• 305 comments

X2014 Good, or Bad?

• Good

Votes: 243 61.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 151 38.3%

• Total voters
I guess the NON-FAN one is ok :)... Guilty- not a very big fan of fan cars
Fan cars are a bit naughty, and they were banned from motorsports for a good reason. I enjoyed using the Chaparral 2J in Gt4 but in GT5 when it was very hard to find, even harder to afford, and turned up in every single classic car race, crushing the 20mil cars, that got frustrating.
I have a sneaking suspicion though that without the fan, the X2014 may be very, very hard to control

why should people have to create room limits to simply protect themselves?
We shouldn't, really, but if you set the PP limit at 890, that should allow everything but the X-cars in

I agree it's not the same because we know what the RB series had accomplished but seems PD can't obtain the actual cars via Newey which is bizarre

It's probably less about Newey and more about Bernie.

I think these X cars are a really good replacement for the lack of modern F1 cars, the junior and non-fan cars sound like they're meant to represent real-life formula cars.

It's probably less about Newey and more about Bernie.

I think these X cars are a really good replacement for the lack of modern F1 cars, the junior and non-fan cars sound like they're meant to represent real-life formula cars.

I don't see why, Bernie's stake is only in certain newer tracks and the actual likeness of F1 racing. So we'll never get a full grid or majority gird without the FOM approval, but the cars are licensed through the manufacture so...

Newey would never allow his (F1) car to be in such a game. that would allow other teams to study the car in detail, being Gran Turismo, and they would lose the advantage they have worked so hard for.

How would it be able to be studied? I mean if there were CFD models and wind tunnel models then sure , but having PD model the launch car is quite different than the one run after the first set of major upgrades (Bahrain/Turkey depending on the car year). Also with the rule changes and different engine I'm not sure how much teams would expect to get also the car doesn't break down all the great engineering that goes into it, nor does GT simulate on the same scale a real F1 simulator does. So there has to be some other reason we can't get the real RBs

I don't see why, Bernie's stake is only in certain newer tracks and the actual likeness of F1 racing. So we'll never get a full grid or majority gird without the FOM approval, but the cars are licensed through the manufacture so...

I assumed FOM at least had some say in it because any F1 car technically represents the F1 likeness. I don't see any other explanation for it.

I assumed FOM at least had some say in it because any F1 car technically represents the F1 likeness. I don't see any other explanation for it.

No that's not how it has worked or works, F1 cars can be licensed out various games have official cars at this moment without going through the FOM. Why? Simple because they are manufactured by a company outside of FOM. The FOM controls the racing side, you can have the cars, you just can't race them and in a theoretical F1 race in virtual settings. Only one company is allowed to set up virtual F1 racing and sell it to the populous (obviously CM). FOM doesn't have a say on if Inifiniti Red Bull Racing allows the RB5 to be modeled for a sim racing game, rather Infiniti Red Bull says yes or no.

Maybe Newey doesn't own the cars rather Dietrich Mateschitz own them and the team and such and perhaps he wants an amount of money that PD isn't wiling to spend. Perhaps it's much more unique to have X20xx cars designed by Newey as well as being more unique. Or maybe PD just don't want F1 cars due to the restrictions it puts on the video game. These are all potential reasons.

Last edited:
No that's not how it has worked or works, F1 cars can be licensed out various games have official cars at this moment without going through the FOM. Why? Simple because they are manufactured by a company outside of FOM. The FOM controls the racing side, you can have the cars, you just can't race them and in a theoretical F1 race in virtual settings. Only one company is allowed to set up virtual F1 racing and sell it to the populous (obviously CM). FOM doesn't have a say on if Inifiniti Red Bull Racing allows the RB5 to be modeled for a sim racing game, rather Infiniti Red Bull says yes or no.

Maybe Newey doesn't own the cars rather Dietrich Mateschitz own them and the team and such and perhaps he wants an amount of money that PD isn't wiling to spend. Perhaps it's much more unique to have X20xx cars designed by Newey as well as being more unique. Or maybe PD just don't want F1 cars due to the restrictions it puts on the video game.

Beats me then. I can't imagine it's because of the restrictions of not having the other cars or rules, since that's the same with every other race series in GT games. The cost from RB doesn't seem likely either since they were able to get two cars from Ferrari, which i would imagine would cost more than a RedBull.

