• Thread starter Castrol96
  • 305 comments

X2014 Good, or Bad?

• Good

Votes: 243 61.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 151 38.3%

• Total voters
They are meant to be extremely hard. Only the best will complete them. I got silver in two/3 and a bronze in one of them. Its 'tquite literally meant to be for the best drivers.
Surely.
And Joypad don't help.
What annoys me is that to get the platinum in gran turismo you have to get all gold, which, frankly, is also outside of the vast majority of users. :cheers:

Will always be used as the griefers car in online lobbies. How anyone can see it as a good thing is beyond me.

It's sad that many of the younger gamers on GT will aspire to the Red Bull cars as the pinnacle of all cars. "It's the fastest, it handles on rails". Understandably - it does look like a spaceship compared to any other car, but still, its just a toy to mess around with on a few occasion AT BEST.

Sad truth. You can't fault them, Red Bull is dominating F1 and they have a ZOMFG 300 mph!!!!!! car in GT.

I don't think so, the 5G was just an X2010 with the fan turned off, replacing that we have the "X2014 Standard",an X2014 with no fan. The X2014 Jr is a separate car, I assume it is a smaller car, still with fans, but with much less power and downforce for learning to use the X2014, rather than the non-sucker-all-power car that will be much harder to drive.

If you watch the video that I linked about the X2010 5G then you'll notice in P.D.'s description that they've also lowered the boost pressures of the X2010's turbos so that the car only produces 375 to 400bhp. This is in line with current GP3 cars and P.D. even mentions in the description that this is virtually a training tool for the fully-fledged X2010.

The X2010 Standard in my opinion would be their current spec formula car since the F1 Ferraris aren't in the game (yet).

Surely.
And Joypad don't help.
What annoys me is that to get the platinum in gran turismo you have to get all gold, which, frankly, is also outside of the vast majority of users. :cheers:

Its meant to be a really hard game in the end. So the people who get platinum for it will be over the moon. it really is a true award.

Sad truth. You can't fault them, Red Bull is dominating F1 and they have a ZOMFG 300 mph!!!!!! car in GT.

Its not he cars fault. its the users.

The car is a masterpiece in aerodynamic technology.

If you watch the video that I linked about the X2010 5G then you'll notice in P.D.'s description that they've also lowered the boost pressures of the X2010's turbos so that the car only produces 375 to 400bhp. This is in line with current GP3 cars and P.D. even mentions in the description that this is virtually a training tool for the fully-fledged X2010.

The X2010 Standard in my opinion would be their current spec formula car since the F1 Ferraris aren't in the game (yet).
ah, I see, thanks for pointing that out, I wasn't 100% sure about the 5G, thought it was only fans off

But its no real car. No tyre could cope with such forces, no gear box could survive those loads, no driver would even dare to race this thing because no one can survive those lateral accelerations and it would be stupidly dangerous. I mean... Just find a real world tyre which can keep contact with the road while slowing down from 300km/h to 80km/h in like one second without locking up.

So I take its aerodynamic solutions with a pin of salt... A concept car, which could be possible in real world (some kind of F1/LMP1 hybrid), would have been way more interesting IMO.

For those who think that these cars are a bit too unrealistic, then have hope that the junior X2014 behaves more like a souped-up F1 car that will actually be fun to drive and behave more like normal race cars we are used to.

But its no real car. No tyre could cope with such forces, no gear box could survive those loads, no driver would even dare to race this thing because no one can survive those lateral accelerations and it would be stupidly dangerous. I mean... Just find a real world tyre which can keep contact with the road while slowing down from 300km/h to 80km/h in like one second without locking up.

So I take its aerodynamic solutions with a pin of salt... A concept car, which could be possible in real world (some kind of F1/LMP1 hybrid), would have been way more interesting IMO.

You guys should really read some of the first posts in this thread by @Exorcet. He seems to know his stuff when it comes to real world aero/materials/engineering. In any case these X-cars are highly plausible assuming that Red Bull Racing/Adrian Newey had as much input into all the X2014 variants as they did in the X2010 and X2011.

