Xenn's GT Concept Research Topic

• Thread starter Xenn
  • 174 comments
The Motegi South track still exists in reality. It's basically a parking lot with lines delineating the track edges:

https://goo.gl/maps/aHuJCrBHiUu

I know this because I drove on it a couple of times, as part of the Honda Sports & Eco Program (great program BTW, for anyone who happens to live nearby and understand some Japanese), before moving on to the full GP track.

Apparently it's also used for giving some of the racing machines exhibited at the Honda Collection Hall (great place to visit BTW) a spin every now and then. There may be more uses I don't know of.

Still more hidden tracks and hidden cars to show. There's a tone of GT3 cars and tracks also in the game. My computer switched itself off after recording a full lap of SSR11. There's a F1 car which I found in the disc, it has multi colours.

Great job !! Love to see new hidden contents :D

Is posting some images and doing a video would be okay (is that what you want exactly?)

The Pod Race unlocks once you have completed all the licence tests.
View attachment 516331

You access the race from the Game Status
View attachment 516328

You have ether 1 Player against 5 A.I or 2 Player Split Screen.
View attachment 516327

Single Player
View attachment 516330

2 Player
View attachment 516329

Race Menu

View attachment 516333

Race Start

View attachment 516336
View attachment 516338
View attachment 516341
View attachment 516332 View attachment 516335
View attachment 516334 View attachment 516337
This is what happens if i didn't stop...
View attachment 516343
View attachment 516339
View attachment 516344
View attachment 516342 View attachment 516340

(Captured using Elgato Game Capture HD on a Real PS2. Yeah blame the resolution but i noticed that it looks better on the TV screen itself)

Actually i should just upload a video instead.

:bowdown: Greatest. Race. Ever :bowdown:

Sorry to bump but have you got a video for this yet? (or do you plan to make one?)

Very nice developments with 2002!

I've looked at the PAL version of 2002 Tokyo-Geneva, it seems most tracks were replaced with duplicates, but the snow stage seems to survive. There's random pieces of road all over the place, the road seems to be invisible too.

Very nice developments with 2002!

I've looked at the PAL version of 2002 Tokyo-Geneva, it seems most tracks were replaced with duplicates, but the snow stage seems to survive. There's random pieces of road all over the place, the road seems to be invisible too.

Glad to have you back Xenn! 👍

I've been taking care of this thread while you were gone. What I've found is quite a surprise including a full version of the Snow course + unseen. :)

I see the Snow course you've discovered seems to more developed textures compared to the one's I've found. I also found two, one called "ss_snow" ("ss" a prefix for photomode locations) and another called "Tahiti_rec" strangely.

Enjoy

There's more too.

Last edited:
Off topic but can anyone give me the original photos of the Game cover?

$_1.JPG

latest

Apart from the bikeman file, they're all (presumably) models & textures.

Anyway, the bike mdl files are missing some of the stuff that's in the car files, so they're probably not drivable. They are in the same format as some of the other models in the game though, so they probably are displayable at the least. I haven't played Concept 2002 at all so I'll have to find where one of these models is used before trying to replace it.

Concept 2002 PAL has 28 separate config files for regions and versions, and a bike is referenced in one of them (tt_e3) as an idle demo around autumn ring. It crashes the game when trying to play it, presumably because of the above.

Also looks like they originally intended several other one-make Concept 2002 versions as well as the 350Z version. Along with the config files, there's title graphics for an Airtrek Turbo version, and a Daimler Chrysler version (these might be known about, I only really checked MattJ155's channel and didn't see anything about them).
speed12-4.png speed12-5.png

Last edited:
Apart from the bikeman file, they're all (presumably) models & textures.

Anyway, the bike mdl files are missing some of the stuff that's in the car files, so they're probably not drivable. They are in the same format as some of the other models in the game though, so they probably are displayable at the least. I haven't played Concept 2002 at all so I'll have to find where one of these models is used before trying to replace it.

Concept 2002 PAL has 28 separate config files for regions and versions, and a bike is referenced in one of them (tt_e3) as an idle demo around autumn ring. It crashes the game when trying to play it, presumably because of the above.

Also looks like they originally intended several other one-make Concept 2002 versions as well as the 350Z version. Along with the config files, there's title graphics for an Airtrek Turbo version, and a Daimler Chrysler version (these might be known about, I only really checked MattJ155's channel and didn't see anything about them).
View attachment 607777 View attachment 607778

Never heard about the Daimler Chrysler version before.

@ToyGTone Do you mean these?

15885_front.jpg

83081-gran-turismo-concept-2002-tokyo-geneva-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg

And here a extra

images666476.jpg

View attachment 607777 View attachment 607778

I've never heard about a Daimler Chrysler version and I don't believe any collectors own it but given how obscure some of these Gran Turismo Concept demo releases are it wouldn't surprise me if one did exist :lol:. The Airtrek Turbo version on the other hand is real but being that its so exceptionally rare for some reason nobody has uploaded any gameplay of it. I managed to acquire a copy a few months ago and it looks like this.

8b788a944e.jpg

Wait do you have that? If so, did you or are you going to make a video about it? I'm interested in that.

I was going to say another thing but i doubt AUP will allow me to.

I've never heard about a Daimler Chrysler version and I don't believe any collectors own it but given how obscure some of these Gran Turismo Concept demo releases are it wouldn't surprise me if one did exist :lol:. The Airtrek Turbo version on the other hand is real but being that its so exceptionally rare for some reason nobody has uploaded any gameplay of it. I managed to acquire a copy a few months ago and it looks like this.

8b788a944e.jpg
it could contains other hidden things :D

Latest Posts

Back