WSR F3 Spot Races at Suzuka - June 15th 9PM BSTOpen 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 119 comments
thanks chase :cheers:
I had no practise so far and the rig is currently disassembled due some major uprades , but I think Its ready till sunday .
can't say anything about my pace but I'm pretty used on suzuka :D and the F3 is a lovely driving vehicle .
I'll be there 👍

My internet is acting up again. Did some off-line practise and I still have to find 4 seconds. 4 SECONDS!! Two to make 2:18 and plus 2 to make up for on-line. I'm sad now...

My internet is acting up again. Did some off-line practise and I still have to find 4 seconds. 4 SECONDS!! Two to make 2:18 and plus 2 to make up for on-line. I'm sad now...

I'm familiar with a lot of the field here, don't stress, there will be a good range of pace across the field and you won't be sat on your own! Remember the second race is a reverse grid race too.

@KingKlingeling and @MC-Chase are usually 1-2 seconds faster than the majority of the field, if that makes you feel any better. If I'm within a second of either of them I consider it a good lap time. 👍

The worst part is that I'm at 19's off-line. Online I'm expecting to be between 1-1.5 sec slower than offline. I made an oil change. I hope to gain a bit.

Got a practice room up for those interested.
Room: 1472-6681-3243-9096-0665

Aaaaaaand it's gone

Last edited:
I actually tried that on my G27 but it made it judder really badly, like I was on a rally event :confused: I was in the F3 on Suzuka :lol: had to change it back.

Are you sure, you've changed to 670°, not for 240° or 450°? 670° feels good to me, juddering starts from 450° (but it's just my feeling ;))

I had time to do a few laps, changed my rotation to 630 and was able to get a 2:19.9. I could shave a little time off that but not too much.

I just rebuilt my "old" rig for a quick practise :D
I tried the steering lock settings on the T500 but no way I get used to after years of 1080 degrees :lol:
I drove insanly fast 2.30.xxx laps :banghead:
but with my normal settings I was able to run a 2.16.736 :sly:
but really not consistent , well , from 15 laps I drove , I spun out in 8 of them :scared:

+ I first have to get used to the load cell I've installed ,because it adds a slightly deadzone and you have to floor the pedal really damn hard to get at least a tiny reaction.

one of the reasons for my rig makeover , it bends and squeaks pretty noisy under braking :irked:

rig disassembled again 👍 see you sunday :gtpflag:

well , from 15 laps I drove , I spun out in 8 of them :scared:

How on earth did you manage that?? :confused: I spun once in ten laps and that was because I had no fewer than two wheels in the green stuff. I find this car to be so docile that I start to doze off halfway through the lap (probably why I'm so slow :lol: ).

How on earth did you manage that?? :confused: I spun once in ten laps and that was because I had no fewer than two wheels in the green stuff. I find this car to be so docile that I start to doze off halfway through the lap (probably why I'm so slow :lol: ).

Docile? I find it's a bit of a handful :scared:! Interesting stuff :boggled:.

I tend to loose traction in the esses in 3rd and 4th gear which ends in drift action :D
and my drift abilities are exeedingly modest :sly:

I locked the steering at 640º and pulled a high 18. I can be faster in the esses and the first 120R. Oddly enough I'm more comfortable at 450º but I couldn't complete a lap.

The car is a blast, since you keep it in the black bit. And of all the sessions I could do 5 laps without spinning off and I was going slowly as hell.

Last edited:
Getting constant clean laps in this car is giving me problems. As long as I have all four wheels on the track it handles great, but as soon as one wheel goes off track even just a little it's spin city. My plan for this race is to keep it on track and hope other drivers spin more than I do.
Me too, on the softs its great to drive but it's a little tough to be consistent on the hards. For me anyway :indiff:

Docile? I find it's a bit of a handful :scared:! Interesting stuff :boggled:.

I tend to loose traction in the esses in 3rd and 4th gear which ends in drift action

We are talking about the Senna WSR F3, the little white car with the big wing on the back, correct? :confused: I find it to be incredibly docile, almost like a slot car. I get a tiny bit of understeer in the esses, other than that it goes exactly where I point it without ever a hint of protest or oversteer. I can make it oversteer if I try really, really, really hard, but never under normal driving (unless I clip the grass). Even on SH it feels (to me) like it's on racing tires. Interesting.

We are talking about the Senna WSR F3, the little white car with the big wing on the back, correct? :confused: I find it to be incredibly docile, almost like a slot car. I get a tiny bit of understeer in the esses, other than that it goes exactly where I point it without ever a hint of protest or oversteer. I can make it oversteer if I try really, really, really hard, but never under normal driving (unless I clip the grass). Even on SH it feels (to me) like it's on racing tires. Interesting.

I agree, the car sticks to the track until you hit the grass, even a little but. This is the biggest problem I've ever had hitting the grass.

This is the biggest problem I've ever had hitting the grass.

Except for that one night in the alley behind the Qwik-E-Mart when you smoked too much and ended up hitting on that dude's girlfriend. :nervous:

in a fast lap I try really, really hard :D :cheers:
just kidding , yeah I'm in the tiny white car .
Odd how we're all different about the car :confused:
I love it 👍

Yes, quite odd. I don't really like it or dislike it, just find it very sterile and a lot more boring than I expected it to be. It also feels very slow, like I never exceed 55mp. Should be fun racing them though. 👍

(Not complaining about the car by any means, just interesting to see how we all experience it so differently. I feel the same about the Lotus F1, very tame and docile even on sports tires.)

Last edited:
Back