A car that has everything imaginable to boast the maximum speed available (Ever) is good to play with. The previous models were already utopian cars ( I've read somewhere that you'd need some inertial dampners on the car if it existed for real to survive the acceleration G's). This simply confirms that the game is more than a simulator, but a game. It helped to clear the 1000km of Suzuka in GT5 to have this car... even if you crash, you get over 30 + laps ahead of eveyone.

I hate those cars. Any time you drive one you'll win the race by miles, so it's boring in that respect. Driving on a straightaway causes the steering wheel to shake, cornering consists of flicking the wheel 90 degrees to the side and then instantly back to straight - it's more of an arcade experience than anything to do with driving.

You guys should really read some of the first posts in this thread by @Exorcet. He seems to know his stuff when it comes to real world aero/materials/engineering. In any case these X-cars are highly plausible assuming that Red Bull Racing/Adrian Newey had as much input into all the X2014 variants as they did in the X2010 and X2011.

I am not arguing its aerodynamic capabilities (sorry I am not a native speaker). I am just saying it is impossible to reach those performance in the real world because we have not the technology yet. I can't think of any tyre which could replicate the performance figures we have seen in GT5 (crazy decelerations for example without locking) or taking such high cornering forces (Doing the schweden kreuz on the Ring at +280mph).
Thats why I don't like this car, of course its interesting to see such a concept by Adrian Newey himself, but I feel like its performance figures are way to exegrated and would have prefered something closer to reality.
IMO the Ferrari F2004 is still the fastest race car ever made (for sure its the fastest F1 car), but its still bound to F1 regs. Giving it wheel covers, a closed cockpit, slicks and a fan (everything we have seen in the x201x cars) would be really interesting, but I am sure it would not lap 30s faster at Suzuka.

you dont seriously believe this do you?

That was just a speculation on my part. Of course it won't be exactly the same, but maybe the performance will be quite similar. In the picture above I can't see the fan either. Guess we'll know for sure tomorrow ;)

...but X1 in GT6 sounds so good.

It is fun to drive every now and then on Nürburgring.

They are meant to be extremely hard. Only the best will complete them. I got silver in two/3 and a bronze in one of them. Its quite literally meant to be for the best drivers.

And I got all 3 gold with DS3.

Last edited:
Sorry I am not a native speaker

That's not an excuse to stop you from learning through reading ;)

Start reading @Exorcet's posts here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/x2014-good-or-bad.288632/page-4#post-8904823 - If you can sift through his correcting all the misinformed/griefing members you'll actually pick up a factual thing or two about this car.

As for the rest of your post here's my two-cents (opinion).

I am not arguing its aerodynamic capabilities. I am just saying it is impossible to reach those performance in the real world because we have not the technology yet. I can't think of any tyre which could replicate the performance figures we have seen in GT5 (crazy decelerations for example without locking) or taking such high cornering forces (Doing the schweden kreuz on the Ring at +280mph).

That's why if enough time and money was actually spent making this car in real life (which would be in the order of millions) you don't take it to the Nordschliefe. They've run modern Formula 1 cars around the Nurburgring for promotional purposes (once in a BMW with Nick Heidfeld and another in a Mercedes-Benz with Michael Schumacher) and they were not anywhere near the limit in terms of car and tyre performance.

IMO the Ferrari F2004 is still the fastest race car ever made (for sure its the fastest F1 car), but its still bound to F1 regs. Giving it wheel covers, a closed cockpit, slicks and a fan (everything we have seen in the x201x cars) would be really interesting, but I am sure it would not lap 30s faster at
Suzuka.

Nobody claimed that the X-cars could lap Suzuka 30 seconds faster than the current Suzuka lap record. It's more like 20 seconds. The F2004 ran in the V10 F1 era and those cars were pushing out approx. 1000bhp before they switched to the V8s. F1 cars back in the 1980s ran turbo V6s and were pushing out 1000-1500bhp in qualifying trim. If you take 1980s technology and apply 2010s know-how it's not too difficult to see that the X-cars performance figures are plausible if the cars were ever made.

Going back to the tyre discussion.

I can't think of any tyre which could replicate the performance figures we have seen in GT5 (crazy decelerations for example without locking) or taking such high cornering forces (Doing the schweden kreuz on the Ring at +280mph).

