before the final chicane.

How he then pulls half a second out of his ass is beyond my comprehension.

The strange thing for me is I use the praiano tune with even shorter FG. In the first corner I stay in second gear, and pull a 22.5 first sector. I stay ahead of Sw__10 all the way through the lap until the long left hander before the final chicane.

How he then pulls half a second out of his ass is beyond my comprehension.
It seems like SW_!10 is running quite wide here. I really can't tell, I think I have to give that praiano tune a shot and see how it feels.

Yeah give it a go, it's a superb tune.

Just wish I could play! Not touched this combo in days and won't be till next week

@ODB : T1, it sounds like you might not be going out wide enough to swing round.
Send me a FR if you want my line. I would be happy to have you on my FR leader board 👍.

:cheers:
Yeah, I really don't know what I do wrong in that first corner, you seem to lift of for that kink before that hairpin, I loose time If I do that but I really think it's bit of a line issue also.

I'll sent you FR next week 👍

An hour of frustration running decent 1st and 2nd sectors only to keep screwing up the final chicane.

Eventually managed to run a half decent final sector and get myself in to the 22's.... just :D

1'22.950, 18th

Using mostly @SW__10 tune, with 5,7 brakes, 0.5 rear camber and 0.00 rear toe 👍

Hopefully I'll get a chance to have a proper go at this TT before it ends. I want to try to keep my streak of 1st's in the US going :P
Same as to a proper shot at it. Been sick all damn week. Tried a second time, but was too achy to go balls out :( Hope I can get at it today or tomorrow because I like this more than the 97T trial. I don't clench for over a minute and 40 and I can sit down and push longer without my brain going to mush. Still love the lotus more because of the brutish raw skill required...but this trial is awesome! Every little mistake is incredibly taxing. Perfect.

I hope they do an F3 TT at monaco, eventually. Would be cool to do the Lotus at madrid and monaco, but it'd be a wheel spin fest, like exiting turn one at the spa TT lollll and all of the replays would look absolutely ridiculous haha.

DS3 novice again. I see @SW__10 is currently 2nd with 1:22.938 so I look forwards to his tune! SW__10 popular FGT tune recently put him on my radar.

Got lucky with a 1:25.973 currently 248th which is 3 seconds of fastest time. This was after lots of 1:26 to 1:28 and 10x more invalid laps. I'm 2 places behind GT_Rajman who won the Seasonal around Matterhorn with NSX LM Prototype Road Car. :D

Tried a few tunes from this topic, all had good points. I personally found the @PASM tune the hardest to control. DS3 noobs like me be warned! Below is my combination, with bits from nearly all the tunes in this topic.

TCS: 6 gave me Gold after 5 more laps
ABS: 1
Controller sensitivity: 6 [Don't use full turning, about halfway seems best mid-corner with less on the way in and out. Formula Gran Turismo (FGT) is a bit like this but less extreme.]

[Edit: I've done my best time by using @SW__10 slightly trickier tune he used for top 10 time.]

Suspension
Ride height 40/40 [cannot change]
Springs 13.61/17.46 [minimum]
Dampers compression 3/3
Dampers extension 6/6
Anti-roll bar 3/2
Camber angle 0/0
Toe angle 0.30/0.60 [positive front toe settles things for the ham-fisted]
Brake balance 7/10 [started hard on the brakes then eased off in the final phase, tiny bit of trail braking made my throttle finger more patient]

Gearbox [Motor City Hami or try manumanu19 ]
Drag the Final to 2.500 then drag Max Speed all the way left to 200kmh/124mph. Now adjust the gears:

1) 4.100 [long way left, some top drivers aren't using 1st but it helps me measure my braking]
2) 3.000 [1/4 less far left]
3) 2.350 [1/4 less far left - early gears near each other to stay near the peak]
4) 1.900 [power curve is actually quite broad compared to the low speeds]
5) 1.550 [almost fully right]
Final 2.000 [only go 500rpm into the red area]

manumanu19 suggests 2.800 and change the later values accordingly. That would give taller gears if you're achieving higher top speeds than me whilst keeping in the curve.

Drivetrain
LSD 10/11/25

Body
Downforce 500/700 [minimum - I tried various suggestions but my ghost always accelerated past me by the end of these straights]

Thoughts on Downforce
All the turns on this track are very low speed which means the downforce doesn't give much more grip. The long straights with hardly any horsepower meant the drag was a real disadvantage - my top speeds were 1km/h more than @SW__10 for example.

First time in a GT race I can remember the drag from downforce being a consideration, let alone being as fundamental as it seems here. (Outside of test courses, naturally.)

Looking forwards to seeing my time get annihilated out of the top 2,000 over the next 2 weeks. :dunce:

Thanks to Praiano and to you Benmillard for the tune, I did mix your both set up, and changed traction to 1, it made my car more fast and enjoyable, after a few laps I got gold , my time is 1:28.966
I'm using a DS3 with automatic transmission, it would have been impossible for me to break the time without your tunes, and the tips I learned from the other members.

ODB
Yeah, I really don't know what I do wrong in that first corner, you seem to lift of for that kink before that hairpin, I loose time If I do that but I really think it's bit of a line issue also.

I'll sent you FR next week 👍

I'm running flat up to the kink at the first corner and am running 22.5 first sectors when I get it right (using SW_10s tune). It's all down to personal preference and individual driving styles.

The key is just to be early on the power, ideally you should be flat before the second apex and don't hit the outside kerb too hard or you'll lose a bit of speed.

Got down to a 23.4 after about 20 min with @SW__10's tune. I think I could get a 22.9, but I'd have to really put in some time, and I'm not in that kind of mood right now:lol:

123.1xx so 1.22.9xx is certainly achievable. Running 6/5 FFB settings & 450 degrees rotation on the G27 which pretty well eliminates the dead zone on the WSR. Was running FFB at 4 before the update.

Back