WTCR FINISH - CONGRATULATION FOR CPT_DISASTER FOR WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP !!!!!!

• Thread starter Ares85
  • 249 comments
Thanks to all that show up yesterday:D, i saw many great wheel to wheel battles on replays, congrats to @Lazybike for winning in race 1 & 2 and for @epic_apri_39 for winning in race 3.

The first corner on Fuji always brings some action, after reviewing replays there were a few incidents about which I would like to mention.
At first lap in second race when @epic_apri_39 decided to do a brake test and sent @Cpt. Disaster of the track, which resulted in the loss of a few positions by Cpt.
Second incident was on Race 3, lap 7 at turn 15 between @Duker_86 and @megg230 where during contact, megg left the track,
I decided in connection with these two incidents not to take any actions with giving penalties, because both guilty finished the races at the back.
There is also a third incident between @megg230 and @BigJimmy in Race 2 on lap 2 at turn 10, when BigJ wanted to fit outside of the track when megg was preparing to make a right turn, which caused BigJ to left the track, in this case I also decided not to grant any penalties because IMHO megg was ahead before turning and he had priority to do it. If someone does not agree with my opinion, just let me know.
Unfortunately I have no experience in how to copy the replay and upload it to GTplanet.

Points, ballast and pick will come out in few days.

QUALIFICATION - Cpt.Disaster 1 pt.

RACE 1
1. Lazybike - 27 pts,
2. Cpt_Disaster - 20 pts,
3. megg230 - 17 pts,
4. si_berian_tiger - 14 pts,
5. Ares85 - 12 pts,
6. epic_apri_39 - 10 pts,
7. Duker_86 - 8 pts,

Fastest lap - Cpt_Disaster - 1 pt.

RACE 2
1. Lazybike - 25 pts,
2. si_berian_tiger - 18 pts,
3. megg230 - 15 pts,
4. Ares85 - 12 pts,
5. Cpt. Disaster - 10 pts,
6. BigJimmy - 8 pts,
7. epic_apri_39 - 6 pts,
8. Duker_86 - 4 pts,

Fastest lap - Lazybike - 1 pt,

RACE 3
1. epic_apri_39 - 30 pts,
2. Lazybike - 23 pts,
3. Cpt. Disaster - 19 pts,
4. @si_berian_tiger - 16 pts,
5. megg230 - 13 pts,
6. BigJimmy - 10 pts,
7. Ares85 - 7 pts,
8. Duker_86 - 4 pts.

Fastest lap - Lazybike - 1 pt.

POINTS TABLE

wtcr 2.1.jpg

BALLAST PENALTY FOR ROUND NR 3

Lazybike - 5% - 1323 kg
megg230 - 4% - 1302 kg
Cpt_Disaster - 3% - 1293 kg
si_berian_tiger - 2% - 1282 kg
WhiteFlight1 - 1% - 1270 kg

Ballast penalty is mandatory for the entire next round.

Last edited:
Don't forget to practice with the extra ballast..I did some testing at Mt Panarama tonight, there's something weird with the grip, I was doing 2:12.5 in the daily races, could barely get into the 16's in custom race, car felt really heavy, I'm going to try it in a lobby tomorrow.

I just tested in a lobby at Mt Panarama, with race settings and ballast I'm 4 secs a lap slower than my daily race time, something has changed or they use different physics for daily races, in the daily race getting up the mountain in 2nd/3rd you had to watch the wheelspin, in the lobby you can plant your foot and leave it there, It's like the car weighs twice as much.
All the FF cars suffer with bad tyre wear I'd be happy to see it go from 3 to 2, I think it would make for closer racing.

I just tested in a lobby at Mt Panarama, with race settings and ballast I'm 4 secs a lap slower than my daily race time, something has changed or they use different physics for daily races, in the daily race getting up the mountain in 2nd/3rd you had to watch the wheelspin, in the lobby you can plant your foot and leave it there, It's like the car weighs twice as much.
All the FF cars suffer with bad tyre wear I'd be happy to see it go from 3 to 2, I think it would make for closer racing.
Times will be better in daily races because they have stronger specyfication, less weight and more power.

Sadly I'm going to have to withdraw from the series, started a new job, working mostly nights the day of the race. If this changes I'll let you know to see if there's space for me to rejoin. Have a great series gentlemen and I'll hopefully catch some of you soon.

Sadly I'm going to have to withdraw from the series, started a new job, working mostly nights the day of the race. If this changes I'll let you know to see if there's space for me to rejoin. Have a great series gentlemen and I'll hopefully catch some of you soon.
It is a shame to hear it, but there always will be room for a good driver:cheers:, good luck with a new job:tup:.

Hej guys a reminder of upcoming 3rd round at Mount Panorama, there also will be a slice change in time of the first race:

Quali - 8:00 p.m.
Race 1 - 10 minutes earlier, right after qualification, beetwen race 1 and 2 there will be a 20 minut brake, because i have to leave the house for a moment, sorry for the inconvenience.

The rest of the races will take place normally:
Race 2 - 9:00 p.m.
Race 3 - 9:30 p.m.

A small update for tomorrow round, after today morning test it turned out that the fuel consumption in Scirocco at the x3 setting is too large and vw may run out of fuel in the main race, sow the fuel consumption will be reduce to x2.

I have just done a 1.2hr event at Bathurst in the M6.. I wonder how well it will translate into an FF car. Hmmm.
It can't hurt! I find switching from Gr3 to Gr4 easier than vice versa.

While I'm here I'd like to point out that max ballast has a big effect on the RCZ, I will have to brake a bit earlier than most and acceleration up the mountain is slower, I don't want to ruin anyone's race when I have to brake 10 metres earlier than normal.

Back