Formula Gran Turismo Super Lap - Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit

• Thread starter et_
  • 404 comments
Lol Wilson now there's an idea. I have a feeling if nothing else that chicane would be tricky when blind. :scared:

Also, just realize I typed "lie lap" instead of "live lap" in my previous post. Edited now and I blame my phone and my, ehrm how many beers so far tonight? :lol:

@nExx Do you keep updating the thumbnails of your videos or do you just leave them as they are? I ask because most likely you'll drop a few places by the time the rankings are over.

@Sidebrowns : Well I record a longer period of time, and upload onkly the best lap, so it's not a problem. I just need a better cam, the quality isn't good.

@t_wilson01 : I don't update the rankings, it would really take far too much time. Gt6 Leaderboards are dynamic, I hope people know that. I am mostly satisfied when I am in the Top100, but I never made it into th Top100 at the end of a seasonal. I lack both talent and time to do that, I think :cool:

My current FGT tune for Silverstone:

Oil change, Improve body rigidity.

880pp, 930bhp, 566kg.

50/55
16.10/17.50
3/3
4/4
6/6
0/0
-0.20/0.10

Brake: 5/8

Trans

FG 4.005
Max speed 149 mph
1: 7.279
2: 5.401
3: 4.575
4: 3.850
5: 3.235
6: 2.728
7: 2.369
FG 2.500

LSD 5/11/5

99.5% power

700/900 DF

Ballast: 16kg @ 0.

Hope it helps some people out 👍

My current FGT tune for Silverstone:

Oil change, Improve body rigidity.

880pp, 930bhp, 566kg.

50/55
16.10/17.50
3/3
4/4
6/6
0/0
-0.20/0.10

Brake: 5/8

Trans

FG 4.005
Max speed 149 mph
1: 7.279
2: 5.401
3: 4.575
4: 3.850
5: 3.235
6: 2.728
7: 2.369
FG 2.500

LSD 5/11/5

99.5% power

700/900 DF

Ballast: 16kg @ 0.

Hope it helps some people out 👍

Nice tune, especially for Silverstone long fast corners, where good amount of grip is needed to hold the line. I like the oversteer and quick direction changes with this setup. The car started to be alive.
I managed to do 1 min 31 something and get 142 place at the moment.

I used the tune also in aone player mode with few changes on Nurburgring Norschleife and i managed to do stunning 4:59,700 lap which is my new record now, improved from 5:04 something.

Nice tune, especially for Silverstone long fast corners, where good amount of grip is needed to hold the line. I like the oversteer and quick direction changes with this setup. The car started to be alive.
I managed to do 1 min 31 something and get 142 place at the moment.

I used the tune also in aone player mode with few changes on Nurburgring Norschleife and i managed to do stunning 4:59,700 lap which is my new record now, improved from 5:04 something.

Thanks!
I'm glad the tune helped 👍.

I actually just went back and spent about 25 minutes lapping my Formula GT, this time using the tune provided by @Betty blue and I knocked about 2 seconds off my time. It's nothing to brag about at 1:37.837 (3672nd place), but it was an improvement. I don't know how you guys & gals have the patience to do lap after lap. Even though I felt myself improving and becoming adjusted to the crazy speed, I just get so frustrated and stop. That 2 second lap improvement was the ONLY lap I completed that counted - the rest I went too far off the track, cut a corner too much or spun out. Ugh...I need to learn patience!!

It absolutely blows my mind how much faster you guys are than me on this Time Trial. I know my throttle control is terrible on this event and I was getting so frustrated spinning out that I would tend to let my revs drop, by being in too high of a gear, coming out of a lot of the tighter turns. Still, it baffles me to see how well you guys hold the pavement around the fast turns and I'm sliding off at lower speeds. I know it's just a matter of me taking too long to turn in, and do so at the proper angle (drive line) but I can't somehow get my brain to tell my hands to crank that steering wheel sooner! :dunce:

Great job to all of you who are setting some VERY impressive lap times. Well done!!

@SW__10 your tune is next level...

I beat my time by half a second. And beat my previous best 10 - 15 times in an hour session. From 1:31.6 to 1:31.1 with a potential 1:30.5 on the cards.

It wasn't just the speed though, it was more the consistency and drivability. I was knocking out 4/5/6 laps on a row within 2 or 3 tenths of my best time.

Thanks a lot

*sigh* the TT events are getting more unfriendly these days.....I wish they make the SRF setting OPTIONAL like before.

EDIT: Made another last try and hit gold...good thing ABS is still allowed and I got by with everything off but ABS 10.

Last edited:
I'm happy my tune works for you both 👍.

I can't tell is it just that lower front ride height, but this seems to take me around the lap bit faster that other tunes. It took me and hour or so to get used to it but after that I started to see laps around 1.31.0 (DaBomb tune they were something like 1.31:2) and got it even under 1.30.9! It was by only a hair but still. And on that lap (my current PB) I think I loose at least .2 on maggots or even more (I had stunning lap before maggots) and there's still couple of days to go so I think I can shave off some more time before this ends, hopefully :lol:

Thanks one more time :cheers:

Finally managed to get another run in and improved to a 1'29.9 for 29th.

Must be some tune to go through turn 1 flat... I have to lift and change down.

If anyone was wondering there are currently 42,116 entries for this TT. I ran an alternate account at about 10MPH around the course and had a nice 15:43.826 for 42,114th place lol. Apparently there are two people with more patience than I. Last place was a staggering 23:41.679! :eek:
"Sorry, I pass out from anxiety every time I brake for Copse. I managed to run a lap in the 23's when my dog barked at a passing mailman and woke me up."

Started this today, after about an hour tinkering I'm down to 1'30.0. @SW__10 : I think your tune is really good!:bowdown:
I'll try to adapt it to my liking and driving style, but that will not be easy, because I'm not really sure why its so good. Or to put it another way: for me it does'nt handle the way the settings suggest it would.

edit: hehe, this just got a bit better, I just realized I had done 260km on the same oil, so I had lost 3PP when I set my fastest time:P

On another note, Active Steering just does'nt work here at all, I thought it would help with the massive oversteer out of the corners, but all it did was hold the car until the rear end jsut snapped with no warning, impossible to drive really. on top of that it got extremely hard to turn in at apex.
@332i : This is a good example where the aids available just does'nt help you, you're better off with everything turned off.

Now I'm tired, off to bed, will try to get below 1'29 tomorrow (doubt it):)

Latest Posts

Back