Also, how do you know those other games didn't actually have to go through FOM for final approval? Not that i'm saying they did, but just because they have the cars doesn't mean they didn't go through FOM for them.

Hmm... poll options should have been "Good" or "Garbage". Seriously, who drives that turd? I can never, for the life of me, even for a second, consider it fun driving a fantasy car that looks and functions as if it's from a Pixar movie.

I'll take pleasure in driving the cars which exist in the real world, as they exist in the game. It's something to connect to, passionately, as a car guy.

One of the things I have always liked about GT5 is the variety of cars to choose from.

So I think the OP's poll is a bit like trying to quantify something like beauty which is determined by the eye of the beholder.

Every car from the lowly FF four-bangers to the X2010/X2011 is a tool that can teach you something about a track.

I have always used the X2010/X2011 as reflex sharpeners, doing so did wonders for improving my F1, FGT and LMP driving skills in GT5.

I also had a very difficult time driving the X2010/X2011 at first, until I turned the power down to 50% and learned to corner it first, for a long time my lap times were better at 75% power then at 100%.

I am glad to see the inclusion of the two lower performance models, it should make the learning curve less steep.

I use a wheel.

The problem stems from it being the "perfect" griefer car. Instant acceleration, high speeds and insane grip. Smack into someone, speed off, repeat. No other car is half as effective at causing trouble - griefers may move on to a different car if there was no RB car but it wouldn't be anywhere near as annoying as the nuisance RB.
Ok granted but it could come down to the argument guns don't kill people, people do

Beats me then. I can't imagine it's because of the restrictions of not having the other cars or rules, since that's the same with every other race series in GT games. The cost from RB doesn't seem likely either since they were able to get two cars from Ferrari, which i would imagine would cost more than a RedBull.

That's not necessarily true, considering Ferrari was most likely a package deal and not just licensing a few F1 cars but road cars and prototype road cars that RB doesn't have. Also for the restrictions I'm confused what you're talking about, no other group of cars had the restriction the F1 Ferrari's had, in which they could only drive against each other a no one else.

Also, how do you know those other games didn't actually have to go through FOM for final approval? Not that i'm saying they did, but just because they have the cars doesn't mean they didn't go through FOM for them.

Because they sent out press reports stating it was a partnership between manufactures, Iracing said it was a joint effort with Williams, rFactor said the same with Marussia, SimRaceWay partnered with McLaren and T10 is due to the Microsoft partnership with Lotus. Once again the FOM doesn't own car licenses they only own the rights to F1's image which is the F1 name, and racing that mimics an F1 season or seasons.

Bafgs6MCUAAyK-3.jpg:large

Front nose has definitely a Dallara F312 vibe to it.

I hope it has power figures of around 150-225 HP. There needs to be a junior formulae and this could be it.

I'd imagine the X2014 Jr. to be similar in performance to the Red Bull X2010 5G they had for that Japanese gaming competition.

I'm glad they're carrying these challenges over from GT5 with a bunch of new cars. Really enjoyed the challenge of trying to beat Vettel and it's not often you can say you were 1-2 seconds faster than a quadruple F1 world champion (albeit in a racing sim :P).

That's not necessarily true, considering Ferrari was most likely a package deal and not just licensing a few F1 cars but road cars and prototype road cars that RB doesn't have. Also for the restrictions I'm confused what you're talking about, no other group of cars had the restriction the F1 Ferrari's had, in which they could only drive against each other a no one else.

I thought you meant the restrictions of not having other cars or rules to go along with them. I wasn't aware that the reason why they didn't allow the Ferrari F1's in GT5 to race against other cars was because of FOM licensing issues. Also, i know Ferrari had a larger licensing deal than just the F1 cars, but so did RedBull, in fact considering they had Loeb, Vettel, and Newey, i would say the RedBull deal was even bigger than the Ferrari deal, so again, i find it hard to believe that it was a cost issue.

Because they sent out press reports stating it was a partnership between manufactures, Iracing said it was a joint effort with Williams, rFactor said the same with Marussia, SimRaceWay partnered with McLaren and T10 is due to the Microsoft partnership with Lotus. Once again the FOM doesn't own car licenses they only own the rights to F1's image which is the F1 name, and racing that mimics an F1 season or seasons.