You can run current tyre technology on the X-cars and it will be just like the 1980s F1 qualifying sessions where once the drivers have set a timed lap they'd throw the tyres away since they're well past their useful life.

If you've managed to read this whole thing you might be interested in watching this video about fan-car technology as well. If you put all the factors I've mentioned above together it is completely plausible for the X-cars to exist in the real world and lap Suzuka over 20 seconds faster than the current fastest lap around that circut.

...but X1 in GT6 sounds so good.

It is fun to drive every now and then on Nürburgring.

That's amazing! It doesn't sound dull anymore! I hope the X2014 Jr. sounds mostly the same. I will totally run a ton of lobbies with races for that in GT6, if so!

Louie_Schumii thx for linking to those posts and vids. Again, I`m not doubting that a car could reach those performance levels one day, the fan alone could be a huge advantage for a F1 car. I just can`t believe that a car can already be so much faster than a F1 car. To put it in simple words: I was amazed when I drove the X1 for the first time.

Also about the tyres, I did not study a engineering subject about this (studied mechanical), but I think there is a lot more to it than "soft" rubber. F1 cars only reach very high cornering forces 4-5 times a lap, yet we wittnessed several tyre failures over the years. Even during bridgestones grooved tyre days (Hamilton/Turkey 2007 springs to my mind). Also, do you remember the 2005 US GP? This was at the height of the F1 tyre war, when Michelin and Bridgestone were burning 100s of millions to build the best tyre possible under F1 Regs.
I also remember how Kovalainens rim exploded during the 2008 spanish GP. That was always the big question mark to me, can we manufacture tyres which could endure such forces? The X1`s slowest cornering speed would still be higher than a F1 cars average one on -lets say- Suzuka.

I don`t know if we already have the engineering solutions to make this car possible, if we do, yeah I totally aggree with you that such car could be possible.

I might add, I am way more interested into the X2014jr.

Last edited:
If you take 1980s technology and apply 2010s know-how it's not too difficult to see that the X-cars performance figures are plausible if the cars were ever made.

Hmmm, big power turbo engines with lag - doesn't sound like the optimum technology to get X-car level of performance to me. Modern technology would be superior in producing high power levels but coupled with better response.

I must be one of the rare X1 likers. Ive always like the concept and design, more or what could be and little of what is. I hope theres a series for the new x14 as they are more realistic. Take skill to race one and not just drive it around in a TT

The first X car I really didn't car for to much just for the reason it was a very unstable car no matter what was does correct the violent movement of the car. With the three X car I may change my mind.

Louie_Schumii thx for linking to those posts and vids. Again, I`m not doubting that a car could reach those performance levels one day, the fan alone could be a huge advantage for a F1 car. I just can`t believe that a car can already be so much faster than a F1 car. To put it in simple words: I was amazed when I drove the X1 for the first time.

Also about the tyres, I did not study a engineering subject about this (studied mechanical), but I think there is a lot more to it than "soft" rubber. F1 cars only reach very high cornering forces 4-5 times a lap, yet we wittnessed several tyre failures over the years. Even during bridgestones grooved tyre days (Hamilton/Turkey 2007 springs to my mind). Also, do you remember the 2005 US GP? This was at the height of the F1 tyre war, when Michelin and Bridgestone were burning 100s of millions to build the best tyre possible under F1 Regs.
I also remember how Kovalainens rim exploded during the 2008 spanish GP. That was always the big question mark to me, can we manufacture tyres which could endure such forces? The X1`s slowest cornering speed would still be higher than a F1 cars average one on -lets say- Suzuka.

I don`t know if we already have the engineering solutions to make this car possible, if we do, yeah I totally aggree with you that such car could be possible.

I might add, I am way more interested into the X2014jr.

That's the point, right there. 'Under F1 Regs' means 'at the whim of Bernie'. Unfortunately F1 has been far from the technological or biological limit for decades, maybe it's time they took a crazy risk by allowing unlimited freedom on tyre design and weak fans and other aerodynamic assistance that started being used, and were then banned, in F1 before most of the current drivers were born.

Latest Posts

Back