WSR F3 Spot Races at Suzuka - June 15th 9PM BSTOpen 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 119 comments
Really nice lap @KingKlingeling 👍 I'm pretty sure that will be a great race!
I agree, that the "esses" section is a tough one for the F3, be careful guys :D

One question: Is it better to change gears early, like an automatic, or later, with over reving the engine? Which one gives better results? ;)

Really nice lap @KingKlingeling 👍 I'm pretty sure that will be a great race!
I agree, that the "esses" section is a tough one for the F3, be careful guys :D

One question: Is it better to change gears early, like an automatic, or later, with over reving the engine? which one gives better results? ;)

I even got a ruler out on my TV on the dynograph on the options screen to work this one out - still not really got an answer, I kind of flick between 3rd and 4th (on the esses). 3rd on corner entry to get a better turn in; fully prepared to accept this is entirely wrong however.

In the esses I go full on 4th. Never going below 130km/h.

I made a low 18 offline (I'm getting really worried with my connection :nervous:). How fast do you go on 120R corners? I feel like I'm loosing a lot there.

I know that it's very light but Brandon complains that its slow and that's why.

I wasn't trying to complain, just commenting on my experience. It "feels" a lot slower than I'd expect even at 100-something MPH and that's probably why it feels docile to me. I'm looking forward to racing it, just didn't turn out to be quite what I expected. I feel the same about the 97T, I thought for sure it would be a homicidal beast that would try to kill me just for touching the steering wheel, but it's actually more like a lap dog who does whatever you ask. :lol: That doesn't mean I dislike either of the cars though. 👍

How fast do you go on 120R corners? I feel like I'm loosing a lot there.

I'm flat out through 130R. Not sure what my speed is but if I hit my mark then I don't have to lift, so whatever full speed is.

You can't deny that the sound is amazing!

Sounds pretty good. It's honking loud, I have to turn down the volume just for it to be the same level as other cars.

Not 130R, my bad. I want to know about Degner corners. I keep mixing both

Ah. I do a quick downshift into 4th for the first Degner and try to brake as little as possible, then a quick downshift to 3rd for the second Degner.

First one I do it in fifth (but in fourth speed) and the second in third but away from the red-line. I feel that's where I'm losing way too much time.

Think that's where I might be losing time too, I take the second in 2nd. That's just before you go under the bridge right?
Just managed a 2:18.633 that's my best so far.

I have a practice room up if anyone is interested. The only rule is you have to take a drink if you spin.

1472 4711 0382 0869 3415

I have a practice room up if anyone is interested. The only rule is you have to take a drink if you spin.

1472 4711 0382 0869 3415

:lol: I think Torzilla moonlights as a Jalopnik commenter.

image.jpg

Sounds like something he'd say. :lol:

Last edited:
Alright, the girlfriends birthday is tomorrow so chances are pretty that good I'm not gonna make it..... just put me on as a maybe.

This is going to be a challange for me to make 30min clean, constant laps. I'm still not used to "the esses" with the F3. Hope to see a nice crowd, that is going to be a great fun :)
Same 👍 This is probably not the best way but I take the first left in 4th, right in 3rd, left in 4th, right in 3rd then left in 4th. I tried it all in 4th but couldn't make it work. Also what gear and speed does everyone take second degner? :cheers:

Same 👍 This is probably not the best way but I take the first left in 4th, right in 3rd, left in 4th, right in 3rd then left in 4th. I tried it all in 4th but couldn't make it work. Also what gear and speed does everyone take second degner? :cheers:

The second one, I'd rather take it at 4th, but it also works in 3rd. But IMHO this car feels more stable in 3rd gear. ;)

For the esses I'll go 4th all the way. The car has enough torque to go back to speed. The car, for me, feels more unstable in third.

I enter the esses in fourth but go to third for the third and fourth turns, then back to fourth the double lefthander before Degner. I find the car rotates easier in third at those speeds.

Back