Xbox One X and Logitech G27 wheel and Cronusmax Drivehub

• Thread starter randys
  • 8 comments
Use good quality USB cables, and follow the directions. If there are problems ask Podger for help over in the Drive Hub thread. He's very helpful and will point you in the right direction.

I don't have an XB1X, but I did have some problems getting the Drive Hub to work on my XB1. The problem was a cheap USB cable I was attempting to use. Switching it out for the USB cable that came with my XB1 controller's play and charge kit, fixed the problem. After that, the Drive Hub worked well. FM5, FM6, FM7, Forza Horizon 2, Project CARS, WRC 5 and, Assetto Corsa seen my Fanatec CSR as a Logitech G920. And it just works.

If you don't have a play and charge kit, then a cell phone's USB to USB Micro cable will work just fine. Just make sure it works with the Xbox One controllers. An Apple iPhone uses a proprietary connection and will not work. Also phones that use USB Type C will not work. Look for a USB Type B Micro cable.

And when you are using the Drive Hub, you don't have to have the batteries in the controller. If they aren't the official Xbox rechargeable pack, then it would probably be a good idea to take them out when setting up the Drive Hub.

I hope this helps.

Edit:

I don't think I answered your concerns about using the Drive Hub on the XB1X. The XB1X is still an XB1, so any peripheral that works on the XB1 beside power bricks, will work on the XB1X. This should include the Drive Hub.

Edit 2:
A little clarification on what I meant by USB Micro. My terminology was a little vague. This link to Amazon, is the cable type I am referring to...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711PVX6Z/?tag=gtplanet-20

Last edited:
Use good quality USB cables, and follow the directions. If there are problems ask Podger for help over in the Drive Hub thread. He's very helpful and will point you in the right direction.

I don't have an XB1X, but I did have some problems getting the Drive Hub to work on my XB1. The problem was a cheap USB cable I was attempting to use. Switching it out for the USB cable that came with my XB1 controller's play and charge kit, fixed the problem. After that, the Drive Hub worked well. FM5, FM6, FM7, Forza Horizon 2, Project CARS, WRC 5 and, Assetto Corsa seen my Fanatec CSR as a Logitech G920. And it just works.

If you don't have a play and charge kit, then a cell phone's USB to USB Micro cable will work just fine. Just make sure it works with the Xbox One controllers. An Apple iPhone uses a proprietary connection and will not work. Also phones that use USB Type C will not work. Look for a USB Type B Micro cable.

And when you are using the Drive Hub, you don't have to have the batteries in the controller. If they aren't the official Xbox rechargeable pack, then it would probably be a good idea to take them out when setting up the Drive Hub.

I hope this helps.

Edit:

I don't think I answered your concerns about using the Drive Hub on the XB1X. The XB1X is still an XB1, so any peripheral that works on the XB1 beside power bricks, will work on the XB1X. This should include the Drive Hub.

Edit 2:
A little clarification on what I meant by USB Micro. My terminology was a little vague. This link to Amazon, is the cable type I am referring to...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711PVX6Z/?tag=gtplanet-20
Uh, I ordered the usb cable that cronus offers.

Why do I need a play and charge kit and what is that?

Thanks for the help, by the way.

Last edited:
Uh, I ordered the usb cable that cronus offers.

Why do I need a play and charge kit and what is that?

The play and charge kit is Microsoft's rechargeable battery pack, that they sell as an accessory. LOL an accessory for an accessory. Sounds like the makings of an Xhibit "Yo Dawg" meme.

This is what I am rattling on about...
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit

You don't need it though, seeing that you've ordered an extra cable from Cronus, so you should be all set.

The reason I brought up the play and charge kit, is because I had a self caused problem when I first got my Drive Hub. I was just sharing my experience to aid you once you get around to setting it up.

You shouldn't have any problems, the X1X is basically the XB1 with improved GPU and memory and the rest should be identical hardware and the G27 should get recognized as a G920.

Up and running, so far so good. What we couldnt figure out at first is you have to have the Xbox hand controller connected to drivehub also, which makes sense but didnt occur to us for a while.

Hey just wondering if anyone can help me do the Logitech g27 and Xbox one x work together with just any USB hub or does it have to be a CronusMAX drive hub or titan USB or can I just use any USB hub??

Back