I guess that makes sense.

Either way, modern F1 cars are not hugely exciting, the regulations limit them so much more than they used to, i think it's actually a good thing that they have these X20xx car that shows what a race car could potentially be without all the financial and political nonsense. I would even go so far as to say that i would rather have these X cars than the modern F1 cars.

I thought you meant the restrictions of not having other cars or rules to go along with them. I wasn't aware that the reason why they didn't allow the Ferrari F1's in GT5 to race against other cars was because of FOM licensing issues. Also, i know Ferrari had a larger licensing deal than just the F1 cars, but so did RedBull, in fact considering they had Loeb, Vettel, and Newey, i would say the RedBull deal was even bigger than the Ferrari deal, so again, i find it hard to believe that it was a cost issue.

I don't see how really, Newey's effort was on the same level of GTV which seems to be cheaper than getting actual current cars. IF it wasn't or isn't cheaper I'd like to know why GT games are getting more real life cars.

I also would say that Vettel and Loeb being in the game is nothing more than them agreeing and meet promotional obligations put forth by RB. I doubt it cost all that much more than the many cars we got from Ferrari for GT5 and the added for GT6. However, we don't know what the issue was so it's speculation at this point. What we do know is that a good number of F1 cars are up for grabs and PD don't seem to be making an effort to obtain them. Though there is some hope with the Senna partnership and Andretti, but that only gets them so much and there is no promise it will be the F1 cars they drove.

Either way, modern F1 cars are not hugely exciting, the regulations limit them so much more than they used to, i think it's actually a good thing that they have these X20xx car that shows what a race car could potentially be without all the financial and political nonsense. I would even go so far as to say that i would rather have these X cars than the modern F1 cars.

With GT games having many other real issues to complain about I agree, I too like the X cars and don't understand why people hate them. Other than people abusing the cars for what they are to annoy other players that will happen in any game. I'm an engineering student in Aero so I obviously respect the cars on a different level that others usually would which is most times purely on looks or speed or sound or driver. I actually like modern F1 cars well all but the massive size of the front wing.

Last edited:
I can understand why people dislike these cars in an online environment (not that I play online although if my connection changes I may come out and play) And in a racing format these are useless due to the sheer speeds attained. However as a hot lap car these are fantastic, not because you can set record times but you are driving a car that theoretically will work at the limits of aero and tech and it tests your ability and reflexes unlike any other car in the game. That alone is an experience in itself. Why take it away from the game? If you hate it so much you got a raft of other cars to stock your garage with and avoid the x challenges. Its not the cars fault that people take em in events and act like tools, that is the drivers fault. That's where your beef lies

Guys. Why don't they just use a slightly dated F1 car instead? Like maybe the 2012 RB. Not really a big deal anyway.

Also what confuses me is that it seems alot of people can't be asked to change PP limit for the better, its a god damn game its not like going to the shops now is it? Click click done.

If these Redbull cars are such a threat to online racing, why can't PD just simply implement a whitelist and blacklist system, if it isn't already in the game? The host could add all GT3 cars to a whitelist, or just pick the X201# and put it in the blacklist.

If these Redbull cars are such a threat to online racing, why can't PD just simply implement a whitelist and blacklist system, if it isn't already in the game? The host could add all GT3 cars to a whitelist, or just pick the X201# and put it in the blacklist.
It's the juvenile delinquents that can't drive these are the real threats.

I fully agree! Its those half wits that simply cannot drive them even in a straight line. Its not at all the cars fault. Just hope the X Series cars are much harder to get that's all.

I'd imagine the X2014 Jr. to be similar in performance to the Red Bull X2010 5G they had for that Japanese gaming competition.
I don't think so, the 5G was just an X2010 with the fan turned off, replacing that we have the "X2014 Standard",an X2014 with no fan. The X2014 Jr is a separate car, I assume it is a smaller car, still with fans, but with much less power and downforce for learning to use the X2014, rather than the non-sucker-all-power car that will be much harder to drive.

I voted "bad" principally because the special events organized for she, are simply impossible.

They are meant to be extremely hard. Only the best will complete them. I got silver in two/3 and a bronze in one of them. Its quite literally meant to be for the best drivers.

Back